Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today Pt2

Starting a new thread since the old one was taking too long to load. 

Please share your looks and products for what you are wearing today here 

915a4e24eb5c4590ee5f2e5f65bc4fd2_w200.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Re: What are you wearing today Pt2

@heartsmyface  I love this trend!!! I agree on not plucking I still have lack of eyebrows from over plucking in the 90s - 2000s

@ather  I like to call myself a late bloomer though the truth is I was just opposed to pain.😅  My friend plucked mine once at her glace in the 90’s cause ‘she couldn’t stand it any longer’ I was in TEARS.  Actually we were both in tears laughing cause she insisted on finishing and I was so jumpy, sneezy and was making sadist/ masochiste comments while cornered and trying to escape. Haha, I obviously didn’t keep it up.  

@heartsmyface  That’s such a blessing for your brows!!!! Growing up my mom owned a franchise of Merle Norman and she had  esthetician and I use to get free waxing lol 😂 didn’t work in my favour!! 

@ather @Free waxing sounds like torture but also I can see where it would be beneficial.  I bet you got to skip the whole right of passage of getting burned by Nair.  

@heartsmyface  Hahaha. I wish. I tried nair because I didn’t like waxing and I didn’t like shaving. I left it on way too long. I barely can grow hair on my legs now! 

Gorgeous look!! @heartsmyface love your eyes 🤩

You look amazing! @heartsmyface 😻 

@heartsmyface you wear hats so well! Where do you get them?

You win all the points for this look, @heartsmyface !  Any time spent on your skin for this look was worth it!

So beautiful hearts!! @heartsmyface 

Your skin is soo even and radiant @heartsmyface what was your base today? ( Or skin care prep ) I want this kind of lit from within look happening in my life. 😉

And the lippie color, it's fantastic on you lady! 

@CynthieLu  Thanks. Skin care prep was a Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads Kate Somerville Face the Glow and Dior Capture Youth Serum Collection ##I used  Ben Nye peach colour corrector for my undereyes,  Ben Nye Green colour corrector for any redness around my nose and cheeks. Then a thin layer of Kosas skin revealer foundation tapped over top.  Laura Mercier translucent setting powder mixed with Ben Nye strawberry powder (to make a more peachy neutral tone) pressed into my skin lightly using a beauty blender until there are no traces of powder.  I use a 20x magnifying mirror to do this in cause if I can barely see flaws in the 20x mirror then it looks flawless unmagnified.  

Then I used Too Faced Too Faced Peach Frost Melting Powder Highlighter – Peaches and Cream Collection Happy Face pressed in with the beauty blender and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Highlighter Bronze applied very lightly for subtle shimmer. 

Ooh you have the base application down to an art. I appreciate that break down of everything so much. 🙏 Thank you for that!  @heartsmyface 

Ahhh I want too invest in a color corrector every time you've mentioned it to me. It looks so good the way you used it. It is flawlessly applied, that mirror tip  definitely works 🤩🤩

@CynthieLu  Oh yeah you should!  Colour correctors help you use less makeup overall and a thinner base is more budgeproof than thicker layers of makeup.  
If you don’t have a colour corrector on hand you can use a peach lipstick for dark circles and you can mix matte green eyeshadow into a concealer to neutralize redness. 

Using less makeup, that's a good bonus. @heartsmyface 

I really do want to try one. 😍

I'm looking at the one by Stila, it had better reviews than some of the others. Choosing one, that's the tricky part. 😉

stila Correct & Perfect All-In-One Color Correcting Palette 0.45 oz./12.9 g 

@CynthieLu  The Stila one is absolutely wonderful for fair skin.  The shades aren’t great if you’re any darker than medium at most.  It goes on so smoothly (it’s got the consistency and coverage of the Smashbox Smashbox X Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector Fair/Light if that helps.  If you’re newer to colour correcting it’s a great way to try out a lot of correcting options.  I’ve been through two of this palette though unevenly.  My qualm with it is all due to my own colour correcting needs which I found out using this palette.  I go through the green and the peach at a much faster rate than any of the other shades so I end up wasting the rest of the palette when I replace it after panning those two shades.  
I do prefer the formula of the Stila over the Ben Nye for thé undereye area for its creaminess, but the Ben Nye allows me to buy the shades I use most in larger pans.   

Thank you for that 🙏 @heartsmyface I'm very fair so I think that it would be  a good match for me. I wasn't sure about the other shades in it either but I'm willing to experiment. 😉

If I get one, I'll most likely save it as a thought for a spring sale purchase.   

@heartsmyface Love you and all of the trends you rock! That lip shade is stunning on you. You look effortlessly gorgeous!

@Mellmars1185  Aw thanks!  I LOVE thé shadow liner trend!  It’s very easy for people intimidated by liquid eyeliner.  I want to try it with different colours even though the current trend is more neutral based.  It feels very 90s. 
The lip is a combo of MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 610 Versatile Chestnut and Dominique Cosmetics Nude Rose. 
Ha I wish it were effortless.  it takes 30-40minutes of effort to look effortless! 🤗

@heartsmyface Thanks for sharing the technique. Ohhh I don't have Versitle Chestnut but I have it in my loves. I love the MUFE liners. I am going to look up shadow liner.

@Mellmars1185  It’s just using eyeshadow as eyeliner.  So instead of using a liquid eyeliner you create your wing with an eyeshadow.  It’s a softer look than using liquid eyeliner and also much more forgiving if you have eye texture or an unsteady hand.  

25,165 Replies
testing