Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I love the green and gold, certainly, but I really love the highlight around the inner corner of your eye halo.

And, also, I can't imagine anyone owning their chosen BT moniker better than you, @khaleesi.

I love this look! @khaleesi 💚

Art project #2...(and if you think it looks like I have a mustache here, you should have seen me when the bottom lip was a pale, cool pink.  I liked the idea for the lips, less so the execution.)

Andrew Wyeth, Barracoon (1976):

Spoiler
upload_7466919112876429504.jpg

Face and Cheeks:  Fiona Stiles Matte Foundation Concentrate in Porcelain; Urban Decay Color Correcting Fluid in Pink; MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir; NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Vanilla; Laura Mercier Translucent Powder; NARS Narsissist Cheek Studio Palette in Laguna and Goulue

DSC02827.jpg

Lips:  Bite Lip Pencil in 022; Bite Amuse Bouche in Squid Ink; Bite Amuse Bouche in Verbena (originally Clinique's Lip Pop in Beige Pop, but I looked like I had a turn-of-the-century mustache)

Eyes and Brows:  MAKE Calypso Palette in Bentonite Clay and Woad; Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette in Blackout; NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer (to cut the lid); Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette in Buon Fresco, Tempera, Golden Ochre and Vermeer; Urban Decay XX Vice Reloaded Palette in Anonymous and Laced; MAKE Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Very Brown; Fiona Stiles Volumizing Mascara in Worth; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Auburn

DSC02823.jpg

I love these!!!

I love this interpretation!  I actually think the lips turned out pretty cool!

@Harpier82

P.S.  I think an artwork makeup challenge would be awesome when the current challenges die down! 😊

MUFE Foundation

Givenchy powder (OMG I feel like the fanciest lady ever with this powder compact. I bought a second version for when I want more color. I can't even get over it.)

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill shadow

Loreal brow definer

Buxom mascara

Kevyn Aucoin highlighter

Smashbox lipstick (This lasted one cup of coffee - same as every time I wear a fussy colored lipstick. Then it's lip balm for the rest of the day.)

IMG_2561.JPG

Yesterday's look after I had to take my Stila liquid metal shadow off for work. My husband said it was wayyyy too night club so.. this is what I cleaned it up to be. I was so sad to take off my glitter...

IMG_0279.JPG

Wearing:

-GA luminous silk

-NARS SMC in chantilly 

-NARS trasluscent setting powder

-NARS contour powder Olympia

-NARS blush Sin

-ABH brow wiz in taupe

-ABH clear brow gel

-Stila metal n' matte palette (I really don like these eye shadows but the palette had the perfect colours! I don't reccomend anyone buying this) 

-Tom Ford eye defining pen

-Marc Jacobs velvet noir mascara

-NARS chelsea girls lip gloss 

Viva la glitter revolución!!!

Riiiight!? I want to live in a world where 'daytime glitter' is a thing, not a subtle highlight either, I want full- on glitter to be work appropriate. @Harpier82

In an attempt (perhaps ill-fated) to scratch the itch that the announcement of the UD Basquiat collection has engendered...and perhaps to dissuade myself from buying the whole collection, I'm going to periodically try "looks" inspired by artwork.  Urban Decay's doing it.  Anastasia Beverly Hills did it with the Modern Renaissance palette.

To begin with a completely unwearable but perhaps easy to accomplish eye look:

Piet Mondrian, Trafalgar Square (1939-1943).

Spoiler
upload_6931699835736919071.jpg

Face and Cheeks:  Fiona Stiles Luminous Finish Foundation Concentrate in Porcelain; Urban Decay Color Correcting Fluid in Lavender; NARS Soft Matte Concealer in Vanilla; Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Nuelle; MAKE Face Gloss

DSC02809.jpg

Lips:  Urban Decay Revolution in Sheer Walk of Shame

Eyes and Brows:  MAKE Aether Palette in Warm White, Salt Flat, and Sulfur; MAKE Matte Eyeshadow in Poppy; Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Curacao; MAKE Super Matte Cake Liner Duo; Benefit They're Real! mascara; Urban Decay Brow Box in Bathwater Blonde

DSC02796.jpg

@Harpier82, I love the artwork inspired look! My parents frequent museums (I don't think I've been on a vacation where they haven't dragged me along to at least 2-3+), but I think I like the makeup version a bit better. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

I adore this!  Mondrian makeup could definitely be a challenge, but you were clearly up to the task.  Well done, girl!  @Harpier82

Thanks, @Tamara76.  I actually thought about suggesting an artwork challenge, but there are several current ones up right now.  Maybe we'll see how I fare...and how my stamina lasts.  It's certainly made me excited brainstorming for it!

Absolutely love!!! You did an amazing job translating Trafalgar Square onto human canvas! 🙂 Please post more photos if you get any more inspiration!

Nailed it! Love the inspiration, your look is a great modern interpretation. I don't think it looks unwearable in the pics, if someone had this look on I'd complement the heck out of that! Haha 

Why thank you, @Haleyhale.  I actually ended up wearing it out for several hours.  Got a few compliments and a few confused looks.  Work, though, that's a different story.

Sugarpill Feline fancy palette

mac ray beam blush

laura mercier blush lip glace IMG_5428.JPGIMG_5429.JPG

Took my (short) Sunday to play with a new foundation and the Full Spectrum palette.  You know, when I knew I wouldn't need to go out.

Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation review below.  And I still don't know whether I like this eye look or not.

Face and Cheeks:  Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation in Shell Ivory; NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Vanilla; MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir; Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Nuelle; Laura Mercier Translucent Powder; Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Ice Cold; Clinique Cheek Pop in Pink Pop

DSC02768.jpg

Eyes and Brows:  Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette in Gossip, Alchemy, Jones, Calavera, Iced, and Metamorphosis; Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Yeyo; Benefit They're Real! Mascara; MAKE Brow Sculpting Duo in Cool

DSC02782.jpg

Lips:  Clinique Lip Pop in Beige Pop

Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation review:  So, after numerous YouTube makeup artists and beauty bloggers raved for the last month about this new Wet n Wild foundation, I thought I'd try it.  Overall, a major score for the price point.  The coverage is even and full, it lasts at least 8 hours without breaking down, and it gives a pleasing, soft mostly matte finish without drying out the skin.  The smell is a little strange, but not wholly unpleasant and goes away as soon as it's applied.  It does require a significantly greater volume of product to cover the face, applied either with a foundation brush or a beauty blender.

The single biggest drawback is that it doesn't mix well with other products.  Once it's on the face it's fine!  But I regularly mix a drop or two of face oil with my foundation before applying to make it more luminous.  That's a no-go with this.  Likewise, the Cover FX Custom Enhancement Drops DO NOT mix into this foundation well, and I would imagine the same would be true with other similar products.

I had a networking event at school, so I had to tone down my highlight. But I still glowed all day - you cannot take my highlight away 😄

Mar10-Networking.jpg

Spoiler
MUFE Ultra HD Y245
MAC Pro Longwear concealer NC20
NARS RCC Custard
ABH Brow Wiz Dark Brown
Too Faced BTS waterproof mascara
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Tarte Exposed blush
Becca Moonstone
MAC Velvet Teddy Heart

That's right, girl!  Don't let anyone take that highlight away!  Gorgeous look!  @Melissa136

@Tamara76 Haha, thank you! I've got my highlighters nearby whenever I want to look at something pretty 😛

2 Replies
testing