Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Yes! It's massive and goes down to my knees. I am become Sweater Queen. 

Woke up this morning with breakouts like I haven't had since middle school and I have no idea what's causing them. Anyone have a solid go-to remedy?

IMG_3282.JPG

Spoiler
FACE
Too Cool for School Dinoplatz CC Cream
Benefit High Beam
Becca pressed SSP in Rose Gold
Hourglass Dim Light

EYES
ABH Brow Wiz in Ebony
Elizabeth Mott brow gel in Deep Brown
UD Naked 3 palette
KVD Tattoo Liner
Lancome Cils Booster
Lancome Drama Hypnose

LIPS
YSL Rouge Vermillion

keep your skin hydrated. do you have a facial oil you like ? apply directly to spots. when you feel the oil has soaked in, apply more. until you go to bed. 

(but i don't see any breakouts, you look beautiful !)

I haven't been in the habit of using oils, but I do have some Josie Maran samples I've never used yet. I'll see if those can do anything for me!

(Concealer is a wonderful thing 😉 But thank you!)

I love your new haircut! I could never pull off a cut that short. And the color. You said you were unsure about the added red but I love it (and am totally not red biased or anything...)

Is your skin just not liking the changes in the weather? I like to use the mario bedescu drying cream on hormonal bumps that pop up. It works pretty well. They go away before they ever become a real pimple. 

Oh gosh, I'm glad you like the color but let me tell you about it. I added red on Friday, thought it was WAY too red so added some extra brunette on Saturday, decided yesterday I just wasn't feeling it at all so used a color remover and re-dyed last night, and now it's more of a warm golden brown, which is okay, but I miss my cooler almost-black. Another round of dye is in my future, but my poor hair needs a break haha.

I'm in Southern California and our weather doesn't change much, so I would be surprised if that's the issue. I'm sure some product is to blame, but I've been circulating through so many samples I have no clue which one!

Huh, I still see some red in the tips but my color perception is actually pretty poor. That sounds like quite the ordeal. I can't imagine doing it that many times with all my hair. 

Both the warm and cool tones seem flattering with your skin. How long are you going to let your hair rest before coloring again?

You're not wrong -- it's still more red than I would like, but much less so than before. 🙂 I couldn't imagine recoloring even once with all your hair! I've definitely been glad mine is so short right now. Applying the dye takes all of three minutes.

As far as how long I'll let it rest... until my patience runs out, probably, haha. 

2-3 nights in a row using the Tony Moly tea tree sheet masks and mine are usually gone. It seems to have enough tea tree to be effective but not so much tea tree that my sensitive skin disagrees with it, unlike other masks. 

I don't have any Tony Moly masks yet and this seems like an excellent excuse to do something about that. Thank you!

Always happy to talk someone into sheet masks! lol

FullSizeRender.jpg

Trying out a couple new things today. Face is my normal stuff, blush is MAC Autoerotique, lips are KVD Chula. The new stuff is Blinc Brow Mousse in Dark Brown and Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara. I was hoping the Blinc stuff would give me Shannon's brows (or at least something more natural looking) but clearly I was mistaken haha. Still waiting for Boy Brow to come back in stock...

You're so glam. I will let you know once my Brow Exchange Program is up and running. Because I would love to have your perfect brows for even a day haha

I'd happily trade for a day!

Chula is utterly to die for on you!

And for the life of me I'll never understand why you don't think your brows are perfection. I envy them every single day.

Thank you! On the contrary Beth! I think they're too perfect (not saying that in a conceited way!) and it bugs me a little haha. I think I've mentioned this to jemly somewhere before, but I seem to be incapable of looking natural/slightly grungy, which is a shame because I love the look. I do like having my sleek brows but I almost want them to be wild!

Let's trade. 😉

I love seeing the Ziggys. You wouldn't believe how many people texted me or posted on fb/instagram messages like, "I'm so sorry," or "I hope you're doing alright," as if someone personally close to me had passed. So I wasn't in any mood all day yesterday to do my makeup.

I got this tattoo back in August because of what Bowie meant to me; it's something I wanted to do for over a year.

ziggz.JPG

Anonymous Insider

This is amazing! Love the detail! 🙂

so fantastically done ! instantly recognizable yet also unique. i hope it brings you comfort.

Been awhile since I did a full list....KVD liquid foundation, Becca Honey blush, KVD Shady Business contour, theBalm Mary-Lou highlighter, Hourglass Etherreal setting powder, UD Vice 4 eyeshadows, KVD Trooper ink liner, KVD Proud Peacock autograph liner, NYX Milk, YSL Babydoll Mascara, Anastasia dipbrow, Sephora clear lipliner, Nars Audacious Anna lipstick, UD setting spray

image.jpeg

testing