Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Uh you definitely look ready to lay down some law 😄 Always love your outfits! And your complexion! And you lips! (Okay fine, everything...) 

Grrr!  You look fierce!

That second photo is an outtake from your '90s riot grrrl album and I love it.

Your skin is glowing! very pretty. 

Absolutely love your Makeup. Your face looks all nice and glowing, love it!

This lipstick looks gorgeous on you 🙂 

Base:  Dr. Brandt pores no more, Givenchy Photo Perfexion foundation in 104 Perfect Cinnamon mixed with Becca Shimmering skin Perfecter (liquid) in Moonstone.

Face: NARS RCC in Custard, Vanilla, and Chantilly, KVD ShadeLight, Hourglass ALB in Dim Infusion, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Opal.

Eyes: UDPP (original), NARS dual-intensity Narssist palette, Stila Kitten, NARS dual-intensity shadows in Callisto and Phoebe, UD Subversion primer, Benefit Rollerlash.

Lips: Too Faced Melted Metal Liquid Lipstick in Debutante.

image.jpg

Gagagagaga!  *Drool! 

You so very much have closest to the hair I want.....

I love your hair so much!

You look lovely.  The lipstick is pretty, but I have to ask, how do you clean it?  I have a couple and will not buy any more until I figure out how to de-germ them.

I got some new lippies in the mail today! Not the best pictures as I took them close to the end of the day, but I wanted to test out the colors. I am really, really sad about Stila's Patina not working on me at all. The other lipstick is from Paul and Joe, and I am undecided on how I feel about it right now

Stila Patina:

Spoiler
IMG_7612.JPG

It looks like a chalky pop-star pink on me, and it really emphasized lip lines! My lips looked so wrinkly :'( I really was hoping it would work for me after seeing it on a lot of you lovely ladies, but alas it was not meant to be. Will try and return.

Paul and Joe lipstick (can't recall the shade right now):

Spoiler
IMG_7602.JPGIMG_7609.JPG

I can't tell how I feel about this. I like it in theory, but the pale orange-y ness seems a little off on my skintone, like a nude orange if that even makes sense. Any tips on making it work? Pairing it with certain eyeshadows or blushes?

Oh wow, I don't think I've ever seen up you with such sweet and  innocent lips:).  I think the shade is working but I'm giggling at chalky pop- star pink.

That needs to be an actual lipstick name!! 

Try pairing it with.a lilac toned finishing powder and shimmery princess purple eyeshadow (a cooler tone since that lippy looks very much on the cool side) 

Anonymous Insider

Did you get the P&J from Urban Outfitters? If so, I got a similar shade (started with an M - menaige?), thought it would be a deeper color according to the online picture, opened the container (AND I WAS SO SO EXCITED) then IMMEDIATELY regretted the decision because I knew it would be too corally/light for my skin tone.

Also, you can make Patina work! Line it with a deeper color and fill it in (or I like using Stila Aria on the outside and then Patina on the inside and create an ombre) and it looks gorgeous! I think deeper skin tones just need a slower transition into the color to not make it look as harsh against our skin tone or like a concealer. Although I do constantly moisturize my lips because I prefer matte liquid lipsticks to any other type of lip product.   

Hmm, i got the Once Upon a Time shade. I was hoping it would be a more flattering orange, but I will try to work with it because I feel like I'm missing some orange in my life lol.

Thank you for the tips!! Will try those before I return it. I think I was just shocked at how light and pink it looked on me, and I'm not used to the matte finish so much. 

I think you should return them both and buy some MJ or Audacious lippies! #enabler 😉 😛

Hehe I think I like your advice the best TK 😄 I'm thinking about Vivien or Liv....

Anonymous Insider

I would love to see Liv on you!

Perhaps! Trying to decide between a few deep colors right now (right before summer, hehe)

Anonymous Insider

Sorry you don't like Patina -- have you tried it with a bit of lip gloss on top? I know that kind of defeats the purpose of a matte lipstick, though.

Personally, I am not a fan of matte lipsticks. And I often use lip gloss with non-matte lipsticks, because I like the look 🙂

I guess I'm not a big matte fan either, but it could just be that I don't use them often. I do like the KVD liquid lipstick in Lolita a lot better, but it has more brown/rosey tones to it that make it flattering on me

I think the P and J looks gorgeous on you! It's a really fresh, Spring-y look. I agree - it is kind of an orange-y nude. Kind of peachy. It works on you!!

testing