Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

So beautiful! Love the eyes- perfectly blended!!

Wow @k617! Your eyes! Like a desert sunset. You look breathtaking today.

@k617 That is some flawless blending! I love all those colors together!

I used the smoky eye brush set i bought...amazing brushes! Rexommend!

Eyes- kat von d mi vida loca

Bobbk brow cream eye shadow sand dollar

Sugarpill clickbait? Ill check.

Nyx vegas

Wet n wild eyeliner

Essence masvara

La girl brow pencil black

Kvd damned and nars train bleu

Wet n wild mellow wine

Jordana.contour stick light 20170728-2036226857.jpg

20170728-550918758.jpg

Very edgy and cool! You always have the best eye looks ❤️

I got the most beautiful box of gratis items from Sephora the other day and today I experimented with a few for the first time. 

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5901.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

MUFE foundation
NARS concealer
MAC shadow
Estee Lauder mascara
L'Oréal Brow pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Blush

The rest is new stuff
Ilia soft focus finishing powder (not in photo)
Lilah B bronzer
Antonym highlighter: Endless Summer
Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm
Axiology lipstick

@sephoramusthave Sephora liner in Fifth Avenue...trying to decide if I should stick with it b/c it's cheap, or go for the HG 1.5mm that only lasted me about four weeks or so.

@RGbrown Have you ever considered getting a Deva cut?  That could help release the curls and increase the volume of your hair. I have all kinds of curls all over my head. Some are much tighter in back, some behind my ears are super lazy and can go almost straight. It takes a bit of coaxing with product. As for the photos, I might be getting shots that make my hair look a bit more voluminous than it is. 😉

@jozkid

Yup on the brushing. Days two and three are just soft waves for me since I've taken a brush to it. If I get really industrious, I can squirt my hair down with a water bottle and re-scrunch to get curls again...but they're never quite as pretty as first day curls, and frankly, that's just too much work lol.

My hair was actually stick straight up until maybe 10 years ago, and it has slowly gotten curlier and curlier since then. One day I swear I'll have full blown ringlets lol. 

@RGbrown You may very well get them. My hair wasn't like this until just a few years ago. It started getting curlier as I started getting grayer. Different textures I guess

As for dry shampoo if I brushed my hair I'd look like a giant dandelion! No amount of water would bring those curls back without a full-blown restyle!

@jozkid

I just looked it up...the nearest devacut is 80 miles, so nah, not gonna do that lol. I'm pretty low maintenance with my hair anyways...one cut a year or so, and my stylist is pretty good with curls, even if she's not "devacut" certified. I get the same cut every time because I know it grows out relatively well (though it does lose some volume the longer I go between cuts). Styling involves washing every 3ish days, using bumble don't blow it, scrunch, and let air dry; second and third days require loads of dry shampoo. I own no heat tools whatsoever lol.

I'm actually pretty happy with my hair. It's soft and shiny and curly, I like the color, and I consider myself lucky to be generally content with it. Sure, there are some cons too...it's so fine that volume can be an issue, and it's thinning, and it's oily...but I'm cool with what I have. I am starting to pine hardcore for purple though, after seeing @heartsmyface's recent 'do 😍

@RGbrown 80 miles, huh?  Ok you're forgiven! How do you do dry shampoo on curly hair, though?  Don't you have to brush it out?

Holy crap my face is life-sized.

My first photo post (of me) on new Sephora.

Nars 100 point perkNars 100 point perk

• Dior Nude Foundation - 022
  • YSL Touch Eclat -2
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
  • YSL Nu Palette
  • ABH Brow Wiz - Medium Brown
  • Nars Goulue Blush
  • Nars 100 Point Perk - Matte Lip Pencil - "Let's Go Crazy"

Hello beautiful lady!  I redeem that Nars too.  I need to pull it out and play with it @jozkid

Hello @blackkitty2014! It's pretty. It's bright and bold but it works ya know? It reminds me of my favorite YSL glossy stain. But without the gloss. Lol!

@jozkid

Your hair is just flat out AMAZING. I want mine to go salt & pepper like that one day, and those curls! Gorgeous!

@jozkid

Oh, I would love to go white too! I want to be the cool old lady with pink or blue or purple hair...but I'm too chicken to deal with having to bleach it to do that now lol. Ladies in my family tend to keep their hair color though...my mother is in her 60's and still has solid dark brown hair with just a very few strands of grey mixed in. 

My hair is almost that curly, but only in the back...the front ranges from stick straight to wavy. And it's so fine, there's not much volume. I would love to have that fluffy halo of curls you are sporting!

Thank you so much @RGbrown. It's mostly just gray around my face and even then mostly just coming from my temples (if I pull my hair up I look like the Bride of Frankenstein! lol!). I'm mostly still brown in back. I always wanted to go gray like my aunt. She had a full head of white hair that literally looked like sun glistening on snow!  Now that was gorgeous!  I credit DevaCurl for the curls. That stuff works! Ha!

You look AMAZING, @jozkid!! So rosy and luminous! I can only hope that I age as gracefully and beautifully as you!

@TopazBeth Oh my goodness you're so sweet. I am very flattered. Truly

testing