Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

So glow-y knuevekm!  I love that lippie on you!

I use hourglass incandescent light as a setting powder. I think it is intended as a highlight but it is so subtle that when used it lightly all over the face it gives just a nice glow.

Your eyes are gorgeous! You've got some feathery lashes!

Doesn't she, though?

Thank you, both of you! 🙂

Products:

Spoiler
1) Smashbox More Than Primer Face Primer
2) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair
3) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair
4) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
5) Make Up For Ever Artists Shadows - Iridescent Ivory, Milk Tea, Fig
6) Tarte Eyeliner Pencil in Slate
7) Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
😎 Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
9) BITE Beauty - Lip Gloss Library - 15 Shades of Sephora - 2003
10) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMAG0657.jpg

No headache today, but my day has still been all sorts of F***ed up. Caught my finger in the compartment I we keep our badges in and tore it up.. A nice large chunk of exposed bright red soft tissue is right up above my cuticle. My employers health center would not be open until 8 and I get in at 6:45. I'm dripping blood, so I'm a biohazard and can't be let in past the front check in point until it's address. Except the first aid kits have absolutely jack in them. So security/reception contacts the ERT team.. who doesn't show up. Meanwhile, they don't even want me to do so much as put a paper towel on it and apply pressure so that maybe I don't get blood all over their public lounge... Fourty-five minutes later, First Responders (Fire Department) come in. They tell me I'm going to loose my finger nail and that I need to get into the ambulance. I'm not in any pain, and all I want is a effing bandaid and some neosporin.. But of course they don't have that. I get a 4x4, a cold compress (not that I have any swelling), and a latex bandage... to which I am allergic to the adhesive used for latex bandages... Finally, at about 8:15, I get into the health center, get a good rinse, some neosporin, and a fabric bandage...

Holy. In my first 2.5 hours at work all I accomplished was filling out medical paperwork and fill out my AD&D beneficiary form for open enrollment... which, really, was just clicking a box saying "Renew"...

IN OTHER, MORE RELEVANT NEWS

This lip color is a toss up. I like it, kind of, but then it's also a bit too pale for my tastes in pictures. I'm sure it would look fabulous on someone else (quite frankly, I like light, pink lips on medium-dark skin)...

What the hella!   Um, I'm pretty sure having a useless first aid kit is worse than not having one!  First off I'd be biotch slapping my employer for not restocking the kit or not having it regularily restocked.  What's the bloody point of a first aid kit with no bandaids?  

Secondly, the fire department came and wanted you to get into an ambulance?  How bad is this friggen cut?  

I'm sorry you'll be losing your nail if you are.  That truly sucks.  One of these days you're bound to have a good day.  

As as for your pink lips, they're my cup of tea!  Well, they used to be.  No they still are.  I just like experimenting with different colours more with the colourful hair.  

Anonymous Insider

Ouchie. Are they going to do something with the badge compartment, because that's messed up.

My boyfriend and I keep our badge in our car, so... Not much that can be done unless Subaru recalls their center console.

I suppose in my frustration I forgot to specify that, lol.

Anonymous Insider

DOH! Ha, yes, it sounded like an onsite storage for badges. That still sucks though, was it really deep enough to damage the nail bed?

Nope. Even my cuticle is completely intact. First responders today weren't the most competent. 

They also tried to tell me soap and water was enough when soft tissue is exposed. I come from a long line of medical practitioners and have my Red Cross ERT card; straight up, it's not. 

They really wanted to get me in that ambulance.

Haven't posted in a while... Since we got a new pool, the kids and I have spent so much time in it, there has been no reason to do my makeup (can't believe I just said that) anyway went simple with just a pop of color on the lips Givenchy le rouge 205.

07.30.15.png

You lost me at "no reason to do makeup".   

A new new pool sounds like a lot of fun though!  Sounds like you're taking full advantage of your summer.  

IMG_20150730_135107.jpg

I've been feeling really uninspired and unmotivated lately. I'm stuck in a rut and I don't know what to do. Today I did a blue smokey eye using the ABH Artist and Shadow Couture palettes. Lips are KVD Ayesha liquid lipstick and Night moth lipliner.

When in doubt, purplefy yourself.

You gorgeous girl, looking stunning as usual but I am missing your beautiful smile 🙂

Your eyes take my breath away.   

Uninspired makeup wise or just in general?  😔

Thanks Hearts! 😀 General. All I feel like doing nowadays is lounging around, working on summer school work with my hair tied up and no makeup. It's so bad my mom has to beg me to get out of the house.

Aw, big hugs girl, it hapoens to everyone at some point and it sucks.  Completely normal though.  Your mom probably has the right idea if you've been given a good amount of time to just do nothing.  My mom actually set me up on an adult play date to get me out of the house once, lol.  It ended up being fun but it was a joke for a while cause people would ask how we met and I'd have to explain.  

Hopefully your spirits go up in the next little while.

I would love to do my makeup this great when feeling uninspired. You're flawless! 

Thanks SD!!! 🙂

testing