Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Those eyes....magical

I love the lip color on you, but what keeps getting my attention is your eyes. Sigh.

I will never wear black truffle but it's ok, since I enjoy it vicariously through you 😄 

Stunning! I join the Black-Truffle-on-you praise chorus.

Black Truffle looks awesome! I love how it pairs with pink champagne and balances with the femininity of that shade.

Black Truffle is amazing on you.

I love it! 💕

This is my look from last night. I had a really rough, busy evening.

Products:

Spoiler
- Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Primer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer in Fair
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Setting Powder
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Tarte Double Duty Beauty Eye and Cheek Palette in Classic Courage - all 5 shades
- Marc Jacobs Fineliner in Blacquer
- Tarte Double Duty Beauty Mascara - Lights Camera Lashes & Bottoms Up
- Urban Decay UDxGwen Lip Liner in Wonderland
- Urban Decay UDxGwen Lipstick in Wonderland

IMAG2083.jpg

My plans to record today have been foiled.

First and foremost, yesterday, halfway through the work day, I started getting a really bad eyelid reaction. Now, my patch test came back as allergic to nothing, but reactive to everything. Meaning, when the patches first came off, I was covered in hives, but when I came back two days later, I had no lasting irritation. Since this didn't start until I procured a position with my current employer, the theory is that it's something in the environment. The air is heavily recirculated, and all the labs in my sector are on the same circuit. So while people in my lab (A) are clean and courteous, we cannot control what happens in, say, lab M. In short: We don't know what's causing it and my allergies make absolutely 0 sense; even to the dermatologist.

I had decided that I would still record an introductory video... until I woke up with the worlds worst migraine. I'm jacked up on drugs right now so I'm feeling okay, but definitely not in a position to do any real recording (hence, rambling).

So, maybe I can float it tomorrow - at least, the introduction video. Otherwise, I'll have to put it off one more week. In the meantime, I'm going to try to get caught up on lipstick reviews as I have moments of clarity from my migraine, and some palettes whenever my boyfriend gets out of my office.

In other news, I am one lipstick short from having the whole Gwen collection now. I just need Plaid, which is perpetually sold out on the UD website (and it's a UD.com exclusive too.. ugh).

IMAG2076_1.jpg

So you were reactive to everything on an allergy test but not truly allergic? Did the negative control test positive? I ask because your hives issue sounds a lot like mine, and I have an autoimmune disease that presents with dermatographia. I "react" to almost everything, but it dissipates. Good luck figuring out what is triggering you! 

Oof, sounds like a rough time. I hope you feel better soon. That eye look is beautiful.

20160305_135726.jpg

20160305_135730.jpg

Spoiler
Wander Liquid Eyeshadow in Dove Gray - one layer
20160305_134654 (1).jpg

And built up:
20160305_134809.jpg

Super simple look since I'm just heading to a dog training class:

Wander Liquid Eyeshadow in Dove Gray

Lorac Nectar Eyeshadow in crease

Surratt Brow Pomade

KVD Tattoo Liner

BM Complexion Rescue

TF Blush in Peach Ombre

Maybelline the falsies push up drama 

And good old aquaphor on my lips because they're in rough shape!

Natural elegant beachy!

This is such a glowy, sun-kissed look 😍 it may sound weird but i love your steady gaze.

It's so funny you mentioned this - I had JUST taken off my glasses so everything was blurry which is why I look like that!

Ouhhhh, your lids look glossy!   So how did you fI d the wander liquid eyeshadow performed?  I was alright buying the lippy and foundation stick, but the price point on the eyeshadow is near that of the Armani eye tints.  For a mystery brand I was hesitant.  

It performed well, although I only had it on for a few hours because I went out tonight and re-did my makeup to something more dramatic.  It didn't crease on me which was impressive because my eyelids tend to get oily, or at least appear that way if I'm haphazard with my application of the BM Complexion Rescue.  I was hoping the color would be more interesting and that's a potential downside - the colors do seem pretty standard.  I ordered an Armani eye tint from Barney's and plan to get 2 more from Saks tomorrow, so I'll have a better comparison between the two in the next week or two.  

I was the exact opposite about purchasing - I was okay with $25 for the liquid eyeshadow but I was hesitant on spending $30 for the lipstick - how do you like it? Do you like the foundation stick?

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Cream
Clinique Airbrush Concealer
Chanel PowderBlush (Golden Sun)
Becca PP Highlighter (Opal)
Guerlain Meteorites (Holiday 2015)
Visart Eye Pallette (Paris Nudes)
Chanel Le Volume Mascara
Clinique Just Browsing Mousse (Black-Brown)
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick (Mademoiselle)

Very elegant! Mademoiselle suits you and your blue eyes really well.

Oh, your eyes look so blue with that shadow.

Thanks! Paris Nudes is new to me, and I'm still exploring it. I'll use the copper & gold ones again for sure. 

i'm having trouble getting a pic today

NARS velvet matte skin tint

NARS rc concealer

NARS contour blush, olympia

COLOURPOP highlight, smoke n whistles

NARS blush, impassioned

CLINIQUE just browsing brow mousse

NARS eyeshadow duo, brumes

NARS larger than life eyeliner, via venetto

GUERLAIN maxi lash mascara

BITE amuse bouche lipstick, sake