Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

It's a stain-gloss hybrid. The gloss is very opaque, but in the pic this is my second application since I took it in the afternoon. Love the formula!

On to MAC! I picked up: Beauty Marked, Patina, Satin Taupe, Sable*, Mystery, Nylon***, Handwritten, Wedge*, and Embark*.

I really love all of them, but *-ed are very useful to have in your arsenal. If you want swatches I'd be happy to do so, just when you reply use a mention 🙂 Also, if you love purple, I highly recommend fig 1!!!!

OK I definitely need to check out this YSL!  That pigmentation is awesome!

I've heard of maybe two of those, lol.  I would never turn down swatches 🙂   Much appreciated! @kilov

@ElleElleG Ask and you shall receive...I love doing swatches 🙂 It's like this is the job I wish I had.

IMG_0521 copy.jpg

IMG_0523 copy.jpg

Left to right, then bottom to top:

Honey Lust

Nylon (the gorgeousness doesn't translate to photo)

Sable

Satin Taupe

Scene

Hand Written

Patina

Embark

Mystery

Wedge

Fig 1

Beauty Marked

I have a whole basket full of new shades that I want to order. I also swatched some ABH shadows at my Sephora and was blown-over by the pigmentation and unique colours. Goodbye savings 😄

LMAO so I saw the photo from the home page and thought to myself, ohhhhh swatches let's click here....took me a minute to process why I was seeing my name on the post, lol.

Your swatches are lovely!!! Honey Lust, Satin Taupe, Patina, Wedge, and Fig 1 are calling out to me.  Fig 1 looks very similar to MUFE 928 Eggplant which I'm OBSESSED with!!

Now ABH shadows I can recommend.  If you are in the States/shop @ Ulta definitely get them from there.  I think another 20% off everything for Platinum members should be coming up in April?

@kilov

Is that Nylon in your inner corners? It's stunning!

The MUFE foundation looks great, a very glowy and natural finish. I've got dry skin and really love the Too Faced Born this Way foundation. Only problem is that the line runs really yellow, and it doesn't have that many light shades. If you haven't tried it, I'd suggest a sample if you can get a colour match. It's a hit and miss with people, but for me it's HG status. Hope this helps a bit!, and IMO stick with the MUFE foundation. It's gorgeous on you

Yes it is Nylon. I ordered 9 MAC shadows the day of the decrease and have really been loving Nylon. Jacklyn Hill had said in a ton of her videos that it was her favorite inner corner highlight, so I had to buy it.

Also, thank you Melissa for the advice! I think I will pick up the MUFE in the sale next month (or if there is a stellar promo). The Too Faced is way too dark for me now, even the UD  Naked Skin in 0.5 was! Can't believe how pale I've become this winter. Might see about the TF in summer 🙂

You're welcome! I might need to consider Nylon whenever I go to MAC. I've never been to a MAC store since my closest mall doesn't have one and the only option is Sephora.

I might need to get a sample of the MUFE foundation, your picture is convincing me to try it.

I think I've used Nylon every day since it came in the mail. If you get one shadow from MAC get Nylon!!! now I'm getting a tad evangelical 😄

You are glowing! Love that YSL on you, and the shimmer in the corner of your eyes.

Thank you Beth! I never would have bought a fuchsia, but I got it on sale at Winners. I love it and the formula 😄

sorry, as usual, for the quality.

GLOSSIER skin tint

NARS radiant creamy concealer

NARS blush, impassioned

CLINIQUE brow mousse

MAC kohl liner, teddy

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

NYX lip liner, pale pink

BITE BEAUTY amuse bouche lipstick, sake

amuse.jpg

Beautiful as always! Is there a lipstick colour that you can't rock 😛

Every time I think I don't need Sake, someone posts a picture wearing it and I have a little crisis. SO pretty on you!

In terms of the color, it's like if NARS Anna & Dominique had a baby and then the baby also got a bit of the pink gene as that pinky aunt, or something. I find the color more easy / wearable to Anna and Dom (though I love those both for their boldness, I'm not slagging them off !!).

What an adorable family tree.

Spoiler
-MUFE Smoothing Primer
-MUFE Ulta HD foundation R330
-UD Color correcting concealer in Peach and Green
-Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer
-Becca blush Snapdragon
-Too Faced shadow insurance
-UD eyeshadow Mildew
-UD eyeliner Mushroom
-ABH brow wiz medium brown
-Buxom Lip polish Chloe

My lighting is not the best to see the real color, but got to wear some green eyeshadow to a St. Patrick's Day party tonight 🙂 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I think I can see a bit of the green peeking through, it's beautiful! Holidays are the perfect excuse to wear bold colours 😛

What are your thoughts about the new Becca blushes? I'm trying to convince myself not to get anymore blush, but Snapdragon looks like an interesting pink.

@Melissa136 The blush is different enough from the other blushes I have that I'm glad I have it. It's easy to build up. I'm newer to blush so I always tend to be light with my application. It's a beautiful color though and has a nice sheen to it.

@samls324 Thanks for the info! I think I'll wait until the April sale to purchase it. I need to see some more swatches first

So simply pretty!

First post on BT. Yay!

My product choices were somewhat inspired by KatieKabam's recent looks (though I have a tiny fraction of the skill she does)

Please excuse the dirty hair- can't be bothered to wash my hair on a lazy Saturday. 🙂

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Spoiler
Face:
Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm - light/med
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow- teensy bit of the "sculpt" color
Tom Ford blush - Ravish
Becca SSP pressed - Moonstone

Eyes/Brows:
Hourglass brow pencil - Dark Brunette
Nars eyeshadow primer
Tom Ford cream eye color - Spice
Ardency Inn pigment - Rose Gold (just a little on top of Spice
Marc Jacobs liquid eye liner - Blacquer
Dior lash primer/Nars Audacious mascara

Lips:
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Aura (light layer)
OCC RTW Lip Tar - Indrid (soooo wonderful indeed!)

testing