Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you dear Shannon Heart

How dare you have a life and not put slap on every day and post pictures for our enjoyment. 😛

Lovely as always, but not as lovely as seeing you back here!

Haha, I was still posting a bit on IG at least! Glad to be back 🙂

Simply stunning

Thank you 🙂

That bandana is the best! As usually your looks are always amazing and make me super jelly that I don't have your skills!

Thank you Regina!

Yeah! Ma'lady welcome back! I hope you feel better soon!

Thank ya veg!

THERE YOU ARE DANGIT. too good for us now ?!  (just kidding i love you don't leave)

NEVER. I have just been weird lately and decided to take a hiatus of sorts lol

I wanted to wear my new ABH shadows, even though they're the same colors I always wear haha. I'm so tired of my hair. I'm tired of how long it is, but I'm mainly tired of how dry it's been lately. I'm thinking about trying the Pantene products that SD posted about on Instagram. 

Photo on 4-12-16 at 1.54 PM #2.jpg

- MUFE Ultra HD foudation + Nars RCC

- Inglot contour + Nars Impassioned + Laura Gellar Baked Gelato highlighter in Charming Pink

- ABH Shadows (Fresh, Buon Fresco, Macaroon) + gel liner + YSL Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils sample (I thought I loved the rollerlash, but I can see now that I've never known true love until this mascara)

- Nars Rosecliff lipstick

- Boy Brow

- Hanae Mori Butterfly rollerball 

I live for your messy buns, they're flawless! Same with your winged liner!

I'm in the same mood, I'm sick of my hair and have it in a bun all the time. Not sure if this is useful since my hair is more staticky, but conditioner and oils really helped my hair. I slather some Dove conditioner all over my hair and let it sit for as long as possible. I massage argan oil afterwards while my hair is damp. It works well, but hair is sooooo temperamental :S

You look ready to run through grassy meadows all giggly and carefree!  

I have a hair suggestion, Pureology products 🙂 My hair is in its best shape ever! 

However frustrating you might find the texture of your own hair, it certainly looks beautiful.  The length, the color, the whimsical romantic softness.

It's been a long time (a LONG time) since I've used any Pantene products regularly.  (It was years ago my go-to drugstore brand even though it wasn't particularly good for my hair.  It weighed it down, simultaneously dried out my scalp and made my roots oily, and eventually made my hair feel filmy.)  So maybe this new line will work.  But before changing up your whole routine, have you tried using hair oil.  I use Bumble and bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil daily, but if you're looking for something more intense (and cheaper), you could try pure argan or marula oil.  I find the finish much cleaner and softer and nourishing than most hair masks or wash-out treatments.

I have a bottle of moroccon oil from birchbox that I use sometimes, but I don't think I'm using it right. And a bottle of spray OGX oil that smells so good, but seems too heavy. I've been interested in the B&B hairdresser's oil though, so it's nice to see a recommendation for it!

I find OGX oils VERY heavy.  My sister, who has much thicker and slightly coarser hair, has much better success with them.

As others below have rightly pointed out, B&B products—including the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil—often contain silicones.  (Here, not much.)  So, if you're looking to avoid those, they're probably not right for you.  But, I've experienced absolutely no silicone build-up with regular use of this product.  That said, it's the ONLY hair product I use—most of the rest is from DevaCurl—that does include silicone.

Other than that, it's possible that something else you're using to cleanse or style is drying out your hair.  Personally, the BIGGEST improvement to my hair texture—which is tricky, because it is both quite long and very curly—was to switch to a non-lathering cleanser.  As soon as my hair and scalp adjusted to the change, my hair was so much softer, smoother, and way less frizzy.

I don't know anything about hair, not even enough to know if I'm trying to avoid silicones or not. I have a pretty minimal hair routine. I wash and condition it with Biolage Colorlast orchid products (which I'm not married to, I just like the smell a lot). Put it in a microfiber turban. Then later spray it with Redkin Pillow Proof spray and blow dry it. Ive been using these products for a long time without any problem, and only wash my hair about twice a week. 

Sometimes I use a children's detangling spray or the oil, or a random birchbox product. It's possible one of those is drying out my hair. Or it's just because I need to cut off the splitting ends. I am definitely looking into the DevaCurl line now. 

Anonymous Insider

I love Moroccan oil...I've been using them for years now (my hair usually doesn't have problem with silicone and this is the only oil I've tried so far and somehow doesn't make my neck itchy). I use it once before drying my hairs and once after (only the end part) drying...but you look stunning with that care-free updo anyway!

i love the hair dresser's invisible oil range (it's what i was using until i discovered devacurl, and i still use it if i straighten my hair...hypothetically, since i never do, but still...). and i LOVED the oil....but i've come to realize one of my biggest problems with my dry hair was silicone heavy products (and the b&b oil has silicones in it). basically, just about anything with silicones in it is a quick and easy fix, that eventually turned my hair even drier and caused breakage from the buildup (this is exactly why i actually advise people to stay away from pantene, but things may be different now, i don't know). the hairdresser's oil didn't necessarily do this, but i've noticed the biggest difference since keeping silicones away..........

testing