Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

that lipstick look fantastico on you

Muchas gracias.

That is at the end of a 12-hr day?  You look fabulous!

I mean, to be fair, I reapply my lipstick after lunch. So the lipstick is about 5 hours old here. I guess that NYX setting spray was better than I thought.

You look like you're either saying "Who?  Me?"  All startled, or "Why yes, yes I would like some tea."  In a thick English accent. 

Your makeup held held up very well!  I love the shimmer in the golden brown.  The lippy looks awesome! 

This camera is sucking out my soooooouuuuuul!!!

So this is gross, but I cleaned my Naked 1 with alcohol and it's like it's brand new. The shades have come back to life. I wish I'd done this months ago.

How did you clean it with alcohol? I think I need to do that with my naked 3. 

I poured some isopropyl alcohol into a bowl, then dipped a q-tip into it (not enough to be sopping) and then wiped the q-tip on the shadows. They look wet for a second, but the alcohol evaporates quickly. After I'd finish cleaning the whole palette, I took a tissue and pressed it onto the shadow to clean up any spilled powder or alcohol that didn't evaporate yet.

I tried it first with a color I didn't care for, then waited a day to make sure it didn't ruin it or anything. All it's done is wick off the layer of eyelid grease and other accumulated nastiness that settled on top of the shadow.

Not gross.  I don't think much could survive on eyeshadow anyways or we'd all be suffering from way more eye infections than we do.  It's a good habit to get into spraying you shadows regularly though.  I'm glad your palette is all revived! 

I wish taking off eye makeup was as pain free as taking off lipstick.  I would play in my shadow a lot more than I do.   Thinking of the naked1 palette makes guilt surface in me. 

I've begun taking off my eye makeup like I do my manicures. Soak a cotton pad in remover and press and hold gently on my eyes for several seconds (seems like forever, probably 10 at most). Presto chango, I have to scrub at my lids a lot less.

(What is this startled-deer expression on my face?! LOL)

ha ha ha ha

You are too funny!

Your makeup looks amazing and Adora is beautiful on you.

I Adora it!

Tee hee hee. Let's time travel and go on tour of the Catskills comedy clubs in the '50s.

Haha you look great! But I get it...I feel like my picture from today is kind of awkward. How do you look so good after a 12 hour day! 

I ate a cookie before taking this photo. Gotta keep up my strength. 

Cookies.  For beauty.  

Yeah, we can definitely market them as beauty products.  Cookies make you happy.  Happy makes you smile.  Smiling makes you more beautiful!  

What's your secret?  Mine looks like a disaster by noon!

I'm trying out two setting sprays, UD All Nighter and whatever the NYX dupe is called. I already know I like the UD, so this is the NYX. It's OK, but I don't know that I would repurchase. Unfortunately, I think the pricier one is better, grrrr.

Time for me to bust out that UD bottle tomorrow - thanks!

image.jpgI'm having more fun with my hair today than I am with my makeup.  I just received my last purchase for a while in the mail the Nars dual intensity.  I am a little disappointed but I think it's cause of all the hype surrounding the palette and not because of the palette itself.  The brush is amazing and I will be getting myself more nars tools in the future.  I applied everything dry so maybe that is also where the disappointment lies.  

I'm wearing marc Jacobs understudy and physcians formula happy booster blush in natural.  

I also tried out the blinc mascara today.  So far so good.  Apparrently the real test is washing it off.  Lol.  We'll see. image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

This is an editorial look that belongs on the beauty pages of a fashion magazine! Your hair is fierce, and your eyes and lips are sultry and seductive! I actually love what you've done with the Nars eyeshadow palette, with warm tones toward the tear duct and cool tones toward the wing - it would be a stunning look even if the hair and lips weren't so utterly fabulous! You look beautiful! 🙂 Did the mascara come off okay?

Thanks!!!  Your compliments are ever so nice!  I also took the warmer tone up above the pewter shade to help the transition out a bit.   I haven't tried taking the mascara off yet.  I just got back from the gym.  Soon.  🙂 

1 Reply
testing