Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I also love the contrast between your hair and lipstick! 

What's in your outer third of your eyes? I absolutely love your eye makeup today. 

I put graphic nature (pewter) on lightly and blended it out, then took entombed ( blue) and used even less of that just dabbing it on with my fluffy brush and blended that slightly less, then I used the tip of my fluffy brush to dab on a little tornay (black) and smudged it into the v a bit.  

After all that I took UD bang blush and used the tiniest amount to brighten up the edges and used a clean brush to blend upwards.  

Too much info?  

And thank you!  I didn't feel like being cute today.  🙂 

Nope! Jut what I wanted to hear! 🙂 And please, you couldn't not look cute even if you tried. 

Exactly what I wanted to say. Your eyes look amazing Hearts.

thank you!  I'm impressed my wings matched.  There's not much of a wing but I normally mess it up so I didn't want to push my luck. 

Fierce! I love the blue hair paired with orange. 

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing that lippie. I waffled and now I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks KB, I actually have an extra if you're really serious about getting it.  It does misbehave a little.  Or there's the option of mixing sushi kiss with monorange.  I swear this is their love child. 

whoa whoa whoa. hold up here....you look bad a$$.  

ps. I love your blue hair. Where do you get it done? 

Thank you!  I go to Refresh in Newport village.  

It's even better when I don't have foundation in my hair.  I wore my bangs down yesterday and my foundation has stuck itself on there good.  I've been trying not to wash my hair too much so the colour lasts longer but it looks like I need to now.  

I got Katrina to mix me up a bottle of conditioner with blue toner so I can keep it up at home until my roots come in.

d a m n. son. I have seen that place so many times on my way to Booster juice or thriftys. lol. Im thinking of going back to a lighter brown ... and looking at your hair results im thinking of going to these guys for a consultation.  

Oh nooo!! Hope you can get that out without too much colour run out.  I have to say Hearts, you are probably the only one that i have seen that can make any hair colour look BOSSED out.  #hairspiration. 😉

That sounds like my hood:). Go see Katrina!  She's awesome at chosing the perfect tone of any colour to suit you and making it happen!  She's very honest and won't put a colour in that you ask for if she thinks it won't look good on you, which is probably why I'm getting away with so much!  

As as for the colour fading, I'm set.  She whipped up that conditioner for me and put gloves in the bag and gave me instructions on how to keep it refreshed.   My purple and pink hair faded out beautifully though so I'm not too interested in keeping it this particular intensity, I just want it to stay the same sort of shade rather than it turn green or something.  

Do you live in Port Moody or Coquitlam?  I am friend scouting:) 

You probably already know all this, but I'm jacked up on painkillers and want to be helpful.

As a veteran of blue hair, the sun and chlorine are your worst enemies.

Your best friends are going to be purple shampoo to neutralize yellowing, and yeah, conditioner with the toner.

Blue pigment is a bit more volatile than red pigment. I've had blue hair that literally would not fade beyond a certain point (about where you're at).. it wouldn't wash out, it wouldn't go away - I had to bleach it and even then, the tips stayed bright f***ing blue. Other times, it faded  very quickly. Red pigment likes to cling but will wash out at a pretty reasonable rate.

UVB protecting leave-in treatment will also help.

Ha, always be helpful- even when not taking meds that make you more social;).  At least you're not in pain right?  

I think I'm pretty good to go on all counts.  I'm a sun fearer and am not a big fan of chlorinated pools.  I'm good for purple shampoo and am armed with this!  Thanks for all the tips all the same cause they're always helpful for everyone else!   I've had so many ah ha moments reading advice meant for other people:) 

image.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

Haha, what is my hair?! I threw it up in a messy pony while getting ready and didn't brush it before this photo.

Eyes: Vice 3

Lips: Nars Brigitte

Cheeks: Tarte Fearless blush, Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight highlighter, Hourglass ALP bronzer

Oh I LOVE Brigitte on you!! It's amazing!

Thank you, K!

So nice to see you again! 

Is your hair different? You look so amazing! 

Hi, SD! I had it colored last week, so it's extra dark (think black cherry). But it will fade to my "normal" auburny-brown soon.

That lipstick is so sweet on you, and I like how the blush compliments it!

Thank you, KB! This is extra nice to hear, as I am not skilled in the blush arts.

Messy hair and a done up face is sexy!   Bask in it! 

1 Reply
testing