Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I've got a Stila one! I think it's just about practice for me. I'm so scared it will look stupid or be uneven on me.

It probably will at first, but you'll get the hang of it! I've found it very helpful to look up tutorials on Youtube for applying liner and shadow for my eye shape specifically, because technique makes a difference too.

Can you tell which shape my eyes are? I know this is crazy but I can't figure it out. Hahahahaha.

I would say almond, and you definitely have hooded lids, which can be tricky to work with (I know this all too well!), but once you get the hang of it it's amazing the difference makeup can make!

A friend of mine has eyes that are very similar to yours. She's a beauty magazine editor and also has been working on a blog with tutorials on the side that you might be interested in checking out -- thebrowdown.com 🙂

Practice, practice, practice! And the right liner helps, too. Let me know if you want recommendations. 🙂

Oh wow, what a lovely look! Perfect cat eye and I want your eyebrows.

MY BROWS THANK YOU BETH! My real eyebrows are blondish with like 3 hairs in the tails (thanks genetics), so I guess the brow mousse + pencil really are doing their jobs!

Seriously?? I have the exact same problem (I'm naturally blonde) and while I'm mostly happy with how I can make them over these days, yours are ON POINT. I need to try the products you're using.

I would not tell a lie in BT XD

ABH's Brow Wiz in Ebony is actually my preferred pencil (just bc of the color-- it's a bit darker/more neutral than the Tarte one).  If you are as cool toned as my monitor makes you look, you might want to try out Granite instead.  Hope this helps! 

I've mostly been hanging out in the Color Challenge, but I thought I'd pop in to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

0701161image.jpeg

Stuff I'm wearing today:

Spoiler
ABH Dipbrow Ebony
NARS Caucase Brow Perfector
BECCA Undereye Brightening Corrector
Sephora Bright Future Concealer
TF Crushed Amethyst, Burnished Amber
HG Mood Exposure, Iridescent Strobe powders
NARS Anna, Dominique, Liv; ombre'd

Mocha, you were so purply and lovely!! I love that ix of lip colour!

Thank you K617!

Love it! That shade of eyeshadow on you is outstanding!

Thanks reginamcg!

I was just thinking it had been awhile since your lovely face had popped up in this thread. Looooove everything about this look! Looks like you sprang for the HG Ambient Lighting Edit? Is it worth it?

Awwww, thanks Topaz!

The Edit... so... I got mine using the $50 epic rewards credit, so paying $40ish CDN for it, I would say it was worth it.  I would not have bought it at $95CDN.  

I did not have any HG powders before this, so it was a good way to try a bunch out.  My favorite one is the palette exclusive pink in the middle on the right, but apparently it's being released (tomorrow, I think?) individually now, with some other 'strobing' ones, so... I'd say if you were curious to try HG, you're better off getting the 3 pan palette, or the little mini Dim Light they sell.

I have the original ALP and the Dim Light mini and I love them, so I was really curious when the Edit came out. The ALP was already a splurge, though, so the extra $30 made me super wary. Sounds like getting it with rewards was the right way to go!

I'm really excited about the strobe powders. I'll be getting Incandescent for sure since it's what I use the most from the ALP. Is the pink one Iridescent? That's the other one I've been curious about! If so, would you mind swatching?

Yes, the pink one is definitely the Iridescent Strobe.  I think I have a swatch photo in my album - I'll PM it to you 😉

You're the best!

I'm getting pretty fed up with my camera phone. I'm not sure why photos always come out so blurry?

Wearing the usual stuff, blush is from the Smashbox Art Love Color palette, and lips are Colourpop Tulle. I really love this colour...I'm tolerating liquid lippies better than regular ones so I've been going through and wearing my liquid lippie stash.

For mascara, I'm trying out Etude House's 3-step perm mascara, with a layer of Eyeko Black Magic mascara on top (to prevent smudging). Unfortunately, I'm just not getting the amazing results that some people on BT are getting with the Etude House!

IMG_7728.JPG

The lip color is gorgeous on you!

testing