Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Aw, you get big hugs for making me smile with your smile:). 

love seeing your face! ♥

And likewise! 😉

More fun with Viseart Dark mattes yesterday.

Spoiler
Face: Hourglass immaculate foundation, Becca under eye corrector, random concealer, Ethereal light and Tom Ford Mood light, Nars Olympia contour, Radiant Magenta blush, Nars Copacabana 
Eyes: Nars eye paint Tartar, Viseart Dark mattes (purple and blue shades) Viseart Paris nude. Dior show over-curl mascara. 
Lips: Started as Rituel de Fille Abyss, then added Bite High pigment pencil in Violet 

abyss.jpgabyssviolet.jpg 

Those lip colors! So beautiful.

If I ever get written up at work it will be for inappropriate lip color 🙂

Details from Weekly Color Challenge:

CoverFX Illuminating Primer

Missha Magic Cushion Foundation in No. 21 (light beige)

Stila Stay-All-Day concealer in Light 03

Hourglass Diffused Light

Burberry Earthy blush

NARS Seduction 

Becca Champagne Pop

Becca Undereye Brightener

KVD Saint palette - Enjoy the Silence

Lorac Love, Lust, & Lace palette - white & medium brown shades

Too Faced Natural Mattes palette - Nudie

UD Naked Basics eyeliner in Crave, Venus

Sephora Full Action mascara in black

ABH Brow Powder in Medium Brown

NARS Audacious Charlotte

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

I got the Missha cushion foundation on sale for about $14, and WOW I am so impressed! The Amore Pacific cushion I've tried was extremely sheer, but this one is medium coverage right out of the gate. I only needed the concealer on a few areas of serious redness. Very natural finish too. Highly recommend!

Different eye look than your usual and I love it!

Anonymous Insider

You look just so pretty to the point I can't even. 

Plus, I just love your hair color. That's exactly what I dream of. This would be the color I'd get done once I arrive @ Korea or Japan. 

Love the combo of the gorgeous eye look with the red lip

I wore BITE LLLR '005' today for an afternoon shopping trip, but forgot to take a photo. I'll have to wear it again soon!

Products:

Spoiler
- Smashbox CC Cream in Fair
- Smashbox Halo Perfecting Powder in Fair
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeliner Pencil in Charcoal
- Tarte Tartist Lip Primer
- Tarte Coconut OIl Lipstick in Primrose
- Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara

IMAG1418.jpg

My eyeliner was refusing to agree with me today. Everything has been really blah today so I'm just phoning it in. I don't have to interact with outside people today so whatever. "Good enough." My guess is that my lack of energy to deal with things is from all the garbage I've eaten this weekend.

In any case. The Tarteist primer. It smells very fruity, delicious even, and tastes like nothing. It's smoothing. This has improved the running problem with the coconut oil lipstick and made it semi-matte at application.  It was harder to control, in the sense that the pigment latches on to the primer. It did not enhance wear time in this experience. I'm getting the same four hours I had without it. But there was significantly less bleeding.

All in all, I would probably call this whole set a "pass'. Tarte could have done much better. The gimmick of the coconut oil is probably great for winter in the midwest, but it's not really necessary in the humid PNW winter. The primer did kind of give a drying feeling which could agitate those with already dry lips. 

The lipstick could be good on it's own with a lip brush or could be a great way to get super hydrating, rich pigment if you have perpetually dry lips. But otherwise, you don't need this. It's not worth the hassel, even though it is quite cheap.

Your skin is flawless!

Thanks!

Full disclosure: My camera is lying to do.

Anonymous Insider

Red looks great on you! but lip primer+lipstick doesn't make a lot of sense to me when so many lipsticks rarely bleed or smudge!

It depends on the product. Some, like the new Smashbox Transformer lip primer changes the finish of any lipstick into a matte. Too Faced has one that plumps the lips, and another still that transforms finishes into gloss. It can sometimes be helpful with the very creamy lipstick. I was hoping it would help increase the wear time and lessen the gooey-mess effect that Tartes Coconut OIl lipstick has. It only delivered on the latter, but it also helped prevent transfer. I still had some transfer to my straw, but it was significantly less than it would without it.

And, for some people it can mean the difference between a damaging matte finish and a tolerable one. When I lived in Chicago I had to use a hydrating lip primer in order to wear anything in the winter.

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, but I recently was amazed by Tom Ford lipsticks because of virtually 0 bleeding and 0 transfer once it dries!!

My lips are excruciatingly dry, so I always need to prep my lips prior to any lipstick application (usually done with Amore Pacific lip balm, I find it better than "hydrating/moisturizing/nourishing" lip primers I've used). 

That Smashbox transformer primer sounds interesting! I might do some research on that. 

I have been avoiding Tom Ford until I know more about their animal testing status. They're owned by Estee Lauder, who does test on animals. Granted, Smashbox is as well and therefore cannot be PETA certified (neither is UD, because they're owned by L'Oreal), but Paula's Choice finds no evidence that they are conducting tests or selling in mainland China.This essentially makes Smashbox like Urban Decay in that they are still separate entities from their parent company. Tom Ford is listed as "Unknown" currently on the Beautypedia, so I'm waiting for more information.

I want to clarify that this is a personal choice and I don't feel that anyone who purchases these products is a lesser person. It's just what feels best to me.

AmorePacifics lip balm did not work for me, though most of their other products are killer. I generally do not need primer, though in some cases it can extend the wear - as the BITE primer does with the Berries collection (I did not experience a change with the normal Luminous Creme line). Where I live the winters are humid, the summers are dry(er), and the weather is all-around mild and tame, so I'm not exposed to harsh elements (outside of my lab being dry, cold, and complete with it's own dust ecosystem). Lip primer and treatment isn't a must, though I do use the Agave lip mask periodically.

Anonymous Insider

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm not against animal testing as long as they have ethic guideline...as I don't really think in vitro testing is equivalent to in vivo. 

That's interesting! I'm not amazed by their other products (except the most expensive line that my mom used) except the lip balm! 

Spoiler
In vitro should not disqualify them from PETA, as cultures do not have the sentience levels that in vivo subjects have, but I digress. In vivo is illegal in the EU now as far as product testing goes. The US takes no stance. China tests all imports, bu the information on the type of tests is minimal. The EU is pressuring them pretty heavily at this time.

It's a complex, complicated issue with no solid black and white answers.

Yeah, their MoistureBound eye cream has been fantastic for me. I also have their MoistureBound mist, Enzyme Peel, and MoistureBound sleeping mask for post-sick use.

Yesterday was my birthday (the big 3-0) so my friends and I decided to get glam and hit the town 🙂

031 - Version 2.jpg

Spoiler

face:

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

Giorgio Armani Master Corrector - orange

Kat Von D Lock-It foundation - M62

NARS Radiant Cream Concealer for under eye highlight - ginger

Sephora Collection Bright Set Loose Powder to set under eye

NARS blush - orgasm

Becca SSPP - champagne pop

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

eyes:

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow - chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel

Urban Decay Primer Potion - original

Urban Decay shadow - fix (transition)

MAC shadow - carbon (crease and outer v)

Lit Cosmetics Summer Sparkle Kit - hello sunshine (all over lid)

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - trooper

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - matte black

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara

MAC lashes - #34

lips:

Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain - always red
2 Replies
testing