Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

You have skills! I love it, it looks like you just stepped out of a sin city movie or comic book or something, amazing

In an attempt (perhaps ill-fated) to scratch the itch that the announcement of the UD Basquiat collection has engendered...and perhaps to dissuade myself from buying the whole collection, I'm going to periodically try "looks" inspired by artwork.  Urban Decay's doing it.  Anastasia Beverly Hills did it with the Modern Renaissance palette.

To begin with a completely unwearable but perhaps easy to accomplish eye look:

Piet Mondrian, Trafalgar Square (1939-1943).

Spoiler

Face and Cheeks:  Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation Concentrate in Porcelain; Urban Decay Color Correcting Fluid in Lavender; NARS Soft Matte Concealer in Vanilla; Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Nuelle; MAKE Face Gloss

Lips:  Urban Decay Revolution in Sheer Walk of Shame

Eyes and Brows:  MAKE Aether Palette in Warm White, Salt Flat, and Sulfur; MAKE Matte Eyeshadow in Poppy; Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Curacao; MAKE Super Matte Cake Liner Duo; Benefit They're Real! mascara; Urban Decay Brow Box in Bathwater Blonde

Absolutely love!!! You did an amazing job translating Trafalgar Square onto human canvas! Smiley Happy Please post more photos if you get any more inspiration!

Nailed it! Love the inspiration, your look is a great modern interpretation. I don't think it looks unwearable in the pics, if someone had this look on I'd complement the heck out of that! Haha 

Why thank you, @Haleyhale.  I actually ended up wearing it out for several hours.  Got a few compliments and a few confused looks.  Work, though, that's a different story.

I adore this!  Mondrian makeup could definitely be a challenge, but you were clearly up to the task.  Well done, girl!  @Harpier82

Thanks, @Tamara76.  I actually thought about suggesting an artwork challenge, but there are several current ones up right now.  Maybe we'll see how I fare...and how my stamina lasts.  It's certainly made me excited brainstorming for it!

@Harpier82, I love the artwork inspired look! My parents frequent museums (I don't think I've been on a vacation where they haven't dragged me along to at least 2-3+), but I think I like the makeup version a bit better. Smiley Wink 

XOXO,
Marieke

I'm hopefully going to a concert tonight, if the car charges in time. 

Eyes: KVD Clementine, Too Faced Candied Peach, Marc Jacobs Earthquake Eyeliner. Nars Audacious Mascara.

Lips- JS Gemini

Face: Guerlain Holiday Balls, Burberry Sheer Fluid, Becca Pearl Highlighter, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Highlighter. 

I love these eyes.  Oranges and reds are my favorite eyeshadows.  And maybe yellows.

Love the look! Is it Saint Motel you are going to see? I hope you make it to the show!

@sweetlilmess Yep! They opened for Misterwives and Panic at the Disco. 

Lovely look!  You have beautiful hair, too!  Hope you made it to the show.  β€οΈ  @Samtian

@Samtian, I absolutely love your hair! 

XOXO,
Marieke

So pretty! @Samtian

Art-inspired look #4β€”  I even tried the rouge in a very 18th-century place on my cheeks.  It was much redder and much lower than it appears in the picture.  Applying blush in the hollows of the cheek is so very strange.

Thomas Lawrence, Portrait of Sarah Barrett Moulton, aka "Pinkie" (1794):

Spoiler

Face and Cheeks:  Peripera Milk Blur; Fiona Stiles Matte Foundation Concentrate in Porcelain; MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir; NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Vanilla; Laura Mercier Translucent Powder; MAKE Matte Blush in Cinnabar

Lips:  GlamGlow Plumprageous Matte Lip Treatment; Lipstick Queen Endless Summer in Stoked

Eyes and Brows:  Clinique Lid Smoothie in Bit O' Honey; Clinique Eyeshadow in Ballet Flats and Sugar; MAKE Calypso Palette in Aquamarine; Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette in Blindsided; Urban Decay XX Vice Reloaded palette in Hot Pants; Benefit They're Real! mascara; Urban Decay Brow Box in Bathwater Blonde

Highlighted

Gorgeous! The blush actually looks really pretty, too! 😘  @Harpier82

Why thank you.  With the blush, its just one of those "rules" of current makeup trends that intentionally breaking feels so wrong.

Period makeup would be fun though.  Well...period makeup styles with modern makeup.  I'd rather not die or have my skin flake off.  Smiley Wink

This is beautiful...I am loving your art-inspired looks!

@Harpier82,

Art Inspired Looks! What a great idea! I love this look on you!  I like the blush on your cheeks.  Smiley Happy

Thanks.  My goals are: (1) exercise whatever art fetish impulse that Urban Decay's upcoming Basquiat collection appeals to so strongly...and maybe curb my desire to own the entire collection, and (2) outsource inspiration to try new looks and combinations using the many makeup products I already have at my disposal.  I'm having a lot of fun!

@Harpier82, I'm loving these art inspired looks and look forward to seeing more as the month goes on! Smiley Happy 

XOXO,
Marieke

It's been a while.

BW!!!!  It's so nice to see your lovely face!   It feels like a little nostalgia party☺️

I love the lipstick!  Is that sushi kiss?  The upper lip highlight is nice too!  

It's great to see you again! Smiley Happy 

XOXO,
Marieke
1 Reply