Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Your eyes look beautiful! What mascara are you wearing? 

Hi mixe, Thank you!!

I'm wearing the Urban Decay Subversion primer with their Perversion mascara. 🙂 I used Benefit's Rollerlash on my lower lashes.

Love the aqua blue liner! 

Anonymous Insider

This is such a radical but beautiful look! The colors of your bangs are simply gorgeous, and I'm loving your immensely long feathery lashes too! The summery amber tones on your eyes are incredibly pretty, and your complexion looks utterly flawless! You look stunning! 🙂

Tomorrow is already planned out!!!!  🙂 

Image-1 (3).jpg

IMG_0982.JPG

Benefit - Stay don't stray

Benefit - the porefessional 

Benefit - They're Real Mascara 

Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara 

Mac - Viva La Glam VI Lipglass

Mac - Patina Eyeshadow

Mac - Bare study Paint pot

Nars - Sin (bush)

Nars - Copacabana Illuminator  

Nyx - 3 C's Palette (using to contour very subtly)

NYX - Wonder Pencil - (near the water line of the eyelid)

Urban Decay - Naked Skin Beauty Balm

Urban Decay Eyeliner - Stash Eyliner (on top and bottom of lid on the lash line)

wet n' wild Center stage - in rose champagne glow (using as a secondary illuminator) 

I need to know too! lol 

I LOVE that dress!! What brand is it?! Do tell! 😄

I will have to look it up when I go home I want to say off the top of my head Eucalyptus but I am unsure. I do know I got it at modcloth year or two ago. and sometimes they do bring stuff back by demand on that site. (hope this helps) 

outfit.jpg

no Makeup selfie today just a outfit photo 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Gorgeous dress, and those boots are simply perfect with it! 🙂

I haven't been posting because I've had the worst breakout.. even in high school I had relatively clear skin.. but it's all up in my chin and on my forehead and I don't see an end in sight...

I also cannot upload an image, for whatever reason, so the preview I wanted to leave you with will have to be text.

My auto-delivery for the spring Sweet Indulgences package came in today, and I also have the Tartes Spring auto-delivery exclusive set up - the first installment should be here later this week.

Despite the breakout, I'll try to take a swing at these products.

Is this the same sort of irritation you had from the Dawn bath or more of a breakout (pimple) irrtiation?

They're almost cyst-like. It's all deep under the skin, and very painful, and they're scarring.

Hm. Try putting Vick's vaporub on them (just the spots), and do so for several nights. They will help dry out the spots under the skin.

(I'm doing this now, actually, I had a series of cysts appear over the last month and this was the only thing that helped. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :))

It's the camphor, old school trick.  The Origins Out of Trouble mask has camphor in it, might be a bit more skin friendly than Vick's.

Is it the camphor? That's good to know!

The Vick's is so easy on the wallet though, LOL. I do peel a bit but haven't had any problems with irritation or anything. I just rub off the dead skin in the morning.

I'm super allergic to just about everything so I might put forward the 20 bucks to get the Origins mask.

I'm also stocking up on some brightening products to deal with the scars once they've all healed. I've got some dark, discolored spots from the last super big one.Now,they're mostly smaller, but all of the fluid is still waaaay under the skin and I can't just lance it.

I've never had skin problems like this before, it's kind of frightening.

Anonymous Insider

Do you have any guess why? I recently had a bad breakout (like 5?6? I normally have 0~2) from a foundation I tried 😞

I have a couple guesses. 

1) my skin is still pissed because my cat splashed me during her Dawn bath.

2) Extra pollen in the air, sticking to facial products (moisturizer, sun screen, foundation..)

3) The French Bread at work is super powdery (but this doesn't explain the forehead)

4) My feline allergy is worsened by the Comfortis they are taken and having skin effects, which makes sense because Ms Glitch has to sleep on my pillow with me.

5) Stress. Lots and lots of stress.

or

6) This stuff has always been there and is coming to the surface thanks to the smooth vibrations of my Luna.

hey gwillickers, have you use started using your luna ?? if you notice a correlation with the beginning of using the luna and this sort of break out, i'd suggest the new tool is the culprit, and you skin is reacting against it. "purging" is more or less a myth. new tools can bring "things to the surface" but it really should be nothing more than one or two non red/irritated white heads, and that is it. i know those things are expensive, but i highly recommend you discontinue use !!

I picked it up during the Rouge sale, so I can totes return it. As an experiment, I stopped using it as of last night. If there's an immediate reduction of the irritation over the next couple days, I'll see about getting a refund and stick to gentle manual exfoliants meant for daily use. I feel like the Luna has helped my oily patch, but everywhere else seems to be going nuts. And it hasn't made a significant difference compared to high-end brand products, like AmorePacific.

The part that kind of worries me is that even though I do my best to leave them alone, they are scarring, and I'm not sure what I can do about the discoloration once everything s all healed.

1 Reply
testing