Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I highly recommend it!

This is my first time posting a picture of me, but I really need advice on the foundation and the shade. And excuse my appearance, I have no desire to leave the house today.

Spoiler
IMG_13111.jpg
IMG_13051.jpgIMG_1307.JPG

I'm wearing Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Nude. Without sunlight (my indoor lighting is fluorescent, and I believe cool white), Nude looks like a decent match. But in sunlight it does not match my chest that well, just my neck. I did NOT blend the foundation onto my neck (a deliberate choice to see the true match), it stops at my jawline. I do not self-tan or anything, if there's any discrepancy between my body it's because some parts get sun and some don't. 😉 Not the best pictures (the sun was definitely in my eyes), but any advice would be great on the foundation itself or the shade.

P.S. If you have any tips on eye makeup since I suck at eyeshadow, that would be great 🙂

EDIT: Forgot to add my lip colour, Bite's Bellini

I think the foundation looks great, but I love this lip color on you.

Thank you! I wished Bellini came out earlier so I could have worn it more in early summer.

1. charlotte tilbury magic cream

2. neutrogena pure and free liquid daily sunblock SPF 50

3. nars sheer glow foundation, punjab

4. mac mineralize concealer, nw20

5. bare minerals ready touch up veil, translucent

6. anastasia beverly hills contour kit, light to medium: vanilla

7. charlotte tilbury filmstar bronze and glow palette

8. milani baked powder blush, luminoso

9. mac paint pot, painterly

10. sephora+ pantone universe marsala palette

11. kat von d tattoo liner, trooper

12. charlotte tilbury full fat lashes mascara

13. rimmel london scandal eyes shadow stick, trespassing taupe

14. nars radiance enhancing light optimizing primer (thats the last of that 😞  )

14. mac satin lipstick, media

I'm getting into the fall makeup looks already 😄

LOL looks like we are both have same agenda today 😄 This foundation looks great on you. You got lovely skin!

Appears so! What better way to get opinions and advice then from our fellow beauty junkies 😉

Looks like a good match to me, but I know everyone feels different in person, also I would wait the whole day to make sure nothing oxidizes too much and goes orangey....my personal big fear in trying new foundations. Bellini is very flattering on you! It's perfectly fine to dress up and stay at home, makes doing chores or watching Netflix extra glamorous 

Thank you for the input! It didn't seem to oxidize indoors, and sadly I didn't think to check if it oxidized in sunlight. I'll make sure to check next time. I'm hoping it stays the exact shade because I really do love this foundation.

You look great even for not wanting to leave the house!

Personally I feel this colour is a good match for you. It's hard to match both the neck and chest I find... I have trouble matching my foundation to my neck to begin with, because my face and neck are two completely different undertones (my neck is more olive/green undertoned whereas my face is clearly yellow)

I'm also not a fan of having to blend foundation down to my neck, since it would rub off on my clothes and whomever I hug!

That foundation has a beautiful finish on you! 😄

Thanks for your help 🙂

I like the match the more I wear it. It's not clinging to my dry patches that much and it gives an awesome finish. My shade in another foundation is lighter, but it dries (to the perfect match), and TF BTW doesn't so comparing them on my hand was a fail. Finding foundation is so much harder than anything else, the indecisiveness!

I hate blending foundation down my neck, same reasons as you, but also I feel weird having it on my neck and not my face?

I agree with K617. I think it looks nice on you, and pretty much everyone has a different colored face and neck/chest. Unless you're being filmed in HD, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I love that you're all "excuse my appearance"—I don't look half as good when I do leave the house, let alone just bumming around!

You should come back and post here again; it's a fun place. 🙂

LOL, thank you 😄

I definitely will, today my confidence has definitely been boosted. On my day offs, I like playing with makeup so I can learn and experiment.

It looks like a really nice match to me!

Thanks! The more input confirms that I need this foundation soon 😄

i think this foundation color looks like a good match. another reason why your chest looks lighter than you face / neck is that the sunlight is bouncing off of it, making it appear whiter. 

Thanks! I stood in the sun to get the most accurate match, so my face is in the sun along with my chest. I'll just have to see if the next lighter shade makes a difference before making my decision.

Your look is great! And I absolutely love the choice of lip color 🙂

Thanks a lot 🙂 Lippies are my weakness

You are beautiful! The image with indoor lighting - Nude appears to be a good match ... with sunlight, it's difficult to see with the reflection from the sun. I think that a lot of people have differences in the color of their skin from chest to face, etc. Blending foundation will help with the transition. 

Going into Sephora or another beauty counter to test foundations/bb creams will possibly help with a color match that you feel more comfortable with. Get samples!

The lip color you're wearing is stunning. You look incredible.

Thank you, you're too kind! I chose not to blend onto my neck just to see how it looks like. I've been matched to Nude and Vanilla by 2 different SAs from different trips to Sephora, but I only remembered to ask for a sample of Nude. I might go back to get a sample of Vanilla...

I'm wearing Bite's Bellini after putting it off for so long. I've been down with a cold for a week and had no desire to wear makeup.

2 Replies
testing