Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS !

i have a secret love of watching vintage beauty ads, but i just came across these tutorials and i had to share. i can't get enough. i love how some advice is clearly very dated, and some is undeniably timeless ! 

1930s

1940s

1950s (i'm having trouble finding a proper 50s one)

1960s

Re: VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS !

These are so much fun! I love looking at these videos in addition to vintage paper ads. I used to have a bunch saved, but I must have deleted them. A quick google search yielded these...

a few years ago someone i worked for gave me some edwardian-era harpers magazines (i think one was 1908ish and the other 1912ish ?). they were the most extraordinary things.

Wow, I bet! 

I love things like that, jemly! One of my favorite vintage finds is a 1932 edition of the Vogue Book of Beauty. Some of it is still so relevant and accurate, some of it isn't, but it's such an interesting read. I'm at work now, but I can try to post pictures when I'm at home. I also have a 1935 edition of a dress / manners / etiquette book for people in high school, which is equally amazing. Smiley Wink 

This was awesome to watch. And wow, I recognize some of the 60's techniques that Wayne Goss talked about in his YT videos.

oh i like this one because it's a bit of a product-trend right now, such as the NARS shadow pencils, LAURA MERCIER caviar sticks and the CHARLOTTE TILBURY colour chameleon eyeshadow pencils....

Speaking of shadow crayons, I just saw today that L'Oreal came out with new Infallible Shadow Crayons. I'm interested in these because I LOVE the Infallible eye shadows. I guess they came out last month, but I haven't seen them yet in my local stores. Are you a fan of them, Jem?

i haven't seen or tried them ! so let me know what you think once you get your hands on them ??

You bet! I'm probably going to get the rose gold one, the gold, taupe and emerald. I think I have enough points at Walgreens to get a few for free. I'll report back! Smiley Happy

These are darling! Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted

I love how the dog is watching and there are cut aways to him in the 60s video. The narrator in that one was so serious and matter of fact about her guidelines. I laughed a bit when she was talking about blemishes and stated "a healthy diet and cleanliness can often prevent them." It made me think of the saying "cleanliness is next to godliness!" 

I love this thread!

"Sue avoids red nail polish since it will call attention to her stubby hands...."

ha ha ha

The Suwannee Lady...is she not the cutest?

Not from the 40's, but she sure does a great job at emulating it...

'

Is it me or do all of these reds look identical?

looks rough !

All that powder. Eeek!

LOVE this thread!! I love all things vintage. When I joined BT I sought out a vintage beauty ad to use as my avatar! =0) 

ahahahahahhaha

"so smooth"

"so moist"

"so creamy" 

I couldn't stop laughing. xD 

I had the same reaction. I thought it was pretty suggestive, which made me laugh.

LOL. why are there so many explosions in the background? It sounded like Michael Bay directed it.

wow holy phallic batman.

This is ridiculously fabulous! I have decided that I am a 1950s socialite in a teenager's body. I am so obsessed with vintage starlets, I have a pinterest board dedicated to them. I dream to be nearly as beautiful as them. I yearn to be more like Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall, and my all time favorite, Audrey Hepburn. I am tempted to follow some of these tutorials! I have an urge to buy powder now, after watching these! Which are some of the best options? Besides the MUFE hd powder, of course. 

well, BESAME COSMETICS is a brand that devotes itself to vintage nostalgia and charm. and sephora carries their powder ! so it may be perfect for you.........

I use this, love, love, love this product!

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • berrybonbon.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • mrclean.gif
  • IMG_0280.JPG