Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Try Feathering your lips with OCC, I'd say their pencil.

Cava looks really nice on you! 

I would suggest a more nude coloured base. Guerlain's Kiss Kiss Uplift is actually a really good primer, even on someone as pale as me, it works. It'll make your lips more skin-coloured, so the colour will show truer!

I will look into this as well. Thank you, kb!

Ouhhhhhhhhhhh, I wanna try this as well! 

I'm not sure I quite understand... Is Feathering the shade, or is this some kind of technique I haven't heard of yet? I used the UD Ozone lip pencil to line and fill in. Does OCC have a pale nude liner pencil?

Anonymous Insider

Feathered is their white shade, they have it in lip tar and pencil. I think Feathered might mix with Cava, so I don't like the idea of saying the tar as a base.

Anonymous Insider

That sounds promising. Thanks for the suggestion; I will look into it! 🙂

there it is !! ok this is going on my wishlist.

did you try applying just a bit of concealer or foundation on your lips before putting on this lipstick ??

You need it! This would look amazing on you! I only exfoliated with Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub just before and lined and filled my lips with UD Ozone lip pencil (the clear one). I need to try some kind of lip foundation with this next... Do you have any recommendations?

oh i just meant your normal foundation / concealer dabbed lightly onto the lips before applying. but i know buxom makes some "lip foundations" (i've never used them) though i always figured they were nude lipsticks and the "foundation" was a marketing term. 

I'll try that with the foundation; now that I have a liquid foundation, that might work out and be a better primer than the lip liner. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to post a photo when I do that.

I curled mine before I used the mascara, did you do that?

This picture is perfect though, you're an angelic vision.

Blackwhiskey-- Would you recommend the Rollerlash? I'm on the fence about it and was just wondering your opinion. 

I just tried it on one eyelash right now. My first impression was wow, I really like that i can actually apply many coats and not have it clump up. I've bought many mascaras that claim that but I still get little lashes stuck together and then the balls of lump at the tips, not cute.. but take a look at this. SAM_1337.JPG

I didn't curl it up, sorry for the weirdness of my eyes. I applied two coats in that picture too. I'm quite satisfied, and apparently you can apply more though I didn't venture that far. I was pleased with these two. Now, I used it today in my look I posted before and even though you can tell in real life, in pictures all you see is my liner and it kind of blocks the look. So I'd recommend this for those looks were you skip out on the liner or at least put a thinner line.. but that's only if you have short lashes like mine. I'd recommend this mascara but it never hurts to order something you want and get the sample from that code. 😄

Anonymous Insider

Okay, so I guess I'll still get it ... nothing to lose really, as I can gift it to a daughter if it doesn't work for me! 😉

Oh my! You've just sold this to me!! 🙈

I will try that next. I never bother curling my lashes because they straighten back out the minute I apply mascara.

same gwen, sometimes i've gotten desperate before and actually curled my eyelashes AFTER mascara. But this seemed to have given me a curl without having to do anything a while ago. I just rolled it on my lashes. I did two separate coats.

for whatever it's worth, when i do curl my lashes, that's how i do it. after mascara. i know it's generally considered a no-no, but if you wait until the mascara is dry, and as long as your eyelash curler doesn't have product on it (that your lashes can stick to), you shouldn't lose lashes. and it holds all day for me. i can't really curl my lashes before now because i feel like it's significantly less effective (though i don't have the greatest eyelash curler to begin with....my beloved one was stolen last year and i never replaced it). 

obviously i'm very cautious. don't rush it.

((edited for grammar because I can't let anything go))

That's how I do it as well when I feel like taking the time to (which is rarely.). I don't recall ever losing any lashes.   

5 Replies
testing