Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I only post in this thread every once in a while, but today I really liked how my makeup tuned out so here it is (no filering or editing, just good lighting!)

Eyes:

Shadow: Makeup Geek Peach Smootie and Chickadee, Mac Soft Brown, Red Brick and Brown Script

Liner:  Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Corrupt (Seriously the BEST gel liner I have EVER used and I have used A LOT!)

Mascara:  Urban Decay Perversion

Face:

Makeup Forever Smoothing Primer

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation in 160=R410

Urban Decay Naked Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Neutral

Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

Kat Von D Contour Kit 

Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop

ETA:  MUFE Pro Fusion Bronzer in 25M

And How could I forget Becca Champagne Pop!

Lips:  Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpgClose up of my eye makeup.  Sorry it's so blurry, but I cropped it from another pic!

Your brows!! 🙂

Thank you so much!! I am in the process of growing them out because I was a child of the 90's-early 2000's and way over plucked!  Now I'm trying to fix it!!

Love the eye makeup!

Thanks Kb!  I was in the mood for a really warm look!

Anonymous Insider

Here is my look for the day. Lorac eyeshadows, milani luminoso blush and the lipstick from my July Ipsy bag with a little lipgloss on top to even it out. ( it is unfortunately really patchy. )image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is a gorgeous, natural, no makeup makeup look,executed brilliantly! I love the way you've subtly but effectively enhanced your stunning features without overwhelming them! Very fresh-faced and perfect for summer! 🙂

So chic! You look effortlessly comfortable and at ease...and beautiful!

And sly 😄

Drppr looks like the cat that got the canary!

Cross-post from the Color Challenge:

IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0652.JPG

Spoiler

- Murad Invisiblur sunscreen/primer

- Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able foundation in 12 Ivory

- Besame Violet Brightening Powder

- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Incandescent Electra

- UD Naked Basics Palette

- KVD tattoo liquid liner in Mad Max Brown

- Sephora Marsala Metalshine liquid liner (in 2nd photo)

- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara

- OCC pencil in NSFW

- Hourglass liquid lipstick in Icon

- ABH brow powder in Medium Brown

You have such a great lip shape.

Anonymous Insider

The fabulous, classic lip hue steals the show here, as you've kept the rest of the look polished and classic! Those liner wings are fantastic, though, so do deserve an honourable mention! Stunning! 🙂

I really want Mad Max now! I also want to watch the Road Warrior! 

Movie night! *grabs popcorn*

What are your thoughts on the Invisiblur? I've been eyeballing it for about a week now.

I can also add that I also like the Invisiblur. I love that it serves as a moisturizer, SPF and primer in one. It can definitely feel silicone-y, but like JazaChai said, it feels drier - as in it is more of a dry gel than a lotion like the Smashbox primers.

I've actually come to enjoy it more than the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer because I find the Murad applies much nicer on top of other products, where the Hourglass can cause my SPF to ball up if it's not completely dry - and who has time to wait for that in the morning!

I don't think the Murad is perfect by any means. I think it can sometimes feel greasy in oily areas (t-zone), but you can't beat the multi-tasking properties. I also love that it's a product of a skin care line as opposed to a make-up line because you know the priority is on the skin care benefits first and foremost, whereas you can apply other products to assist with longevity, I like products that are going directly onto my skin to have skin care properties.

It's similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish in feel, but a bit lighter and dryer (by which I mean less greasy-feeling, not that it's drying). I like it, but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for a full size - mine is a deluxe sample from a promo. It performs about as well as the Smashbox on me, which is to say that it definitely smooths and reduces appearance of pores, but doesn't totally eliminate texture concerns. 

So... 4/5, not if you hate Smashbox/silicone, worth it if you like that and want to replace another silicone primer+sunscreen with just one product.

Products:

Spoiler
1) Smashbox More Than Primer Face Primer
2) Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fair
3) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
4) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair
5) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
6) Make Up For Ever - Jamie Chung Palette
7) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
😎 Bite Beauty - Lip GLoss Library - 15 Shades of Sephora - 2013

IMAG0718.jpg

Decided to try a full quad look with the Jamie Chung palette. I'm sure I could do better, but this worked out well.

Trying a new morning serum - REN Radiance. It's to replace my Original Skin serum. While I do love that product, my inner CF guru demanded I at least try to find an alternative. So far, this seems to be working well.

2013 - a very bright candy-apple red! 

That's the end of the first Bite Lip Gloss Library. I start Deconstructed Rose tomorrow!

Anonymous Insider

Another timeless, beautiful look, with a classic rosebud lip! Stunning! 🙂

I love 2013 on you! I have the Deconstructed Rose set too, and they're all so lovely.

AAAAbbbbAAAA.jpg

Spoiler
Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation, Buxom Full-on Lipstick, UD Naked 3 Darkside Eye, Clinique Pop Ginger Pop Cheeks, Cover Girl Bronzer, Lancôme Hypnose Drama Mascara, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Diffused Powder.

Hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday! I wanted to go dark on the eyes today....just felt in a dark mood, I guess. Not a bad mood really, just....a little gothic? IDK.

testing