Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today Pt2

Starting a new thread since the old one was taking too long to load. 

Please share your looks and products for what you are wearing today here 

915a4e24eb5c4590ee5f2e5f65bc4fd2_w200.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Re: What are you wearing today Pt2

I love your smile here!! So inviting 🤗 you look amazing @JoSometimes 

Aww that’s so sweet of you to say @lmaster! 😊

@JoSometimes  Glad you found a tinted moisturizer that works for you! Mixing foundation and moisturizer is one of my fav ways to bring a foundation less full coverage! Glad it didn’t separate or pill! 

@ather So glad I found a video showing that you could mix them. I would have never thought to try it!

I love natural looks and you look UHmazing @JoSometimes ! Have you tried the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation ? I remember you said you have sensitive skin but I used this and it's so lightweight and comfortable to wear AND it hides the dry patches pretty well (hydrating). I still haven't bought the Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Skin Barrier Redness Recovery Moisturizer 1.86 oz / 55 ml 🙃.... but I keep getting reminded.... 🤭😂

@JoSometimes I think we can safely eliminate some of these shades and I only need to solicit 6 shade samples LOL I am 15 Melrose and for reference I'm Mario W3/Haus Labs 100/Estee Lauder Sand/MAC NC25 🤣

1000010224.jpg

@JoSometimes, here are some swatches of the following Tower 28 Beauty shades compared to Sephora Collection Best Skin Ever 28.5N (described as being a match for medium skin with yellow undertones) in store lighting and natural outdoor lighting.

25 - Ocean Park (described as medium with warm undertones)

30 - PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) (described as medium with yellow undertones)

35 - Point Dume (described as medium with neutral undertones)

These were the closest matches in the Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation when swatched. I also swatched 40 Runyon (described as tan with olive undertones) but that is much darker than the Sephora Collection BSE Foundation in the 28.5N shade. There's a new shade, 38 Ponoma (described as medium with golden undertones), but my Sephora store does not carry that shade. There's a Credo store that may carry it, but I wouldn't be able to compare it to the Sephora Collection shade.

Indoor Store Lighting:

Tower 28 Beauty (25 and 30) - Indoor Store LightingTower 28 Beauty (25 and 30) - Indoor Store Lighting

Tower 28 Beauty (25 and 35) - Indoor Store LightingTower 28 Beauty (25 and 35) - Indoor Store Lighting

Outdoor Natural Light

Tower 28 Beauty (25 and 30) - Outdoor Natural LightingTower 28 Beauty (25 and 30) - Outdoor Natural Lighting

Tower 28 Beauty (25 and 35) - Outdoor Natural LightingTower 28 Beauty (25 and 35) - Outdoor Natural Lighting

My skin tone is very similar to @jaaayp. I wear 15 Melrose in the Tower 28 SunnyDays (this is one of my favorite base products and one of a few that I've repurchased). I can, at the height of the summer months (so, now) IF I've gotten some sun, wear 20 Mullholland. 

Oh my gosh thank you @itsfi! You were so thorough in swatching. This is so helpful!

Happy to help @JoSometimes! Hoping it’s not too challenging to get your hands on the Tower 28. It’s such a beautiful formula; what a bummer that the SPF keeps it out of Canada or makes it a lot more difficult to get a hold of. 

@jaaayp I’m going to DM you! I feel bad for taking up all the space here. 

Aww thanks @jaaayp!

And nooo! They used to have it for sale but pulled it off the shelves before I could find my shade. I did some digging and it might be due to the SPF in it. Sunscreen is  heavily regulated here and they probably got in trouble over some part of it. 

@JoSometimes 😮😱 US is laxed. They don't care what we slap on our face.. if you wanna try it, lemme know, I'll be happy to send you one 😊 or if you're not ready to commit, a sample of it that I can probably loiter from sephora 🤣

@jaaayp You’re so kind! I appreciate the offer and I’d totally take you up on the offer if I could somehow shade match. 

I'm sure I can solicit all colors @JoSometimes master solicitor over here 😂

@jaaayp I can already see you trying not to look sus while you try to solicit all the entire shade range. 🤣

There are many employees at sephora and im sure they'll understand if I solicit 2 shades from each employee 😎 @JoSometimes I have gotten 9 shades of foundation at sephora once and yes, I looked very sus 😎 

@jaaayp Don’t tempt me! This would be the longest time spent shade matching in the history of shade matching though. 😆

Great idea @JoSometimes ! 😃 You have to get the benefits !!

Thank you @Saradestin! I totally agree. I got the idea from a YouTube video. I get my skincare and some coverage. 

@JoSometimes  This looks great!  If Ilia is giving you so much skin problems throw it away 👎.  Since your skin feels so much better now since you made your combo then keep it up.  You’re right that you can adjust as needed.  But this entire look is lovely 🥰 

@Cissy63 I’m so glad they started offering to make tiny samples of products off the shelf again! They gave me a a few days worth to try and after two days of being really itchy, I think I can say it’s not for me. 

25,221 Replies
testing