Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks Randee!  

I hadn't ever tried a beauty blender before, so I'm not really sure how it compares to the normal size ones, but yeah, I agree, they are fun, but not sure it's necessary.  

Part of me is worried my cat is going to jump onto my vanity and eat it 😄

Anonymous Insider

My cats already stole those I bought for my daughter's! They haven't eaten them, but they enjoy bouncing around pretending the beauty blenders are in fact mice! 😉

i love the finish of the lip. looks semi matte, but not dry ? (i suppose we call that satin, haha)

are you having trouble with the concealer that made you try a new technique ?

Jem, I am LOVING the finish of this lipstick.  It is a tough one to pinpoint, I'm not even sure I would deem it a satin?  Maybe a demi-satin? 😄  Anyways, it's glorious.  

I really like the texture of the concealer, but I don't feel like I get quite the amount of coverage I want out of it for my dark undereyes if I apply it with my fingers.  I thought I would give the BB a try because I have never used one (at all) and well... they're MINI!  My next step would be to try applying it with a brush.  I enjoyed the feel of applying it with the BB (so bouncy) but I don't notice any difference.  

my coverage isn't what i need either (these bags are darrrrk lately) but it's because i need to repurchase. i'm literally scraping out remaining product...just trying to make it to the end of the week before any such purchases happen. but every time i run out of concealer, and i get a new one and apply it for the first time, i think "ohhhh yeahhhh this is how it's supposed to be...."

Hi everyone! I had my wedding shower on Sunday and I wanted to share some pictures with all of you! 🙂 The wedding shower was actually a cooking class which is why I'm wearing an apron in one of the pictures! 😉

wedding shower 5.jpg

This is me with my 2 bridesmaids! Heart

I took these other pictures at the end of the day after I had been wearing my makeup for about 7 hours. It was a bit faded but still looked pretty decent! My hair looked better at the beginning of the day too, but what are you going to do? 😉 

wedding shower 1.jpg

I wanted to show off my outfit. I seriously loved this dress and these Sam Edelman flats are like the most comfortable shoes I own now. I'm obsessed!

wedding shower 4.jpg

Makeup Used:

- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer (Holy Grail Status for me)

- Sephora Collection Brow Pencil in Chestnut Brown (this was actually my first time wearing it and it seems pretty comparable to the Lancome one I own so I think it's pretty good quality!)

- Dipbrow Pomade in Soft Brown

- I mixed 2 foundations - Estee Lauder Double Wear in 2w2 Tawny and Dior Airflash Foundation in 301 Sand. I sprayed a small amount of the Dior Airflash foundation on my face and then put a few drops of the Estee Lauder around my face. I used my trusty beauty blender to blend this all in! The shade 2W2 is my summer shade. I had a bit of self tanner on in these pictures so it all matched!

- My under eye concealer was my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. I didn't wear any other concealer. My foundations were very full coverage so I didn't need it.

- I lightly dusted Kat Von D's Lock-It Powder foundation on my skin to set everything. I used the shade Medium 57.

- To set the concealer under my eyes I used the shade Banana from the Anastasia Contour Kit!

- I used one of the shades in the Contour Kit to lightly contour my face (I can't remember which one!)

- I then dusted a mix of Benefit Hoola bronzer and Too Faced Bahama Mama (sadly discontinued from Sephora) all over my face just to boost my complexion

- For blush, I mixed Mac's Warm Soul with Lorac's Baked Blush in Velvet Rope. When I first purchased Velvet Rope from Sephora a few years ago, I didn't really care for it. Now, it's becoming one of my favorites! I dusted Warm Soul on top of it for a bit more of a glow. 

- Highlight was Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (this is a new addition to my collection and it's as great as everyone says!)

- For eyes (these eyelashes are mine!), I used a mixture of different palettes I owned. I went for a soft smoky eye that leaned cool/taupe. My base shade was my all time favorite - Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Sin! My crease/outer V shade were a mixture of Too Faced's Lap Dance and Urban Decay's Hustle. My brow bone highlight was a shade from Urban Decay called Skimp. My inner corner highlight was another shade from Urban Decay called Zephr. 

- Eyeliner was Nars Larger Than Life in Via Venetto (for waterline) and the top lash line was Laura Mercier's Creme Eye Liner also in black. For the lower lash line, I just smoked it out with a mixture of Lap Dance and Hustle. 😉

- My mascara was a mixture of 3 (don't judge me! lol) - It was a mixture of Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara, Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara and Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara. I curled my lashes in between coats of mascara.

- Lips were a new favorite of mine (!) - YSL's Glossy Stain in Shade 15 (I think it was this shade...I am not 100% sure though. I don't have it with me right now but I will double check later. It was perfect and super long lasting)

For my hair (which is usually naturally straight!) I put it in hot rollers the night before the wedding to build a "base" curl". I left the hot rollers in for a good 30 minutes. After I took the hot rollers out, I sprayed my hair with a bit of hairspray. 😉 In the morning, I curled my hair with the Sultra Curling Wand (such a great investment) and sprayed my finished curls/waves with a ton of hairspray! I pinned the front pieces away from my face because we were going to be cooking and I didn't want my hair in my eyes 😉

<3, Randee

You look beautiful in that dress! 

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding--are you doing your own make up for the wedding or will one of Sephora's experts do it for you?

P.S. I have those exact flats but in indigo blue leather and I love them too!!

These flats are amazing. You have great taste! I actually purchased a gold pair as well! They are the best! 

I haven't decided on whether I am going to do my own makeup yet. Initially I was going to do it myself but the person who is doing my hair for my wedding is a very talented makeup artist, so I may end up just having her do it for me. I think I will be more relaxed if I don't have to worry about doing it myself. We'll probably do a trial in a few weeks and I'll make my final decision after that! 🙂 She said that if she does do my makeup, we can still use some of my favorite products from my personal collection :D. 

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You are absolutely radiant in these pictures! The dress and necklace are fabulous! I have no doubt you'll make a stunning bride! And thanks so much for the detailed discussion of your makeup application; I still have so much to learn in this area! 🙂

Thank you for your kind words, ballerinagrl! You are always so sweet and supportive. 🙂 

<3, Randee

Oh wow, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!  And what a great idea for a wedding shower!!! 

Thank you, heartsmyface! The wedding shower idea wasn't my idea but it was definitely a great one and I think everyone had a good time! 

<3, Randee

Congratulations! You're glowing and look really really happy in all the pictures! 

Thank you, Haley! 🙂 

<3, Randee

Congrats! I hope you had lots of fun 😉

I have a full tube of the LM primer but have yet to touch it.

You just convinced me to give it try!

Looking gorgeous as usual 

Thank you, layne! 🙂 The Laura Mercier primer is amazing. It's actually the only primer I have actually finished and repurchased multiple times. It's perfect! 

<3, Randee

Congrats! You look so pretty. I love your dress and necklace!

Thank you, SDdenm! 🙂 

<3, Randee

Congrats Randee! You're stunning and I do love that white dress 🙂

Thank you, stefanieee! 😄 

<3, Randee

Yay Randee! Congrats! When's the big day?

Love the dress, but you are a very brave woman to wear white to a cooking class!

testing