Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Bombshell.   This is a great movie star look!   Everything is so perfectly groomed and balanced!  

You have such lovely lips. This looks wonderful on you.

Gorgeous. That lip color is absolute perfection on you. 

Thank you!

Guess who has two thumbs and actually got some sleep last night.

That's right, this girl. It's crazy. Glitch spend most of the evening cuddled up in my arms instead of getting beaten up by her brother.

Got a lot of product pilling this morning. I'm hoping it's just from winter weather. I am considering trading in my morning moisturizer (Nude Purify) for Korres Pomegranate, While I love Nude, the idea of probiotic skincare, and how quickly it absorbs, if the pilling is due to dryness, then the pomegranate will be more hydrating.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair Beige

3) Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

4) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

6) Urban Decay Naked Palette (Naked, Buck, Dark Horse)

7) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara

😎 Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N9 Copper Pink

IMAG1716.jpgIMAG1717.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is one of those effortlessly groomed and polished looks that would fool most guys into thinking you just rolled out of bed looking this great! I love the way you subtly yet effectively define each of your features, and that rosebud-nude lip is simply adorable! You look gorgeous! 🙂

I'm gonna guess it wasn't me.   I'm happy someone got sleep!  Caffeine!!!!!  Caffeine!!!  I need matcha!  Stat!  

Pilling is so annoying and always seems to happen when there's little time to fix it.   I usually will take a dry dark facecloth and wipe all the pills away and pretty much go over everything with a fresh coat of foundation.   Your skin looks great so it looks Like you've fixed it.  

I think I may snooze another half hour...

I'm trying to cut caffeine entirely. I'm creeping up on 72 hours without it, so I'm coming out of some killer withdrawal.

For pilling, I actually found that my Tarte Powder Player does a fine job removing the pills while I'm putting on my finishing powder. It sweeps them right off without disturbing the rest of my make up. The pilling for me seems mostly superficial, so the foundation in general stays, but gets little balls of product on top of it.

Anonymous Insider

OMG, you're cutting out caffeine?!? I would be dead without the stuff, I'm certain! 😉

Decidedly, I cannot get back to sleep.  

Whaaaat???  I'm a tea addict nowadays.  I do switch back and forth from herbal to caffeinated but I like the caffeine.  My vices are limited so I'm not doping (<that was supposed to say doing but it works!) bad.  You must have the worst headache!!!

i can't help but wanna make the pills worse if I notice them.  They appeared yesterday morning while I was trying out the origins tinted mangosteen something or other sample.  My pills were orange and very dark and everything was blotchy!  

Good luck with your caffeine deprivation!  Are you seriously cutting out chocolate as well? 

My headache is actually getting much better as I edge closer to the 72 hour mark. Three days, and you've beaten physical dependency. 21, and you've broken the habit.

Hah, I already cut chocolate! 

I get a rare type of headache called a cluster headache. Only a tiny fraction of the population gets them, and it's mostly a male ailment. They're the worst, can last any length of time, can happen at any time.. I would much rather have a migraine every day for the rest of my life than another month-long go with one of these. No one knows what causes them, and everyone has a different trigger. Mine are stress and insulin (to be clear, i am not diabetic and therefore do not take artificial insulin; this can more or less be described as an allergy to the substance my body naturally creates). So, while once a week I allow myself to indulge in the finer things of life like chocolate, I normally avoid anything that will give me an insulin response. Fruits, the majority of vegetables, most nuts, sugar, chocolate, bread, most alcohol.. If you're familiar with the Keto diet, that's what it is.

And once in a while, I fall off my wagon. December and the holidays really did me in. *Still* trying to get back onto it 100%, but with lots of OT, there's a distinct lack of willpower. Boss brings in free food.. Well, I've been here for 12 hours, I deserve that d*** donut!

Anonymous Insider

You cut out chocolate AND caffeine?!? I live on these chemicals; they are my staple diet! 😉

Anonymous Insider

Hooray for sleep! Love your eyes and the copper pink looks wonderful. 

Thanks! I'm challenging myself to use my palettes more before buying new ones (I'm really eyeing the new Givenchy quads).

I'm also really starting to love the Rouge artist formula. It's not as hydrating as Tartes, but the color pay off and staying powder is pretty great. And Copper Pink is totally my jam.

I am loving your eyes, and I still adore your hair color.

moi.gif

Aw, thank you!  I'm actually looking forward to my next bleach session to make it a true platinum (whenever my UVB shampoo runs out - that's my indicator).

Face: 

Dr. Brant Pores No More Primer

Laura Mercier Secret concealer in 1

Dr. Jart Black Label BB cream

Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Foundation in Natural Beige

Too Faced bronzer in Sun Bunny

Tarte blush from Rainforest After Dark Palette

Eyes:

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base

Simply Vera Wang Transforming Eyeshadow Duo (darker color)

Nyx Shadow Trio in Love in Rio / No Tan Lines Allowed (all three colors) 

Nyx Nude Matte in Craving

Hourglass Mechanical Gel Liner in Obsidian

UD 24/7 Velvet Liner in Black Velvet

Bare Minerals Lash Domination  in Intense Black

Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit in Arch Alert (3rd color Medium Brown?)

Lips:

Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in So Rouge

Two Faced Perfect Lips in Perfect Red

Nyx Lip Primer in Nude

PhotoPhoto

If that is the new Rouge lippie, now I really want it.  Looks awesome on you.

It is the new Rouge lippy! Its amazing! 

You're eyes look so alluring today!  I like how you've matched your lippy to your top perfectly.  No matter how many colours I get I can never seem to get a match! 

Anonymous Insider

This is a beautifully polished and impeccably groomed look appropriate for life on the Upper East Side, but you've switched it up in the best possible way with this fabulously glamorous statement lip, which I love! I'm also loving your seamless blending of eyeshadow and the way you've defined your eyes with such a skinny band of liner - which is seriously envy inducing! Stunning! 🙂

1 Reply
testing