Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Oh my goodness, you look just like a perfect Victorian porcelain doll. Love the blush and lips!

You are absolutely beautiful, Sprytely. Your makeup is lovely, and I just adore your outfit! 

You look like a gorgeous hothouse flower today, Spry!

Worked from home today, so here's some continued Spectrum palette love.

FullSizeRender (27).jpg

FullSizeRender (28).jpg

Products:

Spoiler
Laura Geller Spackle primer
Smashbox Color Correcting pencil, green
Becca Undereye Brightener
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Warm Ivory
Stila Stay All Day concealer, 01 Bare
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil loose powder, Original
Burberry Earthy blush
Laura Gellar Blush n Brighten, Sunswept
Becca Pressed Opal
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
UD Spectrum, bottom row: Daybreak, Burn, West
KVD Thunderstruck in inner corner
Too Faced Sweet Peach, White Peach, as brow bone highlight
KVD Tatto Liner, Mad Max Brown
Eyeko Black Magic mascara
Smashbox Matte Tech Brow Pencil, Taupe
Stila Caramello

Thanks you guys! @jesscheems @Haleyhale My hair is the same color as in other photos; I think this is just the effect of using bright natural light instead of my overhead halogen, lol. Usually when I take pics I'm in the den (and it's night), but this time I was standing right in front of a big window in the afternoon.

@JazaChai,

Just smashing!   Nice summer glow.  Your eyes contrast nicely. Very pretty.

I've been really enjoying your face lately! LOL seriously though, lookin' good!

Love this look. You look great!

You are a stunner! That eye look with the lips is killer!! So gorgeous on you and your skin looks amazing! I also love your hair colour (has it changed or is it just me)- either way I like the tones to your hair ❤️

Your eyes are stunning!

I looove this look JazaChai. You always pull off brighter, bolder colours SO WELL but your eyes really pop with these neutrals!

You have great liner skills! Did you lighten your hair? It looks very summery today 🙂

I love this look! Looking so fresh, and so radiant, and just so pretty.

Love Caramello, too. It seems I'm gonna be needing that one, as well. 🙂

Cross posting from the Hourglass thread. 

I did my makeup only for fun today as I stayed home from work and had to go to an appointment. Pit stop at the mall over lunch means buying stuff from Sephora!

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish foundation in Buff (my new purchase!)

Cinema Secrets setting powder 

ABH Modern Renaissance palette

Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner

Bareminerals Lash Domination mascara

Becca pressed Opal

Nars Goulue 

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing powder

Colourpop Maneater

IMG_9851.JPG

Your top is so cute! So glad you are loving the ABH 😄 -phew- It would've sucked if I enabled you and you hated it 😄

@k617Firstly, I have to thank you again for enabling me on the ABH palette. I have been wearing daily since I got it and insisted my mom buy it, too (we share a love of all things makeup 🙂

Secondly, I feel like you are lucky enough to own every foundation I have on my wish list, specifically the GA Luminous Silk and the new Hourglass stick.May i ask you about them? 

I don't know your skin type (I am normal-combo w/ large pores on nose 😞 ), but what are your thoughts on the Hourglass foundation thus far? To what other foundation would you compare it? 

As far as the GA, I have heard enough about it to know I would probably like it. 

If I am a MAC NW20 what shade would you recommend for me?  How do you find the coverage and lasting power? 

I know this is pretty long winded, so I apologize for that. Feel free to ignore this or only answer one question out of the bunch. 

Thanks! 

Hey @makeupbag2! Glad to hear you love the ABH palette! You'll have to thank @jesscheems too because she really enabled me on that one 😄

My skin type is normal/oily combo as well. I am oily in the t-zone (mainly nose and inner cheek beside the nose, and somewhat in chin if I get hot and forehead area although forehead greasiness is usually minimal) with small pores and minimal skin texture.

So far, I do like this Hourglass foundation. I only wore it for ~6 hours yesterday and I applied it mid-day when it was really hot outside, so I was a bit greasy looking when I took off my makeup at night. I plan to wear it again today and I can report back if you're interested. Although I was greasy, the foundation did not break up anywhere, and still looked good if you look past the shine. I didn't blot throughout the day but did set with loose powder.

I don't find the coverage to be full as Hourglass claims. I would say it's a light coverage foundation, but buildable to medium if you pat in the foundation rather than buffing it out.

I really have nothing to compare this to since it's the first cream/stick foundation I've used. I usually only use liquids! Plus I don't tend to switch foundations very often; this year is the first year I'm trying out a number of different foundations at once.

I'm looking at the colour chart Sephora has posted on the product page: http://www.sephora.com/contentimages/pdf/Hourglass_Vanish_Fdtn_ShadeChart.pdf

And a lot of the shades seem to lean neutral/yellow. So it depends what kind of a NW you are? How cool/pink toned are you, really? Vanilla is probably a good starting point to look. Otherwise if you do lean more neutral, Ivory might work as well although it might be a bit dark. I did find that with the way these blend, if you go for a lighter coverage the shade is fairly forgiving. I was matched to both Shell and Buff. Shell is slightly pinker and lighter in tone but honestly I could barely tell. The difference was very subtle once on my skin.

For reference, I'm probably a NC 20-25. Never got matched officially, but based on the foundations I currently use, and what other people using the same foundations say they are in MAC, I think I'm pretty close.

Hope this helps!

@k617 Thanks for your reply/mini review! And here is a shout out to @jesscheems as well for enabling the enabler on the ABH Palette! Keep on enabling 🙂 

I plan to get color matched in store since I have a hard time guessing my correct shade on line. I am more visual in that way. 

Thanks again for the prompt and detailed response. 

Love seeing your makeup looks 🙂 

You're welcome @makeupbag2! Hopefully you'll find a shade that works for you!

It's a good brow day! 😄

Warm-Peach-1.jpg

Spoiler
Too Faced Born this Way foundation
MAC Pro Longwear concealer
Too Faced Sweet Peach palette (Puree, Charmed I'm Sure, Bellini)
Too Faced BTS waterproof mascara
KVD Tattoo Liner
ABH Brow Wiz
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Becca Prosecco Pop & Amaretto (split pan)
Ciate Swoon

Good brow day and good lip day I'd say lol. Very feminine and put together 😃

testing