Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

How do you get the Bite lipstick to work for you? Mine comes off as soon as I eat anything haha. I finally just put it on over another lipstick and it managed to stick better, but really I don't want to be wearing 5 layers of lip product whenever I use it.

I recite a permanence incantation while applying. 

Haha I have to reapply if I eat anything more than light snacking, but I guess I just consider that normal for any lipstick. I don't find that it migrates or feathers on me at all though. And it applies really smoothly with just one swipe around the lips. All I do to prep is put on some lip balm before I start doing my makeup so it has time to soak in. I'm not sure what the magic is with mine, but I'm not arguing. 

Anonymous Insider

I'm so glad this lipstick works for SOMEONE, it's too pretty to be a complete waste! It looks AWESOME on you! 

I agree! I'm just so sad that it was a mess for so many people. Everyone should be able to enjoy it. 

I saw the photo before I saw it was the much maligned Bite lipstick, and I immediately thought it looked great on you. I'm glad it's working for you. 🙂

Thank you!

No photo today and a related public service announcement: don't get Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow in your eyeballs. 😉

Oh god, I've done that. I've gotten Best In Faux fibers, too. Rinse with saline periodically, and the irritation should start to fade.

Best of luck!

Luckily I wear contacts, so the contact took the brunt of the hit. 🙂

Yeah, I wear them too. They've saved my eyes from bleach a number of times. They won't save you from the Best In Faux bits, though. That was a nightmare.

Lesson to take away from this: Don't wear Tartes Best in Faux.

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4398.JPG

Sorry for the off-center deer-in-headlights picture, but I just got my new Marc Jacobs Lip Creme a few hours ago and put it on really quick! My look is the same as yesterday but the lips are Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Je T'aime and theBalm Instain blush in Toile.

Maybe a little more like Raspberry Rum Mojito

bacardi-raspberry-mojito-premix.jpg

Not as good as straight rum

....however, that Je T'aime color is much prettier

@ malday- after about 3 hours of wearing the MJ lip creme I felt like it wore more like a lip stain than a lipstick. The color (although a bit faded) stuck around for a loooong time but the finish did not. Just wondering if you had this same experience?

I feel like that's the case with most non-matte lipsticks on me. Generally the color will stick, but it'll "dry down" a bit and becomes less creamy/glossy. I didn't get to wear it for too long yesterday, but I'll let you know today how the finish fared on me 🙂

I don't really get rum or raspberry from this, but what a stunning color!

I can see the raspberry, not sure about the rum haha

Maybe they want you to add your own rum. 

Love that color! I'm looking forward to trying out the new formula. 

Thanks almostyou! I think one of the Feb point perks will be one of these in the shade Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I'm in India waiting for a client to arrive, so I just popped in, and was blown away by this gorgeous flirtatious lip! Utterly fabulous, and I've never really looked at Marc's lipsticks before, so maybe I should! 🙂

Thank you ballerina!

testing