Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Annabella looks fabulously sultry on you, especially when paired with such grungily defined eyes! You look stunning; this look is fiercely beautiful! 🙂

ok i want to add this because i just discovered a bit 'o somethin. i was refreshing my makeup because after work i'm going somewhere for a bit. knowing this, i have all the stuff i wore today with me, but i left my color tattoo pot. for the record, i'm not super thrilled with it--i love the color, but it doesn't set, on me, the way most cream shadows do. it feels just a bit too thin and slippery. anyway...i left it and even with my lukewarm feelings to it i was bummed. so i grabbed my NARS olympia contour blush and applied it all over my lids and underneath and wow, i love the effect. it's very similar in color to the paint pot (which is "creamy beige", similar to MAC groundwork paint pot if you're familiar with that) and give my lids a very natural but defined/deepened look. i'm posting a pic but i don't even know if you can tell here--which isn't necessarily a bad thing as i want it to be a more natural look. i'm just surprised i've never thought of trying this before--and wanted to share the tip to anyone curious !!

blusheyes.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This look exemplifies true grunge at its best! The original idea was that you'd smear lipstick or blusher around your eyes, as a sort of anti-establishment way of defining them back in 1990 - you nailed it! Gorgeous! 🙂

Annabella is on my loves list too. And then I'm wondering if it is close to the new Bite 003 shade (which I have not purchased...yet)...not expecting you to know that, just thinking out loud. I love the formula of most of my Audacious shades much better than any Bite lipsticks I have (don't shoot me Bite lovers...I'm not a hater, just a liker, LOL!) Anyway, just wish I could know how close they are in color then I might save myself some money!

ANYWAY...the Olympia contour blush, I know you've used this before and I have really been thinking of buying this. I am not into the typical contouring but this compact seems like something I would use routinely. I am quite pale and guess Olympia would be the one but (do I want more color? hmmm...) I think I'd better look at them in the store someday when I get out from under the mountains of snow we have. But I enjoy your looks as always Jemly and you often give me products and ideas to contemplate. Thanks! 🙂

hey jcmb ! funny you mention annabella/bite because my first impressions upon seeing the new bite color was that it was similar to annabella and/or grace from the nars audacious line (i have both, but couldn't quite tell from the online swatches which was closer). annabella and grace are the same tone but different shades, annabella a neutral-to-warm poppy red and grace having more warm pink/coral in it. it's funny because i don't think of grace as a red shade, but rather a BRIGHT and warm coraly pink, but when i wear it i do get comments on my "red" lips, so i guess it's a bit of an in between shade ? or depends, honestly, on how different people perceive the nuances of different colors ?? my point being--if you like the bite color but know you prefer NARS, check out both of those shades 🙂

and olympia, i really love it. it's definitely the color for paler girls. i like that they call it a contour "blush" because it's pigmented enough to be worn as a natural earthy blush as well as looks good as a cheek contour. it's not a traditional contouring powder because it's not grey enough, and i'm not quite sure how it would look used anywhere other than the cheeks, as i haven't tried / am not into hardcore change-your-face contouring. when i was reading the reviews for it i saw a lot of people commenting on how it is too pigmented/colorful/orange (it's not orange IMO but has suggestions of a dusty rose amid earthy brown) but i'd point out to them that it's a product made for the cheeks, to add a bit of natural color to the cheeks while also being the sort of color that can enhance your cheekbones. it comes with a matte highlight but i'm too pale for this to read on my skin at all. i don't feel it's a waste because 90% of the palette is the darker shade.

All good points, thanks. And you must of read my mind about the highlight shade in the NARS contour blush, I don't think the highlight shade from Olympia would show up on me either (but I could always use it to brighten up my lids). I will definitely look at this in store because I am hitting pan on HG Mood lighting which I use sorta like a contour/bronzer surprising enough but the NARS intrigued me so I thought maybe I'd try that instead for awhile And besides, I'm not totally out of Mood yet (can't believe I've hit pan though, I really love it, makes me look like I've actually seen the sun).

And, I did cave and order the Bite 003...but speaking of dupes...NARS Fanny looks exactly like Bite 002 on me (swatched and on my lips).

Beautiful! Annabella is near the top of my list for future Audacious purchases.

annabella is my fave bright red !

Eye Palette - Dior Femme Fleur

Eyeliner - Cle de Peau 102

Blush - Tarte Flush

Face - Burberry Glow

Lips - Chantecaille Artic Rose

image.jpg

That lip color is gorgeous!

Thank you, it's my first time wearing it. I just got it a couple of days ago! 🙂

Are those your real lashes? They're amazing! Love that lip color 🙂

They are lash extensions, I wish they were real 😀

Wow, they really look like your lashes! I was just wondering, "what mascara did she use on those lashes??" They look beautiful!

Thank you so much! It literally took me 4 years to find the lady that does my lashes now. She's the best. I'm so lucky and happy I found her. 🙂

IMG_5142.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

Today I'm wearing:

Face

• HG Veil Mineral Primer
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear in 3W1 Tawny
  • NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger
  • YSL Touche Éclat in 1.5 Radiant Silk + Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener mixed
  • Besame Vanilla Brightening Powder to set YSL TC
  • HG ALP Mood Light
  • NARS Contour Blush in Paloma
  • NARS Almeria Blush
  • MAC Bao Bao Wan Summer Opal Beauty Powder to highlight cheeks
  • MAC Lightscapade to highlight down center of face

(Holy face products, Batman!)

Eyes

• UDPP
  • UD Naked Basics Foxy allover, Naked 2 and Faint in crease, Venus on browbone
  • ColourPop Fairfax on lower lashline
  • Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Volume & Curl

Lips

• MAC Cranberry Lip Pencil
  • The homegirl, NARS Audacious Audrey
  • MUFE Lab Shine D4 dabbed in the center
Anonymous Insider

Love how bright Audrey looks on you - on me she is rather gothic! I'm always stunned by your incredible eyeshadow blending, too; it is just exquisite! 🙂

Thank you ballerina 🙂

Audrey changes on me a little depending on the lipliner I use as well. I used a bright warm pink underneath this time so she came out a little warmer and brighter, other times I'll use a cooler plum or raspberry liner and she ends up looking darker!

Anonymous Insider

Audrey WILL be mine some day. Your lashes are to die for.

You need Audrey! Everybody needs Audrey haha. Thank you Vaashtii 😄

I love everything about this. Audrey is wonderful.

1 Reply
testing