Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I was happy to oblige!   And yay!  That's a lot of love letters!   

Pssst,  I couldn't make anything look good with blue shadow and pink hair other than a pale pink lip.  At least without looking like a Barbie. 

Anonymous Insider

I really like the pale pink lip with this look. You do look bada**.  You rock my world! 

Hearts you look bada**. You could be the strong female character in an action film!  Like a Laura Croft.

Hahaha, yeah, I was having difficulties blending out the dark blue from the mufe electric palette and the look took a more sinister turn than I intended.  I would play a bad guy for sure! 

Okay but how do I get my hair to stay back like that??

Bleach the frappe outta it and it'll do whatever you want- except shine.

LOL. I've done that before actually, I remember it molding pretty well. I guess I could just try some pomade though...

Pomade some back combing and a couple hair pins should do the trick.  

You look very sly today 😉

Hehehehehe. 

Products:

Spoiler
Look slightly inspired by Puscifer "Conditions of My Parole"

1) Smashbox More Than Primer Face Primer
2) Tarte Foundcealer in Fair
3) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder
4) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
5) Kat von D Fever palette
6) Kat von D Autograph Pencil in Puro Amore
7) Clinique High Impact Mascara
😎 Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Palette 04 - Cool Beige - N16 Natural
9) Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black

IMAG0407.jpg

Ouhhh, you have extra body in your hair today!  

The lipstick looks super pretty, on a scale from1-10 how would you rate the mufe palette?  I'm only asking cause I was very disappointed in the too faced lipstick palette and haven't enjoyed lip palettes since. 

My hair seems to live in Opposite Land and detached from the rest of society - the less I wash it, the more volume it gets. Day 4 hair is nice and bouncy. 

The MUFE Rouge Artists Palettes, when compared to MUFE lipstick, I'd give about an 8 or a 9.I have my own qualms with MUFE and the lipstick in general, but those aside... When you look at the price of the lipstick to the price of the palette, versus how much product you get, it can be a bargain - if the shades work for you. Someone with warm undertones will obviously look better in the warmer beige and pink palettes than the cool ones. I have neutral, but more inclination towards cool, and find that I can work with the first four palettes fairly well (Warm pink, Cool pink, Warm beige, and Cool beige).

The quality is pretty similar, though I have seen a few beauty blogs that have not had that experience. So far I'm 4 for 4 out of the set, so I am willing enough to dismiss those blogs as factory fault.

My only real complaint is that I personally prefer a bullet. There's less time involved, and the payout requires less building. But, that's not to say you have to spend forever building up color. I have experienced issues with only the shades labeled with single digits - and even then, not all of them. Most of the colors have a good brush payoff, and I'm finding that with the Intense shades that move from the "natural" range (vivd reds, pinks, etc), the extra control is nice because I feel like I have more say in the intensity of my lips than I would get with a bullet.

I do have them all and have been going through them in order, shade for shade (left to right), for the last few weeks, and will continue to do so. I bought a bunch of drawers and am trying to organize/downsize my lippies, so I'm going through all of them, starting with these since I did just get them and could still return one if the shades or quality were not up to par.

My hair must live in the same neighbourhood as your hair.  It moved after getting bleached.  Now it prefers me not to wash it in general.  I go about four days on average these days and it's mostly because I use product in my hair.  I fear I will never have naturally greasy hair again.  

i think I may give them a chance if I come across them . 

You will. It'll just take some TLC.

I recommend Olaplex's weekly treatment, and Alternas caviar hair masque. The bamboo one is good, too, but has a lot of protein, which you'd already be getting from Olaplex. Olaplex is like a keratin treatment, but better, so combining it with the Bamboo Colorhold masque could over-protenize your hair, causing more damage. So what you would be missing would by hydration.

Liquid Coconut, or if you can afford it, MCT oil in your hair a few hours before you wash is also a fantastic way to coat the strands with helpful, hydrating omegas and MCTs.

Also good, and I really hate saying this because I am NOT a fan of the company, is Bumble and Bumbles Hairdressers Invisible Oil Primer and the oil itself. I use the primer as a leave-in conditioner treatment. I put in a dime sized amount of the oil in the morning after each wash.

Alternas Anti Aging Blonde line is great for color treated blondes. I do love the bamboo Kendi mist, and the bamboo line is good all around, so it might help your hair as well without the neutralizing purple tint of the Blonde shampoo.

On the cheaper end, Biolage has been fabulously terrific for my hair on a tight budget.

IMG_8493.JPG

Today I am wearing ColourPop Lippie Stix in LBB on one side and Flawless on the other side, to test out if they are the same shade (at least on me) and my suspicion was correct! LBB is supposed to be Matte, and Flawless is Satin but I honestly don't see or feel a difference. Maybe when I eat, one will wear off more? I guess I'll find out later tonight 😄

I don't see a difference either, but I guess the good news is that that color is great on you, so now you have two!

This is a gorgerous look. Didn't realize you wear 2 diff lippies until I read the thread 😉

Love the berry shade! Happy Ramadan btw! How are you keeping your skin so fresh?

The lipstick (s) are gorgeous on you!

I have both shades, but forget how they looked on me.  I felt the same as you though when I tried them on - not much of a difference between matte and satin that I could tell.

P.S:  I just looked at my old swatches.  LBB has a more red/berry undertone on me, and Flawless is more purple.

Thanks GC!

That's how I thought the lippies were going to be, but once on my lips, they look exactly the same. I don't know if it's lip chemistry or color or what, but it's a bummer to get two of the same shade in an order!

4 Replies
testing