Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Hi TopazBeth.  You look stunning 🙂  I love the red lip.

Maybe I'm just being hormonal or overly sensitive but I feel like I need to get this off my chest......

I have body/beauty image issues and I've posted pictures here when I feel like my makeup has turned out perfect.  I eagerly look for positive feedback but have not received any replies.  I deleted my pictures from this thread because it's sad for me to see others getting kudos and myself nothing.  Like I said, maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I work hard on making myself look and feel better every single day.  Sometimes I feel like the girl back in high school that sits in the corner because she's not with the "in" crowd.  😞

Sorry you feel that way, I have posted sometimes with no comments either. I have been cut down once and was considering quitting. 

Hi AMK, please don't take this the wrong way but makeup is meant to be fun, and this board is meant to be for fun. People of all shapes, sizes, coloring, and nationalities post here. Hearts aren't equally given or distributed - this place is not supposed to serve the "everyone gets a medal" mentality, but it is just meant to be a place where people come to discuss makeup (and really, I assume, Sephora). I know that personally, this isn't a thread I really frequent too much, so it isn't a place where I give alot of hearts. But...come over to the Tom Ford thread and show me something pretty or tell me where I can find a review or purchase something (ie: a helpful comment) you'll find me hearting about 95% of the posts regardless of who they are or what they look like. 

If BT is making you feel negative thoughts about yourself and/or your appearance, maybe you should seek out other avenues on how to validate and love yourself.

I'm sorry that this thread is making you feel that way, AMK721.

I think a lot of people have given you great feedback already, but I'll add my 2 cents as well.

Personally, I have less time to devote to BT in general lately, and I've actually stopped popping into this thread because it takes a lot of time to 'lurk' here.  i.e. if I want to sit and appreciate everyone's makeup looks and post comments, I could be in here for an hour or more.  When in a time crunch, I prefer to skim a bunch of other threads than get sucked into this one.  If I see or read something I like or agree with, I will heart it.  That doesn't mean that the things I don't heart are bad, just that they didn't personally 'move' me in some way.

The # of hearts you receive is in no way a reflection of how beautiful you are (inside or out), and I hope you will realize that.  I'm sure you are; so don't let the opinions of a bunch of random people on the internet make you feel any different. 

Since I took over the Color Challenge I worry about this. I'm on week three of crazy busy and high stress with little to no sleep thanks to work. I try my best to heart and comment on every photo AND reply to comments left to me but they still slip through the cracks. While I look at every post sometimes I forget to heart or words just don't come right then, and I hate giving generic compliments.

So, that's the other side of this lol and I can't be the only one who has trouble keeping up sometimes! I hope. lol.

I've felt the same way at times and I think it's because so many of us post in this thread. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me I usually check BT on my lunch break and after work. I only have so much time so I only look through the first 2 pages. So if your post isn't on the first 2 pages, I probably won't see it. I would love to be able to scroll through all of them, but I just don't have enough time.

With that said, the Weekly Color Challenge thread is a little less crowded since there is a specific color for each week. I would try posting there 🙂

I feel bad if I've overlooked your posts here! I only recall seeing them in the Color Challenge. I hope the general message that's coming out because of this post, though, is that no one wants to intentionally exclude others, and we all feel bad if someone feels they have been. I say this not even having been around BT long -- just since summer!

Hi AMK721, please don't feel bad. You are a beauty so dont let anything make you feel otherwise. I'm sorry you feel this way. I wish I could give a million hearts and a million positive comments. 

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

Thank you, I'm feeling much better.  It's been a tough week. Ugh menopause!

I'm sorry AMK721. I don't always have a lot of time to comment, and when I do, I don't necessarily say too much. But I make every effort to heart pictures. I remember your name and and I remember the photo you posted. I thought you had lovely hair and kind eyes and a very sweet smile. Try not to take it personally. People here are generally very nice. And in all sincerity, welcome to BT.

Thank you jozkid.  You are sweetheart. I was overly sensitive.  Things are better now.

I just checked out the selfie that's in your photo album. You look lovely there. You have a very pretty face, a charming smile, and beautiful hair.

I agree & I actually remember hearting that picture back when it was posted 😉

Thank you for you kind words.  I appreciate it.

I'm so sorry you feel that way, AMK. I don't remember seeing any of your photos. 😞 I try to comment on or at least give a heart to everyone who posts here. For whatever it's worth, I just checked out the few photos you have and the one selfie remaining is absolutely beautiful.

Thank you.  I really appreciate everyone's comments.  I've been having an off week and feeling more self conscious than normal.  My emotions are getting the better of me. 

Thanks everyone!

We all have those days. *hugs*

I'd encourage you not to stake everything on this particular thread. Personally, I've found BT to be the kindest, most inclusive, least "cool girl"-ish corner of the internet, and I hope if you stay involved here you'll start to feel more and more like part of the community. 🙂

That feeling really sucks. I'm sorry that you're going through it now. 

I don't recall seeing any of your posts, but if I comment on one person then I try to comment on all who have recently posted because I don't want to make anyone feel left out.  Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

Maybe you just posted at an off time, and people missed your posts.

I've felt like that many times and even though I get positive feedback on most, it's not all the time I get any feedback at all but I remind myself and hope you will too that that could be because people are busy and comment on the first picture they see and then go off to do other stuff. And it could also be because people are forgetful, I myself tend to heart a picture and then I go do other things and forget to comment. 

When I was in high school, I was that girl with the "best friend" who found out she wasn't really a friend at all and would talk about how ugly I was and how I was too 'fat', even though I was just well built for sports. I remember how when I told my 'friends' how I liked this boy, they set him up with one of their 'better' friends because compared to me, she looked like an angel. So I'm just telling you this that I myself have self esteem/body/ beauty image issues and I use makeup as a way to make myself feel better. That being said, you keep putting on your makeup and I don't want you to feel the need to receive a comment to validate your beauty because you are beautiful, amk. I'm sorry that you feel this way but I want you to know that you're not the only one that's felt this way as well, we just have to learn to not depend our mood on someone's comment..

I hope you're receiving this comment as positive as I'm trying to put it. I'll try my best to comment, and now that I have more free time I'm sure I will. Please keep posting! 

Thank you Blackwhiskey!  You are so sweet.  ❤️  I wish I could give you 100 hearts just for this comment. 🙂

testing