Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks!! It's nice to hear that it doesn't look as bad as I think. Will try some looks with it.

I just tried Patina on me for the first time yesterday - I'm sorry we didn't share the same positive experience with it 😞 liquid lipsticks are definitely very different in appearance and texture from others! 

I also like both colours on you - the lighter shades are still very pretty on you! Especially the P&J orange with your skin and eye colour ❤️ But I have to admit, you always rock a darker lip so well! Like your earlier pic with MJ Cabaret - so gorgeous! Maybe try layering it with another darker shade? you could slowly see if you warm up to it! 

Thanks! It's nice to know that I don't look as crazy as I feel, haha. I am not used to liquid lipsticks at all, so I think that does make a difference. I am sure I hate the color of Patina on me, which makes me sad, but I might take some of keepra's suggestions on making it work.

Cabaret is great! I love me some dark colors!

I don't dislike these MK, but of the two I definitely prefer the p&j one.  It really brightens your face!

Thanks Mocha! Perhaps it's time for a summery orange lip 😄

I actually think they both look nice on you.  Other than to tell you that your brows are looking awesome, I have no notes to give.

Hehe thanks, I'm getting better at brows now I think.

You're too kind, I really think Patina looks terrible on me! It was even chalkier looking in person 😞

A lot of matte lipsticks have that chalky appearance.  I personally do not think chalky looks bad, but I can understand you not liking it if you feel that way.  Then again, I love a lot of different finishes from matte to glossy.  Super matte is usually my preference over super glossy.  My favorite thing about Patina on you is the actual color more than the finish whereas I like the finish on the other one more than I like the color.  Both look nice though.

I feel the opposite in terms of the color haha, but feel a little weird about the Paul and Joe. Thanks for your feedback! ❤️

I could tell you did.  I prefer colors to nudes more often than not though.  Just a personal preference.  In my quest to find a decent nude, I bought a few lipsticks I have not even tried.

IMG_7590.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

Marc Jacobs Cabaret on my lips (the only reason I haven't bought NARS Vivien is because I'm told it's a dupe or something). Eyes were simple today: Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow in Rufous-Tailed Weaver and the darkest shade in the mini Dior palette promo to smoke and define. The Rouge Bunny eyeshadow is a gorgeous bronzey-gold taupe, I am so glad I picked it up when it was on sale on Hautelook.

I wish I had picked up Cabaret when it was still available. That is a glorious color on you, MK.

Thank you joz!! 🙂 You can search for some dupes on Temptalia if you want a similar color!

I cleaned all of my lipsticks over the weekend and thought of you and of course almostyou when I cleaned Cabaret.   Although it looks a lot darker on me, I still love it on you.  

P.S., so happy to see you back!! ❤️ I hope we can all be a nice distraction for you. You were very much missed 🙂

Thanks.  I missed being here, too.

How often do you clean your lipsticks? I feel like I don't use all of mine enough to justify a cleaning just yet.

I love Cabaret on you too! It's amazing how different it looks on others, I expected it to be much vampier than it really is lol

Of the 267 lippies I own, more than half are unused.  If they were unused and looked all right, I did not clean them at all.  ALL of my Kat Von D lipsticks of the non liquid variety (have 13 and have only used 3), all of my Bite lipsticks (most also unused), and a few other new ones had to be cleaned.  They were sweating (and I only store them away from heat and light.  I cleaned them to ensure the sweating did not turn into mold down the road.  It is sad that I had to waste a bunch or product on brand new lipsticks to clean them (got most of the Bite ones in December 2014 and most of the Kat Von D in August 2014).  It is not like I ever finish a lipstick anyway, so I was more sad that they do not look pretty once you "clean them."  I use lippies so rarely that I plan to clean them immediately after use from here on out to prevent having to do a mass cleaning like that again. 

I will probably not buy any more Bite or Kat Von D lipsticks in the future due to every single one separating even unused, relatively new lipsticks.  Every single one, except my Kat Von D Celebutard (I know it was renamed but that is what is on mine) and my Bite Shiraz are way less than a year old, so I was disappointed in the formulas. Most of my Lancome lipsticks (except one) are older but held up better.  Cabaret looked great when I cleaned it for instance, but I cleaned it anyway (because I know I've used it at least twice).

That sucks to know!! I actually don't own a lot of Bite or KVD anyway, so that's good to know.

I do live in Vegas though, so receiving the Kat Von D lippies in August probably played a role.  There is no excuse for the Bite lippies though.  Most of those came in December when it was cold.

I used to not open lipsticks when they arrived in case they were melted to let them settle down and keep them from hitting air and light for longer.  Now, I open them right away (to swatch).  I guess we will see if it makes any difference, since they also get "aired out" when they're open.

I remember us discussing the "sweating" lipsticks before. I really appreciate living in the mild weather over here, but it is getting warm these days! Gotta keep my lippies out of the heat!

4 Replies
testing