cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

Here is what I used this past week! 

I loved the Farmacy Honey Potion mask, Josie Maran Body Butter, and the UD Primer in Eden. The rest was just okay. * I do like the FAB Ultra Repair Cream- I have a ton of foils of this to go through, so it will be appearing each week lol.

3FE546DE-6CA3-4B81-9856-789AA3542E56.jpeg

thanks for starting this thread. it is keeping me honest...

thanks for starting this thread. it is keeping me honest in my quest to use up the tons of samples/foils I have.

I too have things I really like

I too have things I really like

Re: thanks for starting this thread. it is keeping me honest...

Thank you for participating @CorgiMommy! 😊

I am trying my best to use things up, and going through the foils has been kind of fun. So far I have been pleasantly surprised by a few things I was not sure I’d like! 

This week I used 20 foils/samples up. Unfortunately I fee...

This week I used 20 foils/samples up. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon and received 12 new foils/samples. Totals YTD 35 foils/samples used 12 new ones received.

Cross posting this. Did some traveling and love to use fo...

Cross posting this. Did some traveling and love to use foils because they are so easy. About 30ish foils used.

Re: Cross posting this. Did some traveling and love to use fo...

I ageee @Lazybeautybeast I discovered last year that the foil samples that I used to find annoying are the very best for carry on laigage since you can fit a ton more of the foils in the 1 quart bag that’s allowed for liquids. The cute deluxe sample mini jars and tubes are way to bulky. I used to love the deluxe mini skin care but now I’m trying to use those all up. Now when I pick my 3 free samples I’m picking skincare staples.

I really like this challenge @angel7594 because I’ve been working on using up my hoarded collection of deluxe samples since last year and I still have a ton but I’m getting there.

Re: Cross posting this. Did some traveling and love to use fo...

I love using my samples when traveling, too! I also convert the water glasses in the hotel bathrooms into brush holders 🤗

lol @JessyAnne. Foils are so great for traveling! I had a...

lol @JessyAnne. Foils are so great for traveling! I had all my open samples and my toothbrush in the glasses at one point. Hopefully housekeeping didn't judge me.

Re: lol @JessyAnne. Foils are so great for traveling! I had a...

Haha @Lazybeautybeast, I’m pretty sure I get some housekeeping eye rolls now and again 😂

I like to save up my foil samples for when I travel, since one sample = one day. 

What a great challenge!  I finally am reaching a point where I can stash all my foils into one little tin which is a vast improvement from my situation two years ago.  I’m on board with this challenge.  I’m also trying to minimize my deluxe samples:) @angel7594

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

I’m joining this challenge!!!

Here’s what I used this fall 

335E05C9-7CEE-406D-809B-8146FFDBD0C4.jpeg5E09764C-1C73-4C0B-8C92-22F863FA190C.jpeg91A56939-8B84-4FD4-B487-FA930CC70DE3.jpeg

How that is really impressive!

How that is really impressive!
Anonymous Insider

Wow @howconnie, impressive!

Here is what I have used thus far, I need to try and use way more foils the last few weeks!!!

09DAA9E6-E9A3-4C6D-88BB-933AF494AA88.jpeg

I loved the Verb- smells so fresh!, the Bum Bum cream, and the Philosophy Miracle Worker. The rest was just meh.

I love the Bum bum cream!

I love the Bum bum cream!

I think I should join. I keep most of my samples for travel, but still have a lot I'm hoarding for some reason! 

IMG_1098.jpg

I traveled a lot before I retired so my samples/foils sta...

I traveled a lot before I retired so my samples/foils started adding up. That is my motivation for using them up. Posting every week should keepme honest. My goal is to use more samples then I receive this year; only on week three so we will see what happens.

Me, too, @Aaliaa!  I used to travel a lot for work but it has slowed down, so now my stash is building up.

4 Replies
testing