Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

No, I hadn't gotten them yet at that point.. But I did get them in the mail today! 😄

Beautiful, love your lips and eyes.  The blue in your hair is cute. 

Occasionally I have more fun with my work makeup than I should

petter stone ysl.jpg

somebodies got to entertain  preschoolers

Spoiler
petter.jpg

Awww! Cutest bunny ever!

Aww Thanks guys!

Anonymous Insider

This is so fun!

Aww this is so cute! I love seeing this added to this thread 🙂 

Ha! So fun!

IMG_5774.jpg

FACE

Glossier Skin Tint

Burberry blush in Light Glow

And because I didn't feel the Light Glow gave enough color (I usually only wear it as a subtle bronzer/highlighter), I popped on Nars Roman Holiday

Kevyn Aucoin highlighter in Candlelight

EYES

A bunch of light, shimmery shadows from the Eye Shadow x 15 Warm Neutral palette

LIPS

Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Amazing Grace

If I look tired, it's because I am! I went on a dinner cruise with my whole extended family for my grandma's 90th birthday/grandparent's 65th anniversary last night, and I'm exhausted. 😉

Anonymous Insider

Amazing grace is beautiful on you. How are you liking matte revolution? Lost cherry is now on my radar.

I also own Lost Cherry (swatches in the CT thread) and I'm really liking them all so far. The marketing is this whole "lit from within" thing that sounds like a ploy, but I can actually see it. The ones I have are matte (I believe others have said some of the colors are more creamy) but they go on a bit sheer. These aren't like Nars, where one swipe covers you. I probably wore at least three layers in this picture. But if you only put on one or two layers, you get a very lived in, just bitten, fruit punch stain that can look nice. They're soft and comfortable on my lips and they wear away pretty naturally. The one thing is, I rarely wear a lipliner, and then only with really dark colors. However, I might start wearing a rose colored one with these to boost and keep the color a bit more.

Anonymous Insider

This is a beautiful color. I get what you say "lived in". It's not bam in your face in color or appearance. Just naturally pretty. I'm sold on amazing grace. Now patience and wait for a sale. Ha. I really love what I've seen of lost cherry and also sienna but the swatches of sienna look so different. 

Beautylish also sells CT and it miiiiiiight have sales/discount for first purchase. I've only bought a few things through it and I can't remember.

Amazing Grace!! This is so nice on you. I love seeing you in darker shades of lipstick, but this one is just so darn pretty. 

I'm glad there's been a bit of summery weather holdover (although I do love fall) so I can wear these more gentle colors.

How do you like the glossier skin tint ? I of course can look into myself, but I'll ask you too -- what is their combo selection like ?

Behold my crazy Glossier love-rant (dear Emily Weiss, please pay me):

I absolutely love it. I've been wearing it for almost a year, and it took some getting used to (I weaned myself from full foundation to BB cream to the skin tint). It's very watery and has both a lighter consistency and lighter coverage than a BB cream, and doesn't have any of the additional benefits BB does (SPF, etc.). It comes in a squeeze tube and I squeeze out about five drops for each side of my face, and it has a very light coverage—you can still see my redness and dark circles, although it tones them down a bit. Now when I wear BB or foundation, it feels so heavy.

I wear the skin tint in light. When I first bought it, there were only three shades (light, medium, dark), which I thought was BS considering the brand marketed itself as very inclusive. It's since added two more darker shades. I went to a party for the launch of the line and they had all three shades out to try. I already owned the light, but wasn't sure if I should have gone for the medium instead. For kicks, I tried the medium and dark. The medium appeared to blend into my skin just fine and the dark was just a touch too dark, like I was one foundation shade off. The formula is so light that I think it would be hard to get the wrong color, as long as the palest person isn't using the deep shade.

I just checked the site, and there's free exchanges and free returns (minus shipping fee), and I think its social team is good about answering questions.

Thank you for this review!  I know it was for jemly but I love itg so much and it's great to get a non sponsored review on the product!

You're welcome! Mini reviews of the other products, since the line's so small:

Rose spray: Meh. Disclaimer, I don't like rose scent or face mists.

Balm dot com: I use it on my lips at night. It's nice, but any ol' Vaseline or similar thick balm is just as good.

Primer/moisturizer: Love it, will repurchase (making myself use other stuff up first). It sinks into my skin so well. Only downside is there's nothing fancy in it (SPF, etc.).

The two masks: Very gentle and nice. I like the detox one because it doesn't feel like I'm stripping my already damaged skin. The moisturizing one seems calming, but if you were to only pick one, choose the detox.

Gold/silver liquid eyeliners from last year's holiday collection: LE product, but who knows if they'll re-release this year or something. They're OK, but just get an UD one or something instead.

I apologize for posting this here but i need help!! 
I used to be on BT all the time, gone for a little, and now I can't figure out where my posts are going!!! They used to pop to the top of the thread for a specific 'area'... like this morning i posted in face make up and i made sure of that, went to look for my post and now i cant find it. Do they go to like the end of the page now or something? All you regulars please fill me in 🙂 

if you click on your profile, and scroll down slightly to where it says "my activity", it will show chronologically where you've posted. if you don't see the post you're looking for there, then it didn't publish for whatever reason. hope this helps !

testing