Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I actually liked mine but decided eventually that the color doesn't fit with my style as well as I thought it would. 

I thought it would have a slightly more purple hue to it, so yeah I can totally see your point! I got Piaf+Poe, too, and think it would be really good on you!

thatsactuallytheotheroneihadinmymind

My makeup was nothingspecial today, just a smoky purple eye. But I did want to share a few things

I've been using the Wet n Wild graphic marker eyeliner and it's fantastic. it really stayed on the inner corner of my eyes which i can't make that happen with my kvd ones! usually the moisture makes the line go away ater a while. IPt's veryupigmented and has the same effect as the KVD if not even darker, i think less glossier. Not hating on kvd bcuz i love the liner but yeah. it's easier to do a cat wing with it too.

Also. Today I used the new benefit primer the pore fessional matte rescue, now i'm one that is obsessed with all things matte on my face except when i'm in the mood for dewiness. But despite that all the primers i've tried work well the first few hours and then i get really oily around the nose and nose. so today i used the new benefit primer and i have to say my foundation is really  matte without touching up, i'm impressed. i'm glad i didn't go off on a stupid review someone made because "it balled up" i'll put that on the pet peeve page. that being said. 

Here's a picture of me today, i plan to do a look later on tonight cause i'm in the mood for it, but since the purple has been something i feel i've done recent, i didn't bother. Here's luna leaning in for a big kiss. 

12605397_583602738456266_5835918920935934353_o.jpg

I now will check out both products you mentioned haha! ❤️

I really recommend it, I mean it's stiff and thick (lol), BUT you can pull of a little wing with it and it's just perfect. I think evcen though i love kvd i might just stick with this one from now on? Also. super impressed with benefit, seriously at least go for a sample because maybe that woman had different skin but i have an oily t zone and my cheeks get weird too and man i looked good today! 

Products:

Spoiler
- Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Primer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Setting Powder
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Vice LTD Reloaded Palette - Acid Rain, Mildew, Misdemeanor, Anonymous
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eyeliner in Zero
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in tbt

IMAG1657.jpg

Could not take a picture I liked today (this will likely be the norm until I figure my s*** out), so my boyfriend, of course, picks my grumpmeister picture..

IMAG1688_1.jpg

GW - I really like this color combo on your eyes. You are making want to buy a green shadow!

Your eyes are gorgeous! I  love the way you blended your shadows- grey and light green are so good on your hazel eyes!!!

Thanks! Misdemeanor was a little more grey than I expected, because it looks like a blue-dominant teal in the pan.

Fun fact: I have central heterochromia blue-grey to green. I can change the outer iris color very easily with the shadows that I apply. As far as the DMV and legal documents are concerned, though, they're just a very deep blue. Because they don't know how to have fun. 😞

Omg those colors on your lid

😍

Thanks! I normally avoid green eyeshadow but this turned out much better than I expected.

Here's my look of the day, featuring the Lorac Mega Pro 2 shadows! Excuse the messy office in the background. I really need to clean up and organize my office!

fotd12016_1.jpg

Spoiler

Today I'm wearing (Complexion):

• bareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Opal
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (only thing on under eye circles- I'm experimenting with leaving off concealer)
  • NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer in Vanilla (only on blemishes)
  • Hourglass Diffused Light to set makeup
  • Hourglass Ethereal Glow blush
  • Aerin Pretty Bronze Illuminating Powder
  • RMS Beauty Living Luminizer

Today I'm wearing (eyes):

• NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base
  • I plucked my eyebrows really well today with my Anastasia Beverly Hills tweezers- I had been holding off, trying to let them grow back the past few years after over-plucking in high school and college, and was too afraid to touch them. I finally realize from FOTD pictures that I need to do a little grooming there, hahah!
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Soft Brown
  • Lorac Mega Pro 2 eye shadows
    • All over base: Bisque
    • Crease: equal mix of Tawny and Lavender
    • Inner corner: Sugar and Prosecco
    • Lid: Soft Plum
    • Center of Lid: Prosecco
    • Lower lash line: mix of Tawny and Lavender
    • Liner: Ash
    • Hightlight: (Non-Lorac MP2) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer
  • Tarte LCL mascara

Today I'm wearing (lips):

• Fresh Sugar Petal Tinted Treatment

You are absolutely glowing!! Which product do you think is contributing the most to that or do you think it's all of them together?

How do you like the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer? I've been looking at some of their products and that one caught my eye.

Oh, and I do like the Living Luminizer. It depends on how you like to highlight. I do small areas of my face, so it works well for me because I just warm up the product on my finger tip and then dot it gently on my skin.

If you tend to apply to larger areas, you might not like this because if you rub it on, it could mess with the makeup below it since it has coconut oil in it.

But I love it!

Thank you so much! I think there are 4 products contributing to the look of glow:

1. The main one is the foundation- Complexion Rescue is a very dewy one that lets the look of your skin shine through, and it doesn't require a lot of powder to set.

2. Hourglass Diffused light is what I set my makeup with, but I use a very small amount and kind of use the side of the powder brush and roll, instead of the top with a buffing motion.

3. I didn't use under eye concealer, I only used the Becca brightener which I think added a lot of glow to my face.

4. RMS Living Luminizer didn't add glow really, just a few spots that made the rest of my face look more glowy- for example, it's on the tip of my nose and on my cupid's bow.

Honestly, I also think the Aerin bronzer did a lot too- applied to my temples and below my cheekbones, it made the lighter parts of my face look that much glowier.

It's hard to explain, sorry! Haha!

And I thought I was dewy today! You're simply glowing from within!

Thank you so much, Melissa!

Gorgeous, love your necklace, your cute little wing, it's so tiny. :3 

Heh heh, thank you! The necklace I pretty much copied off of our resident model, gwenhwyfar !

I can only pull off 'kitten eyes' instead of 'cat eyes' haha, due to the way my eyes are downturned at the outer corners. I have grown fond of the tiny swishes.

Your skin is lu-min-ous!

testing