Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Achingly beautiful.  

Happy birthday, KB!

That Iris eye shadow looks great on you!

Happy belated birthday! You look stunning - I especially love your blush and lip colour. Gorgeous!!

Happy belated birthday! Your eyes are absolutely gorgeous! Don't mind about people not showing up, it's fine as long as you had fun with your besties! 

Happy birthday! I'm sorry about your friends but at least you know you have 2 good ones! I think its better to have few good ones than a lot of mediocre ones that you can't count on. 

Anyway! You look beautiful! I love your eyeshadow and your blush is stunning. 

Thanks SD! And this is true! 🙂

Happy birthday, kbmatthews!! 😄 I hope you enjoyed your day. The BBQ sounds perfect and this is a perfect birthday look! Gorgeous for spring and summer!! 

<3, Randee

Thanks Randee! A BBQ was definitely the perfect way to spend a sunny, hot afternoon! 🙂

Happy birthday KB! Don't worry about it, the same thing happened on my bday, but guess what? The people who actually cared were there and that's all I wanted in the end 🙂 You look lovely!

Thanks malday! You're right, the people who matter most were there 🙂 

KB, you look stunningly gorgeous. Happy belated birthday to you.

I'm so sorry that your friends didn't come through for you but glad that your two best ones did. I have struggled with friendship issues at various times in my life and I think that many people just don't value friendships the way I do. What I've learned is that it's not a reflection of me or what I did or didn't do, so I have tried to not take things personally. I do tend to weed out people like this from my life, as I feel that doing so gets the burden of disappointment and feelings of rejection out of the way and, more importantly, opens the door for better friendships.

Thanks Divwa!

You're right, I'm lucky to have two best friends who celebrated with me. And I'm starting to believe that about my friends as  well... I try to be a good friend, but I don't know if it's reciprocated any longer. I don't fault someone for having a busy life, a family, tight budget or schedule, etc. But I don't really know how to make new friends as an adult haha. I've had the same friend group for over 10 years. Hopefully, in time, I do though 🙂 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!! i've too, found, that birthdays sometimes serve as the best 'friend filters'. it's a rough thing to realize, though. we're here for you too !! you look beautiful.

Thanks jemly 🙂 It's true... it seems as though birthdays are a good filter... those who at least acknowledged they couldn't come obviously aren't bad friends at all, and I'm lucky to have two best friends. 

For my daughter's first birthday a few years ago, I held a large party (that's my family's tradition)... rented a hall and everything. 60 people RSVPed (with kids), as I sent out actual invites... less than 30 showed up. Maybe one or two friends actually called to cancel the day of...the rest just didn't show up. No explanation afterwards, either. I was so put off and disappointed with my friends. That kind of was the eye opener for me. 

image.jpgAllo from Norway:).  I'm trying to go for a more natural look.  As natural as a person with lilac hair can look anyways.  People don't wear lots of makeup here.  I've been eyeing every woman's makeup I see and it's all extremely natural and pale pale colours for blush and lipstick.   In the stores I've been in it's all french designer makeup and everything is much more expensive.  

Today I'm wearing 

coffret d'or makeup base

becca shimmer skin perfector opal

bare minerals lash domination mascara

nars radiant creamy concealer

abh dip brow ash brown 

Armani eye tints in 7, 8 and 12

ysl full metal shadow 1

mac wash and dry blush hipness

mac creme d'nude lipstick

image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

So, I guess this is the no makeup makeup look for those with mauve hair? You are rocking it brilliantly! Those brows are fierce, your complexion looks flawless and radiant, and the nude lip compliments the hue of the hair in the most fabulous Twiggy manner! Love Love Love this! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I adore this look. Are you priming your eyes with the tints? They look amazing how you're wearing them. I think I NEED to try them, ha. Have fun exploring!

Spoiler

No, I actually forgot to pack eye primer but I haven't really needed it which is nice.  Today I'll be exploring some.  We're taking a plane tour of the fjords today.  

Girl I love your eye makeup today. It compliments your hair color and yet looks very natural.

Thank you:)  I think I'll stick to more natural looks for the rest of this trip.  

Hello world traveler! Your hair color is PERFECT! I think you did a great job emulating the style of makeup in Norway (judging from what you wrote since I've never been there :)). You look great! 

testing