Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

What are you currently trying/testing?

Greetings everyone!  Hope everyone is having a positive summer so far.  As the title says, what are you currently trying or testing?  My response is down below. 

Even on a limited buying period, I was able to sneak in one Armani Eyes To Kill intense eye shadow.  Overall, it's fun to play with.  Personal preference is to pick up the product with a clean finger and apply.  Seems to work better that way first.  Then going in with a brush if needed.  It can be used underneath or on top of other eye shadows to create unique color effects.  This has been one of my go tos for lazy eye makeup or to amp up a look this summer.  The only downside:  price.  Although debatable since there seems to be a lot of packed product in the jar. 

Typically, tampering with my skincare usually ends up being disastrous.  However since I was borderline on free shipping (verge of the total being 50 anyway) from Shu Uemura, I decided to give the Ultime8 cleansing oil a try.  Helps there was a discount promotion too. 

So far not too bad.  I am also wondering if the ingredients are actually beneficial or just marketing hype.  Not sure if I would buy again (tend to like the performance and price of the A/I formula better).  If all else fails, I can use the Ultime8 for the body instead.  It's only been a day so far so maybe my mind will change from there. 

Re: What are you currently trying/testing?

I couldn't agree more with Keely, Wen is definitely a winner for me too! Since using my starter kit I've noticed that my hair is softer and insanely hydrated. My hair has been growing like crazy since I started using it about two months ago. My hair stylist was really impressed with how healthy my hair was during my last visit.

Clinique - Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

I just started using Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Corrector earlier this week. It typically takes around 4 weeks to see an improvement in dark marks, but I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the progression once I start seeing results!

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Wow, you all just gave me more ideas on what I'd like to try!  I just dyed my hair a super light brown/almost blonde, so like Janine, I'll be keeping a bottle of the Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade Proof Fluide nearby.  Especially since I've been spending a lot of time poolside with my kids!

ALTERNA - Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide 

The other product I'm trying to get used to is the Benefit Hello Flawless Liquid Foundation in 'Cheers To Me' Champagne.  Its a bit light for me, but it gives a night light coverage for day use.  I just have to make sure I contour properly to give me a bit of a "fresh out of the sun" glow!  Hopefully it stays in my makeup rotation Smiley Happy

Benefit Cosmetics - 'Hello Flawless!' Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation

xo, Mia

I recently acquired a sample of Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector. Even though it's too soon for results, I'm convinced that my expression lines are beginning to soften Smiley Happy

I havent tested new skincare items for a really long time now and today I've started testing out Tata Harper products! I'm so excited!! I have the resurfacing mask on right now. Its my first time trying it, I have to leave it on for 20-30 minutes.

The sales woman at Neiman Marcos was *very* generous, I had quite a chat with her about natural products and showed great interest in the brand and she gave me a handful of samples yay!! Tata Harper products are not cheap so I'm very thankful that I get to try a few samples to see if I like it first. I think the mask is the cheapest thing in the skincare line (55 bucks but you only get 1 oz)..everything else costs a lot more. I might try one of the face creams after I wash off the mask....I want to try the Repairative Moisturizer first because its for dry skin and my skin has been a bit dry lately.

SO excited!!!!

I've also been testing out my 100 point perks from Sephora: MUFE eyeliner and MUFE HD setting powder.

I just bought some items last night.I bought the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette. I'll be sure to post about it when it comes in the mail. 

I've been testing bb creams. My newest ones are the Rimmel and the Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox.

Dr. Jart+ - Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

So far, so good. These are the best ones I have found for oily skin.

I'm currently testing some skincare products and was wondering how long is generally a good time to give skincare to see if it works or not? I'm just finishing day 4 of the Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders 7 day trial Sephora gave VIB/Rouge in store, as well as on day 2 of a sample container of Dream Cream from Lush. I HATE both of them. The Ole Henriksen leaves my face feeling greasy for 4 hours after I apply it and the Dream Cream is greasy all day (plus it smells disgusting). However, the gross feeling (and smell) would be worth it if I saw some improvement. On my face, I've got fine and deep lines, some uneven skin tone and some redness in my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose, occasional acne and large-ish pores. On my arms (where I'm using the Dream Cream), I've got KP. I haven't seen any improvement yet in either. I've told myself I should use up both samples, but if there's no hope after a certain point I certainly don't want to keep using them. 

That being said, any recommendations that might sink in a little better? I've used pretty cheap moisturizers up until this point (Aveeno and Jergens are on my nightstand at the moment) but I never had problems with them leaving me greasy like this more expensive stuff does. 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • OPI and Zoya.jpg