Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Haven't posted here for awhile! I've been nursing a bad chin breakout and a bit self-conscious posting photos...

Now that the little sucker has finally gone flat, I'm more comfortable with my skin 😄

Spoiler

- Colourpop brow pencil - Black 'N Brown

- Rimmel liquid eyeliner

- Clinique Lash Power mascara

- NARS concealer in Custard (face) & Maybelline Fit Me in Sand (under eye)
- Maybelline Better Skin powder in Ivory

- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer (I LOVE this now that I'm slightly tanned)

- Lise Watier Arabesque blush

- Kat Von D ELL in Lovesick

It's been 2 months since I've gone foundation free and it's been relatively easy giving it up since my skin has been cooperating for the most part... I find that concealer alone conceals my blemishes enough that I really don't need foundation. I love being able to scratch an itch without rubbing off foundation, or worry about my sunglasses leaving unsightly marks on the bridge of my nose.

It's also made it easier for me to leave the house without makeup on. In the past I always put on a light foundation, powder, maybe some eyeliner even if I'm just out for a quick errand. I feel more comfortable about seeing my bare face, so I've gone out frequently on the weekend without makeup on.

The best part is that with my simplified makeup routine, it only takes me 15 minutes every morning. More sleep and more time for breakfast every day!

IMG_1195.JPG

Thank you @unfungirl @fatimamummy @michelleshops @kso1225 !

The top is from Uniqlo. I stock up whenever I'm in the States! 😄

@MariekeBT - I'd love to try the Color Correcting cream but it's not available in Canada, likely due to the SPF 😞

@Vik617 your skin looks gorgeous! and your simple makeup is perfect.

Syou look wonderful @k617 Your skin and hair is perfection!

K617 your skin is glowing and your hair is so voluminous!  Just a big pile of lovliness.  Your top is adorable too!

I've been experiencing a bad chin breakout too! T___T Thankfully it's finally gone (I hope it stays that way). I don't know if I can go foundation free on a daily basis yet, but I am applying less now that the chin breakout is gone! I've also recently started using the Dr. Jart Tiger Grass Color Correcting Cream and it really does help me with my redness. I think it is helping me move forward to lighter coverage. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

Good to see you back @k617!  Good riddance to the foundation - you look phenomenal without it!  I've been trying to get away from base products but the broken capillaries in my cheeks are really holding me back.  That your skin seems to have improved is encouraging though.

Wow, wow, wow, you look incredible! The glowing skin, the lipstick, YOUR LONG HAIR!!!!

Thank you Topaz!! The long hair is getting a much needed trim this weekend, it will be shorter soon 😉

I got Lovesick as a 100 pt perk thinking it was the new Lovecraft.... oops. But it turned out to be a great colour! We need more KVD 100 pt perks because they are the perfect size!

I will happily redeem the 700 pts I currently have for 7 KVD minis 😄

K! I'm so impressed with you going foundation free for so long. I think about it sometimes but I have too many dark spots to feel comfortable going without at least something sheer 😞

Thanks @malday !

It took me a long time to work up the courage to do it. My main issue was some really bad hyperpigmentation left behind by cysts and regular breakouts...I have quite a few around my mouth and one large one on my inner cheek (along with a slight indentation/scar)

I did tons of Googling "does foundation harm my skin" and even though I still believe that as long as I wash off my foundation every night it wouldn't do any harm, I just couldn't help but wonder if maybe my skin would improve if I stopped using foundation.

It might be the rest of my skincare routine, but I can honestly say my skin looks more radiant in person without foundation. I no longer get mysterious surface bumps on my lower cheek/along the jawline that foundation tends to give me. My skin texture has improved.

For now, it's the best decision I've made for my skin. It's definitely challenging though, and I don't know if I would be able to keep it up if my hormones go crazy and I start breaking out a lot!

i typed everything out and my browser crashed ! dang ! anyway--pardon the wretched lighting, a storm is a-brewin. 

GIVENCHY photo perfexion fluid foundation

NARS soft matte complete concealer

RMS luminizer, champagne rosé

NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG multiple tint, jo

NARS light reflecting loose powder

NARS sunwash diffusing bronzer, laguna

CLINIQUE just browsing brow mousse

BURBERRY eye contour shadow stick, almond

NARS x CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG velvet eyeshadow duo, rue allent (as smudgy liner and inner corner highlight)

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

KAT VON D everlasting lip liner, bow & arrow

KAT VON D everlasting liquid lipstick, ludwig

rainyday1.jpg

rainyday2.jpg

lord and i felt really minimal today ! and i still put all that on !

JEM!  How are you liking the NARSxCG duo?  Is it everything you dreamed it would be?  You're looking as foxy as ever!

@michelleshops i'm in love with it ! it may be my most versatile duo i have--can be dramatic and smoky, but can also serve as light smudgy liner and highlight. 

It's been forever since I posted here, but I feel like today was the first time I nailed my ideal no makeup-makeup look, thanks in part to a new product I'm trying that I need to rave about!

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

The star of the show is Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment (what a mouthful!). TLDR: It's magic. Long version in the spoiler:

Spoiler
I think I learned about this from a Buzzfeed article, of all things, about solutions for redness It's a cream that technically falls under the category of skincare rather than cosmetics, but I'm pretty sure it's going to do double-duty for me. It's green in the jar, but turns beige when you apply it. I don't think this would work so well for deeper skin tones, but for me, it's so good I was late to work this morning because I couldn't stop staring at how evened out my skin was. I'm not wearing a single drop of primer, foundation, or concealer today! And the icing on the cake is that the cream applies so smoothly that you literally can't tell I have anything on my skin. This stuff is a little on the pricey side ($52), but I think it's going to replace daytime moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, and foundation for me, which seems like a pretty fantastic bang for the buck! I'll have to see how well it lasts throughout the day, but my first impression is that this is pure magic in a jar.

Anywayyyyyyyy, now that I've probably made some of you think that I'm getting paid to plug, on to the full rundown:

Spoiler
FACE:
Cicapair cream
Tarte Smooth Operator setting powder
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight
Burberry Earthy Glow Blush as contour

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
MAC Bisque
MAC Quarry
KVD Tattoo Liner (just a baby wing at the outer corners)
Diorshow Maximizer mascara primer
Bobbi Brown Smoky Eyes mascara

BROWS:
ABH Brow Powder Duo in Taupe

LIPS:
UD Tilt

Well, another one enabled on the Dr. Jart @TopazBeth. I hope you're happy with yourself. 😉

Yay! I hope you love it too!

@TopazBeth You actually look like a doll! Tilt is such a pretty colour on you .

Umm, @TopazBeth are we connected telepathically or something?! I just got my hands on some Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment too, and I'm equally amazed! I woke up a bit late this morning and didn't have time for my usual foundation routine so I just applied this (plus a little blush and highlight), and wow. My face is so even and smooth, one of my coworkers couldn't believe I'm not wearing any foundation. And we're in the Sephora offices here, so you know that's impressive. 😄 I'm definitely a believer in this cream, and that tiger grass must be made of magic.

PS. Tilt is lovely on you, it really makes your eyes pop!

Thank you! 🙂

It's so great to see you here again! Tilt is absolutely amazing on you! I thought about wearing it to work the other day, but it's still a bit cool here and I feel a bit weird wearing a bright colour right now 😉

I was eyeing the Tiger Grass SPF 30 while I was in the States but didn't want to fall in love with a product I can't get here in Canada!! It sounds like a great product, I just love that it has SPF 30, is supposed to calm redness...I use the regular Cicapair but would love this daytime SPF version especially for breakout days! Your skin looks amazing !

1 Reply
testing