Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

"Soft" looks great on you!

Tried on my costume with full makeup today will need to punch up the lip.

dryad10.jpgdryad2.jpg 

I clicked on your thumbnail cause I just knew this was going to be awesome!  Not disappointed!  You look fantastic!  Because I love glitter, I think some silver glitter coming out from your browbone just above that green would really add some magic to the look.   

Thanks! The brow bone could use some glitter I was leaning towards a pale gold.  I think I have a glitter bomb NARS multiple that may have a reason to see the light of day.

WHOA. Awesome!

Very sexy!  Heart!

Wow, I LOVE it! 🙂

Wow! I'm in awe. This is amazing and beautiful! You need a shiny blood red lip to match the roses!

I turned the grump all the way up to 11 with this Sundays Experimental Disaster.. Which is a new thing I'm doing where I go 100% out of my comfort zone.

This is terrible, unflattering, and I hate it. And that's ok.

Before I post the products and the image in a spoiler tag, first, the story. 

I got the KVD Lip set. In that lip set is. NaYEON - a black-based lippie with tones of silver sparkle, making it look gunmetal. I NEVER wear black lipstick My boyfriend, being the black metal enthusiast he is, suggested I do a look based around corpse paint. I do not know where my creamy products meant for such use ran off to at this point, so I did something a bit more.. I don't know what the word is. But to do a black lip, and heavy black eyeshadow, I am of the opion that you need to be of a particular facial structer and proportion to wear it well... I am not one of those people.

Add that Sundays is also typically my "minimal" make-up day, so my skin can breathe, and all that fun stuff... Just trust me, it's bad.

Spoiler
1) Tarte BB Tinted Primer in Fair
2) Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fair
3) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Engima
4) Urban Decay Perversion Gel Liner
5) Tarte LIght Up The Party Palette - Midnight Kiss, Sugar Cookie, Black Velvet
6) Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Mascara
7) BITE Beauty Line & Define Lip PRimer
😎 Kat von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in NaYEON.

IMAG1004.jpg

I actually really love the dark eyes!

Funny enough I wore Nayeon yesterday as well. Didn't get a pic though.

I think it's great that you're experimenting outside your comfort zone! And I don't think anything is poorly applied or anything. I know what you're getting at with the facial structure of both eyes and lips being dark. I think there's always a way one can pull it off, regardless, it's just finding that application/look that works best. 🙂

Playing is good - and I think it's very striking!

but mind sets and comfort zones are powerful things - takes time to rewire them for sure 😄

i wore red lipstick just bumming around the house all afternoon yesterday.... By the time we went out to dinner, I started to like it and not notice how bold it was in the mirror 

Yay!  You wore the same colour as me!!!!  How cool is that?!!!   Liostick twins with the most unusual lipstick colour!  

The he grump face with the gunmetal lips makes you look quite beautifully menacing.  

I agree with Gwen. Out of your comfort zone and not to your taste, but there's nothing here applied "badly." Makeup should be fun, and I hope you had fun.

I've always felt black shadow was one of the hardest shades to work with. If I knew where my body paints were, it may have felt easier and less sloppy. I will say that it was fun trying to figure out the shades without the paints, for sure. If I were more confident in my ability to control the black shadow, I probably would have gone for the all-out corpsey look.

The longer I have it on, the less I dislike seeing it on myself. 

Perhaps you don't like it, but I think you look wonderful! It's very striking with your fair complexion.

It's a look I enjoy seeing on people with larger eyes, that aren't as deep-set as mine. I do kind of like the black lippie on me, though. I always felt it looked better on thinner lips than full, luscious ones.

I tend to think like a business gal and asses products based off of whether or not they could be work appropriate. I think the more I force myself out of that mind set, the less critical I'll be.

Your eyes and lips look incredible. I'm just going to keep saying that. But I do understand that we all have preferences for our own faces. I agree that you probably should not be wearing this in a professional work setting, but it's beautiful for a casual or dressed up look. 🙂

Nars Stud eye shadow, Dragon girl matte lip pencil (from the abnormal female bullet) and Despair cheek palette. Still playing with my new toys.

dragon.jpg

Dragon Girl is so pretty on you, and I'm so looking forward to that blush palette.

The blush palette is beautiful!

4 Replies
testing