Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

How does the CG lipstick wear? It looks delish!!

I have a few of these as well, though not the purple, and I would say liner/primer is pretty important, for comfort if nothing else. These aren't just metallic, they're glittery, and while that may not he obvious visually you sure can feel it on the lips (or at least I can). Putting a layer underneath it helps with the grit, especially with the lighter shades where you need a few passes to build opacity.

I haven't tried most of the shades on my lips yet, good to know about the glitter. I don't find the purple one too glittery or gritty though 🙂 Nude doesn't seem to have a grit problem either, it's just slightly drying if you layer it on too much

It's good for a drugstore lipstick. The lipstick has a bit more gloss/slip than I prefer but I just applied, blotted and layered. It lasted all night on me and didn't smudge, just faded a little after a couple of drinks. Overall I'd say it's pretty decent! I'm wearing Nude today and it seems to be lasting pretty well.

*Disclaimer - I do use lip liners under all my lipstick and I feel like it really helps with these, especially since a few are on the sheerer side. For reference, I use OCC Lydia with Dark Purple and MAC Nice 'n' Spicy with Nude 🙂

Something about your look is softer than usual today, even with the dark lipstick, and I really like it!

Thanks Topaz!

Anonymous Insider

Enjoying my little WnW haul 🙂 I had planned to wear non-neutrals on my eyes today, but the WnW lipsticks I bought yesterday had to be worn. Plus, college football is huge where I am and everyone is wearing team colors (read bright orange) on Fridays.

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

Wet 'n Wild MegaShield Lip Color in Salsa Lessons

Tarte Femme Naturale palette + Lorac esspresso on the lower lash line

BM Flawless Definition Mascara

Wet 'n Wild Reserve Your Cabana Bronzer (this looks more like an highlighter. I wore it almost all-over, very subtle)

Paula's Choice Blush it On palette Bronzer (just tiny bit) and Peony

Spoiler
FullSizeRender(4).jpgFullSizeRender(3).jpg

That's a great lip color for you!

Anonymous Insider

Thanks Beth! I was a little scared it might look garish, but I actually like it a lot.

I felt even comfortable wearing it to work. I surprisingly don't feel self conscious with this shade on.

Vice 4, Faceshop peach cushion blush (essentielle beauty) and Cover girl star wars lipstick in 70 (I don't want to hear it).

unnamed-4.jpgunnamed-5.jpg

I like that lipstick on you 🙂  I just got my Star Wars lippies and haven't played with them yet lol

Can't wait to hear what you think!  I think the silver is a little patchy but otherwise sort of love them....

My favorite & wearable one is the plum shade lol. The rest will have to be mixed with other colors and the super dark one is just for looking at! 😄

Products:

Spoiler
1) Smashbox More Than Primer Face Primer
2) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
3) Tarte Smooth Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair
4) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
5) Urban Decay Lip Pencil in Ozone
6) Kat von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette - Lyrics, Muse Love, Swoon, Skulls
7) NARs Larger Than Life liner in.. whatever Black is called
😎 Hourglass Film Noir Mascara
9) Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Ladyflower
10) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMAG0949.jpg

So, first impressions, I'm disappointed in the Mi Vida Loca Remix palette. Some colors were not as pigmented as I had hoped (Muse, Love). And the mattes also felt.. chalky. They were a bit of a pain to blend (Swoon, in particular). Still a few more days until I head back into town and handle any returns, so hopefully the rest goes well..

UD Ladyflower. Picked this one up in the Full Frontal Lip Stash.. I'm a total sucker for mini lippies because they're so small.. and I love lipstick. It's easier to contain the minis and less product wasted (because I get so many...). I wasn't into makeup until relatively recently, but I always loved digging through my moms lipstick pouch when I was little (I called them "lips kiss")...

Whaaaat. I really like the MVL palette. I didn't find them chalky... they just weren't "hard" shadows, so if you pressed too hard, a lot came off. I feel like they're more like Viseart mattes in that sense. SUPER easy to blend, though some did have some pigmentation issues, and Echo, Destroyer and Vinyl were the main duds, BUT still better than Anastasia shadows in my opinion. Analogue is amaaaaazing. My favourite in the palette.

I haven't gotten too far into the palette. That was my first look with it. I don't press that hard, but I did notice a bit of chalkiness even when I swatched using my fingers. It's entirely possibly I just have a sub-par unit. Quality Control can't keep everything from slipping through the cracks, after all. And it wouldn't be the first time I experienced something like this with her product line (my original Shade + Light Eye and Interstellar palettes had some chalky mattes, the second had very buttery shades).

I'll keep futzing with it. I believe everything deserves fair trial. I used blues today, and had an easier time with them.. Though trying to get Hyper Ballad through my crease was a real pain. The pigment is good, but it didn't want to blend as easily as I'm accustomed. Synth and Dark Wave were phenomenal. 

Love how flawless your skin looks & love love love your eye makeup!

I went car browsing/shopping with my brother today, so my makeup wasn't anything special. But I got a couple of nice shots of my new tattoo, so I thought I'd post those (it's on my left shoulder). It's a peony 😁image.jpg

image.jpg

Love your tattoo! I want to get one but I keep changing my mind what I want, which probably means I shouldn't lol 😛

Beautiful!

Oh that is one of the most beautiful tattooes I've seen in a very long while!   I love all the detail!  I can't wait to see it all healed up!  Your artist is very talented!  

1 Reply
testing