Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Your eye look is so pretty against your eye colour!

Thank you miss Jess!

Ah-maaaaaazing. 

Thank youuuuu Beth! ❤️

kind of a weird photo, i know. but at least you can see i have eyelashes ? i've been particularly obsessed this week with putting mascara on my lower lashes--loading it on. i've always been in the puts-mascara-on-bottom-lashes camp, but i've always done it a bit half as*ed. but lately i've been super liking the effect.

i also know my hair is covering my face, but you can still see the hint of blush, i think, and frankly, i'm just too pleased to have hair that can cover my face to do anything about it ! 😉

NARS sheer glow foundation (been ages since i wore this ! tried and true....), siberia

NARS RCC, chantilly

NARS blush, impassioned

CLINIQUE just browsing brow mousse, black brown

NARS single eyeshadow, blondie

MAC kohl liner, teddy

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

BITE BEAUTY amuse bouche lipstick, sake

i haven't worn anything but sake since i got it ! reminds me slightly of NARS catfight, though slightly more purple...

sakeface.jpg

I love this picture, it tells me that this lipstick although not bold at all, makes you feel like you're at top of the world, empowered, you're such a rare beauty! 

Sake looks beautiful on you!

thank you ! i'm adoring it !!

IMG_8244.jpg

Never mind the bangs. They dried funnily. 😉

FACE

Burberry Fresh Glow as primer
Glossier skin tint
UDxGwen blush in Easy and Hush
Burberry contour in Light Glow
MAC highlighter in Lightscapade
Guerlain magic balls

EYES

Urban Decay eyeshadow from the Naked 3 palette in Factory, Mugshot, Blackheart, Trick, and Strange
Benefit Gimme Brow

LIPS

Marc Jacobs lipstick in Infamous

UD Vanity (UD site exclusive) on the lips today.  It's a black semi opaque sparkle gloss that's gonna be perfect for layering over my other lipsticks.  It also looks good alone though.  Eyeliners are UD Deep End & Accuse.

image.jpeg

Oh, Vanity is beautiful! I picked Vanity up during the last UD sale, but haven't worn it yet. Are you wearing it with a lipstick here?

Beautiful!

20160305_174033 (1).jpg

20160305_173934 (1).jpg

I went out tonight and was super excited to do my makeup. I spent a ton of time on it and was excited to share it only to realize my phone absolutely sucks at taking pictures of makeup.  Now I remember why I stopped posting pictures here. You can kind of get the idea, but it was very amplified in person. This picture looks almost like what I'd spend 5 minutes doing before work and this was far more dramatic.  I contoured and there is zero evidence of that in any of my pictures. How is my skin almost one color when I have blush, bronzer, and contour on?! My eyeshadow was much darker as well - I used MAC Constructivist paint pot as a base. 

I tried the front and rear cameras, using flash, different lighting - nothing helped.  I stand in front of a window to get the best lighting and take a few steps back if the image is too overexposed. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 if anyone has advice specific to that phone. I think I have all the obnoxious settings off (beauty face, HDR are the only two that I know could be causing poor quality like this and they are definitely off).

Spoiler
And the products:
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau - 31 - too light but workable with bronzer
MAC Constructivist Paint Pot
Urban Decay Shadow Box - Sin, Smog, Lost, and Baked Cowboy
Viseart Neutral Mattes
Inglot Liner - 77
Kevyn Aucoin Contour and liquid candlelight highlighter
NARS Douceur
Tom Ford Terra Bronzer
Tom Ford Bare Peach Lipstick
Chanel Le Volume Mascara

I have a samsung galaxy sii (I know, contain your envy!) and I find the best pictures I take are by the window, and of course I use the front facing camera so I can see what I'm doing.  There are going to be times that your camera just can't pick up colors.  

My advice for taking pictures with a real digital camera are to use the flash and photograph yourself on your back so you get as much light on your face as possible in addition to the flash.

I also think the more white you get in the background, the cleaner the picture looks, and it also ends up being brighter which helps your cell phone pick up the right colors.

So soft and feminine and lovely!

I'm sorry you're having camera troubles. I def feel you on blush and contour not showing up—that's my eternal struggle. I can't offer advice, but I can say that you do look pretty.

Ohhhhh, girl!  You should see my friend.  She took a before and after selfie of herself after I did her makeup.  Then I was like, THOSE PICTURES BLOW.  LET ME TAKE ONE.  And I took one and her makeup looks soooo much better in the picture I did versus the picture she took.

I think the key to good pictures is a clean background - brighter is better, as much light as you can possibly get, and a flash.

So how's 11 a.m. every day for you to come over and take my picture? I'll provide juice.

IMG_2905.JPG

Products 

ABH Dipbrow in Dark Brown

NYX Control Freak Brow Gel

NYX Skintone Shadow Base

Benefit Cream Shadow in No Pressure

Palladio Crushed Shadow in Stellar

Tarte Tartelette Tease palette

MJ Velvet Noir Mascara

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof concealer in Tan

Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop

Burberry Spring 2016 highlighter in Nude Gold

Stila Liquid Lipstick in Ricco

Cola Pop looks great! And I love the shimmery eye and dark-red lip as always.

Thanks TK!

testing