Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

IMG_20170129_184959_809.jpghawkwind

@Blackwhiskey,  This is a beautiful look on you!  I really like your eye makeup!  🙂

@Blackwhiskey  The lipstick color is really nice.  I like how you have this subtle earthy look going on.

obsessed with this on you @Blackwhiskey ❤️

@unfungirl ❤️ Thank you, I love the color , this makeup look is usually my every day makeup look though recently i haven't had the time!  the lipstick is nice.

it's such a good look for you @Blackwhiskey! you rock bold and neutral equally 🙂

i am definitely picking hawkwind up!

HeartHeartHeart Hawkwind is stunning, much different than I thought. Definitely need to swatch it in store!

Thank you @melissa136 I'm not sure if it's the sun lighting though that brings out the colors of it, kinda like when you're in a dark room and your hair is black but you go outside and it's clearly another color unless it's actually black! lol I'll have to make sure of it because i didn't notice it quite much yesterday i just put it on and it matched my makeup but it is a pretty color that much i can say.

@Blackwhiskey Haha, I understand what you're saying! I'm hoping that it doesn't pull too brown on me. Ideally I want it to look exactly how it looks on you, but it's most likely darker and a hint more brown. I won't know until I see it myself.

I'm eyeing Ophelia and Ludwig, but who knows! I'm always open to more KVD liquid lipsticks. They're my absolute fave

Note: I was testing out a sample of IT Cosmetic's CC cream in medium.  I'm in the fair shade, but this was the sample that was sent to me, and my local Sephora doesn't carry 'fair' so I can't get a sample from them.  It's not as obvious in the pictures, but I definitely need the fair shade.   

This is my first time posting in this thread because I'm very shy about sharing pictures of myself.

Artificial lighting:

01.jpg

Natural lighting:

02.jpg

Spoiler
Stuff I used:

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The lip pencil is an Hourglass one, but the color name has worn off.

Most of the eye color is from the Sephora Color Wonderland palette.  The I used most of the left side of the Smashbox Lighting Theory palette for color correcting and contouring.  The Sephora round eyeshadows were for my brows, and I only used the bronzer from the Nars palette.  For blush I used the Buxum single along with two from the Smashbox palette.

Your eyeshadow skills are top notch! I can't wait to see more looks you post once you get more comfortable. They're too beautiful to not share Heart

@Melissa136  Aww, thank you for saying so!  

Posting pictures here was definitely scary for me!  I don't have a facebook, twitter, snapchat, or anything like that, so it was a leap for me.  It's good though.  Builds character! 😉

Oooooohhh la la! I love you eyeshadows Heart

@blackkitty2014  Thank you! 😄

You look amazing! I looove your eye shadow! 

@Samtian  Thank you!  I've been feeling down, so I wanted something colorful to cheer me up. 😄

@ghrelin,

I'd like to comment because I recently tried that medium shade and it was so wrong on me!  Too dark!  On my computer screen, in artificial lighting, I cannot see that this is too dark on you and your look is flawless!  In natural lighting, and because you mentioned that you need the fair shade of the It Cosmetics CC cream, I will just tell you that I can see  that your skin looks faintly warmer toned in this light. As fair as your skin is, I'm surprised that the medium didn't shout "Medium!"  Anyway, what a pretty look!  You should post your looks more often.  🙂

@tsavorite  Thank you!  🙂  I'm trying to be more social and active on the BT boards.  I'm not really the type to post pictures of myself online, but I've decided to step outside of my comfort zone and give it a go!

I've heard that the IT Cosmetics CC cream is really fantastic, and I'd ended up with a foil sample in medium.  I don't mind testing a product like that on days that I don't go anywhere.  It at least gives me an idea of how it feels and applies, but I would really love to test it outside of the house.  

I'm thinking I may just have to order a small bottle of it and hope it works.  I really hate returning product if I can avoid it.  I did take a look at the 'light' option, but I think it might be too dark for me too.

As for the medium color itself, I did some contouring and threw on the Sephora powder foundation in 06 which lightened it up.  Also, amusingly enough, the 'highlighter' color in the Smashbox palette matches my skin tone perfectly, so I put some of that on in several places as well.  (I have accidentally mistaken highlighter samples for liquid foundation samples before since they matched my skin tone, haha!)  But when I first put on the CC cream it was very obvious that I was wearing the wrong shade.  

@ghrelin,

That explains it!  I do hope that you will post more looks.  And I hope that you will feel better!  I'm glad that you are trying to be more active and social on the BT board.  I think that you will enjoy it!  🙂

Photos from my bf's gala! I am so sorry to disappoint as well, I didnt wear that strapless off-white lace dress I posted a photo of in the low-buy thread 😞 I had a last minute change of mind!

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

You two look amazing! 

testing