Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

OMG, this eggplant/aubergine lip hue is simply fabulous on you! I'm also loving the daywear smoky definition of the eyes, and your complexion is radiant! 🙂

Thank you ballerina! I am loving the color too 🙂

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY STUNNING ON YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

pardon the all caps but i wanted to get my immediate enthusiasm across !!! i'm thinking amore may be the unsung hero of the stila liquid lipsticks.

i hope you feel beautiful and fabulous because you absolutely look it ! 🙂

Yay thank you!! I am glad you like it 😄 I am quite enjoying the color as well. Any tips on making it last longer, similarly colored lipliner etc? I did apply UD Ozone underneath and that helped with application a lot

Today was a busy stressful day but thanks, I did feel good once I had my makeups on 🙂

oh mine literally stayed on all day ?? i think one important thing about these is to not apply too thick of a layer or else it'll dry thicker, be uncomfortable and possibly come off as a thicker layer dries a bit differently/doesn't adhere to lips as nicely. 

Well it does last, it just fades a little in the middle after eating. 

Thanks I think will try that! The applicator picks up a lot of product and even when I wipe it off it still has a decent amount left 

Spoiler
Tarte Tarteguard SPF 30 Lotion
Tarte BB Tinted Primer
Tarte Colored Clay CC Concealer & Corrector
Tarte Foundcealer in Fair
Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder
Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
Kat von D Ladybird Palette
Bite Beauty Watercolor Lip Gloss in Five
Clinique Impact Mascara
Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMAG0154.jpg

I used the PTR Moor Mud mask last night for reasons other than nipping irritation in the bud (like with the Dawn). The first time I did it for reasons other than treatment of irritation (which it is, quite frankly, good at). And oh my god, it is fantastic. My skin this morning was brighter, looked a bit more toned, and even-colored in most places. The pigmented spots I have from the hives were much lighter (still there, but lighter!)... Fantastic product.

#5 looks incredibly wearable on you 😮

Anonymous Insider

This is an incredibly radiant, polished and groomed no makeup makeup look! I love the way you've defined each of your features so subtly but effectively, and your complexion is absolutely flawless! You look stunning! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Your skin's perfect!!!! 

I know a lot of us are interested in Surratt blushes, today I'm wearing Cantaloup! It looks very orange in the pan, but it shows up like a peachy pink on my skin.

I'm also wearing Giorgio Armani ETK eyeliner in brown black, Lorac pro palette, Burberry pale barley, Besame vanilla powder and Laura Mercier photo edition foundation (not a big fan, it looks very cakey).

The ear cuff is from Zara 🙂

IMG_3219.JPG

cantaloupe is on my radar. thanks for sharing ! beautiful 🙂

Thanks for sharing blush swatch. It looks great on you.

Anonymous Insider

I'm actually super interested in the Surratt collection, and if this blush is anything to go by, it seems it is definitely worth taking a closer look! The half of your face I can see looks beautifully groomed and polished! I'm especially loving the fact the blush looks like a natural flush, the fact your brow is so perfect, and the way you've defined and enhanced your eyes with a daywear smoke in flesh shades! The ear cuff is fabulous! 🙂

Cantaloup is super pretty on you, Ivy! 

It ended up turning a sort of yellowy orange on me 😞

OK, not really a "look," but I wanted to show off my new glasses! About the only other thing you can see on my face is my lips — which are YSL Glossy Stain, Rebel Nudes in 103 Pink Taboo

NewGlasses.jpg

I just wanted to thank you all for your sweet comments. Yesterday was a very trying day at work in the first place, but it's also now looking like I may have to make a decision shortly on if I want to stay at or leave my job. Not being forced out or anything like that, but the situation there is getting progressively worse and if yesterday is an indicator of things to come, my mind may already be made up.

So, it was a nice boost to see how many of you came by just to tell me you liked my silly new glasses. It means a lot. You BT kids are pretty cool! 😉

Aw, that's the poops about your job 😞

we think you're pretty cool too, lady 😉

Thanks mocha. It's been pretty stressful. I've been there a really long time and it definitely is NOT the same as when I started. Unfortunately not for the better. No raises, more work with less people, longer hours expected, less and less respect.... and the list goes on.

There's a meeting this afternoon where I'll get some more details of what the company is planning. My husband wants me to leave. It hasn't been good for our family life (I barely get to see the kids because of my hours) and frankly, I don't think it's been very good for my physical or emotional health either. Hmmmm, maybe I'm already answering my own question.....

Anonymous Insider

I think you are sweetie. That looks like a list of reasons instead of debating in a on-one-hand conversation. ((hugs)) Unless there are extraordinary reasons for needing this position or income, I'd say listen to your family.

I think you may be right. It's hard to face getting a new job after being at one place for so long (OK, don't faint... 27 years) at my age (54). We could definitely use the money, but at what cost? Eventually I will need to replace at least part of the income. Anyone know a good career counselor? 🙂

testing