Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

1) babe.  2) Lovesick is perfect for you! 3) Why did you post a pic of Winona first? 😉

Listening to M83's Junk this morning, and wanted a makeup look to match.

DSC01715.jpg

Face and Cheeks:  Fiona Stiles Luminous Foundation Concentrate in Porcelain; MAKE Contour | Highlight in W1; MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir; Clinique Cheek Pop in Pink Pop; Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Ice Cold

DSC01727.jpg

Eyes and Brows:  Clinique Lid Smoothie in Bit O' Honey; Urban Decay XX Vice Reloaded Palette in Laced, Misdemeanor, Oil Slick, Roadstripe, and Midnight Cowboy; Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Curacao; Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Auburn; Urban Decay Brow Tamer in Clear

Lips:  Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Speedball

**bleep**, I thought about getting that lipstick but didn't.  Love it on  you!

@Harpier82 How do you like the JS skin frosts?  I can't tell if they're useable IRL (they seem so pigmented!).  I adore that lipstick with your hair.  You are just a pre-raphaelite dream come true.

Because I don't want to multiply my highlighters too outrageously, I only bought Ice Cold.  (Icy whites are difficult to come by as highlighters, which is frustrating for the ultra-fair.  I'm not sure it would work as well on darker skin tones.)  I find it very wearable.  It is very pigmented.  Jeffree's not lying when he says a little goes a long way.  (I've also used it as an eyeshadow highlight.  Perfect.)  A friend bought the Peach Goddess shade.  Also very wearable.  My sense is that King Tut would also be very wearable for slightly darker skin tones, but it'd probably look like a super-shimmery bronzer on me.  I'm more skeptical about Mint Condition for most looks.

For me, the trick is finding the right brush.  A soft brush with sparser bristles is ideal.  If you use a brush with dense bristles, you will probably pick up more product than you want on your face.

Thanks this is super helpful!  I appreciate all the details 🙂

Your skin is glowing.  I saw the thumbnail of you on the main page and actually went "WHooa!" out loud. Love the blue eyeliner. 

Thanks!  (Though the bottom photo looks way shinier than I think the look generally did.)  I was definitely going for a highly reflective day.  

Neutral look with some new goodies 🙂

Truffle.jpg

Spoiler
Too Faced Born this Way, Vanilla
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, NC20
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Light Plus
ABH Brow Wiz, Dark Brown
Tartelette in Bloom + ABH Intense Gaze + KVD Thunderstruck
Stila Stay All Day liqiud liner
Too Faced BTS Waterproof mascara
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Tarte Exposed blush
Becca Pearl
Dose of Colours Truffle HeartHeartHeart

Gorgeous look and amazing eyeshadow blending as always!! ❤️ How are you liking/loving KVD Thunderstruck? Does it really live up to the hype?

Here's a typical neutral look without foundation... Flowers to the left are on our mature Kalmia shrub. Sorry that my glasses are hiding my eye makeup! 😮

Spoiler
Brows are powder, marker, colored gel tint; eyes are several Burberry powder shades; blush is Chanel cream (I forget which one); bronzer is liquid RBR; highlight is liquid RBR plus Meteorites powder; lipstick is Topshop Drive

lipstick-topshopdrive-5-31-2016EDIT - Copy.jpg

Date with the husband look

Eyes: Viseart neutral mattes, KVD trooper and, MJ black liner, little bit of the sparkly powder from TF golden peach.

Lips: Charlotte Tilbury  pillow talk and b*tch perfect 

Cheeks: Kevyn Aucoin bronzer tropical days, and TF love lust

bi2chperfect.jpgbit3perfect.jpg

A hodgepodge of products today—some new, some samples—in a look that's a little outside my comfort zone, with no good photos and harsh lighting.  But they're too fun to ignore.

Face and Cheeks:  MAKE Soft Focus Foundation in Warm #2 (sample); MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir; Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Ice Cold; MAKE Matte Finish Blush in Ochre

DSC01701.jpg

Eyes and Brows:  Clinique Lid Smoothie in Cashew Later; MAKE Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Palermo; MAKE Calypso Palette in Alabaster; Urban Decay Ink for Eyes; MAKE Defining Mascara; Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Auburn; Urban Decay Brow Tamer in Clear

Lips:  Bite Amuse Bouche in Verbena

So, the foundation sample is definitely not my color—wrong undertone and maybe one shade too dark—but I wanted to get a sense for the formula and coverage.  Very fine moderate coverage, but not as excellent as other options.  (NARS comes to mind.)  And I definitely should have gone with my light gold highlighter, but I was too eager to try my new Skin Frost.  And I probably need falsies with such a long, heavy wing.  But I'm delighted with my new blush, and the Skin Frost will go brilliantly with more cool-toned looks.

those colors and that bold liner remind me of

pikapika.gif

i love it

Verbene is such a stunning color for you!  It reminds me a lot of NARS Jane.

Verbena's such a stunning color, full stop.  It's definitely not a shade that I would typically be drawn to buying by itself, but I couldn't resist it when the Bite Spring Fling set went on sale—mostly for the Line and Define Primer—but I've been very pleasantly surprised by all three mini lip colors.  And Verbena may be the best of the three.

Products:

Spoiler
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield
- Kat von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 42
- Tarte Aquacealer in Fair
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Setting Powder
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette - Looking Glass, Reflection, Metamorphosis, Heads Will Roll, Bandersnatch, Time
- Tarte Eyeliner Pencil in Navy
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint
- Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Lipstick in Time

IMAG2535.jpg

Well, since it's not like I have to go to the office today, I figured I'd work up an excuse to wear a blue lipstick. All I've got to do today is go to the dentist, and then dinner. So, fudge it.

I also tried to use the Aquacealer to add just a tiny smidge of color to my face because my boyfriend was complaining about the ghostly white the KVD foundation gives me. I hope it worked out well.

Tomorrow, assuming I don't have to go to any interviews, I'll work up an excuse to wear my black lippie.... and maybe like, idk, clean my office.. wash my brushes... I'm going stir crazy.

IMG_20160531_131925.jpg

image.jpeg

Last week- Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow in Abyssinian Catbird, Hourglass blush in Mood Exposure and Jeffree Star Gemini lipstick  

image.jpeg

Yesterday, I finally tried my Chantecaille  Mermaid Eye Color in Lagoon. It's so pretty! I also used ColorPop Lippiestix in Rayezor, Becca Champagne Gold and Hourglass blush in UD Blush in Rapture 

Love both looks but that second eye shadow *swoon*!

So pretty!

thank you @kbmatthews! nice seeing you again, hope you're doing well 🙂

3 Replies
testing