Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I really love this eyeshadow on you!

Products:

Spoiler
1) Smashbox More Than Primer Face Primer
2) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
3) Tarte Waterproof Concealer in Fair
4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair
5) Too Faced Shadow Insurance
6) Tarte Greatest Glitz Palette Collection - Rose - Joy to the Pearl, Blush Stilettos, Glitzy Blitzen, Sparkling Punch, Rose Such A Clutter, Evening Affair
7) NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Black
😎 Urban Decay Subversion Primer
9) Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
10) Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Punch
11) Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black

IMAG1083.jpg

Punch from the Tarte holiday lipstick quad. A soft, almost berry-toned pink.

Your eyes are so dreamy and beautiful looking with these colors.

Your hair looks so awesome right now!  How are you finding the quality of the Tarte holiday set?  You're pretty much the tarte guru around here.  

Which one? I have all the things.. well, except for the Sephora lipsurgence set of.. five, I think, and the brush set because meh.

I mean, as a whole, I'm not seeing too many duped colors throughout the set, but many are ones that if I dug around long enough in my collection I could probably find similar shades. But, that's tarte. Universally flattering, natural shades. When you buy a Tarte product, you're generally very aware with what you're getting.

THAT SAID

As a whole, the collection has been more pigmented, a bit more blendable/buildable, and includes more "fun" shades. I love the rose palette in the greatest glitz collection because I'm a sucker for red-toned eyeshadow. And there is at least one per set.

Individually:

Light Up The Party (Sephora)

There is an extremely broad array of shadow in this palette. Granted, they are smaller than last years.. or even the other holiday sets. They're small by Tarte standards, but getting pot refills from them isn't like pulling teeth. They're pretty rad about that, historically. The highlighter is fantastic, and I don't even like using face powders. I've always been a fan of their brushes and the one that is included, though small, is incredibly soft and right on par with full-sized brushes.

The biggest issue I have with this set is that, aside from the pre-fixed portable palette (with the highlighter), the shadows are fixed into the sequin case. It's bulky, and gross, and I'm considering buying the MUFE magnetic palette and depotting the bottom portion. I won't, because lazy. But **bleep**, that case is space consuming.

Home for the Holidaze (Tarte, Macys)

This is basically Away Oui Go, but better. Not a single palette looks the same (in person, it did in the promotional photos). The colors are much more distinguishable, and I like the layout a little better because kicking up glitter into a matte blush or vice versa is really, really annoying and I do it less with the new orientation. The blushes are a bit more vibrant. These are the same size as the Away Oui Go palettes, as well, so you're getting the same amount of product.

Greatest Glitz (Ulta)

This. This has been the best so far. There are three thin palettes inside of it, each with a different color (interesting side note, the mini lip quad available on Sephora is color-coded to these palettes to be flattering with those shadows; two rose, one grey, one gold). The color of the outer palette is actually pretty indicative of the colors inside. The gold palette has metallic nude shades, gold, bronze, etc. The rose palette has pinks, reds, and purples. The grey palette is.. well, very grey. These shadows are on par with last years holiday pot size.

In all the shadows, I have experienced no fallout, even from the chunkier glitter shades.

I haven't gotten to my Dressed to the Nines giant lipsurgence collection from Ulta/Tarte. At some point, I will get there, but I want to do it after I do my holiday mini lippie tarte collections from last year. For science.

The Amazonian Butter quad is.. meh. These lippies are okay, but they don't really last. Tarte's lipstick is more like a balm in feel. I won't say they transfer easy, but they do come off quickly. They're incredibly hydrating, though, which is probably why they feel so slippery (like the Fresh lippies). Two of the colors were kind of a miss for me. But I like Punch, and I'm looking forward to Sangria.

Haha, oh wow, you bought literally everything!   Thanks for the very thourough review of everything!  

Almost. I passed over the QVC exclusive Gift of Giving. It's all pretty meh. The colors are easily duped in the other three collections, the lippies I already have, and it's nothing my family would be particularly interested in.

I was very cautious about these purchases, and made sure they weren't dupes. I actually went into it thinking I'd have to return one of them (the Sephora exclusive), but, as it turns out, it's distinct enough from everything else I have that I can justify keeping it.

If I had to pick just one, though, I'd go with Greatest Glitz.

IMG_7797.JPG

IMG_7799.JPG

Products Used

Spoiler
Spoiler

Face: Clinique Even Better Makeup, Laura Geller Balance N Brighten, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Power in Dim Light, Nars Almeria Blush, Becca Opal, Model Co bronzer

Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse, Creep) UD Maui Wowie, Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick in 24 Karat, Stila Huge Extreme Lash mascara

Brows: ELF Pebble

Lips: Colourpop Sweet-Thing

Love the eye shadow, especially the gold 🙂

Thank you Nicky! 🙂

Like hearts said, you look fab-o in those shimmers!

Thank you Joz! 🙂

Your skin... your hair... your eyes!    Beautiful!    I'm really loving those shimmery wet looking lids!  

Thank you Hearts! I just love my shimmers! haha

Beautiful eyes. 

Thank you! 🙂

Another better lip day... my lips went dry the day after I wore lipstick for Canadian Thanksgiving dinner, and now after a few days it's back to being NOT dry and scaly. Temperamental.

I also trimmed my bangs so I look like I have brows again!

Besides my usual face makeup:

- KIKO Color Fever eyeshadow quad #101 Coral Burgundy

- NARS Audacious Mascara (like. 3.5/5) + Le Volume de Chanel Mascara on top

- Blush and highlighter from Smashbox Art Love Color palette

- CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss balm in Ruby Twist (the only colored lip product I keep in my purse that's not a gloss) to test the waters and see if my lips will accept them, worn over MAC Prep + Prime as suggested by malday ❤️

I'm reeeally itching to wear some dark berries. I just don't know if my lips will reject lipstick and go nuts again. Maybe tomorrow?

IMG_6960.JPG

Be gentle with your beautiful lips. 😉

I'm trying! I'm stopping whenever I feel a tingle. I'm wearing a gloss today and they seem to be taking it well 🙂

I've missed your gorgeous face! And lipstick. (;

Missed you guys too grahamcrackers!

testing