Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Welcome to the second year of the challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join at anytime. ❤️

Post your used samples daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. Feel free to suggest any sub- challenge ideas.

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@itsfi  OMG I know the feeling!!!!  Same thing here!  I was determined to finish some stuff but when it doesn't work it doesn't work... so I'll toss the little that's left and put the other mini I have in my box for donations. I usually have multiples of the same stuff so it's trying to get through all of them that can be difficult because I want to get to new things. 😄  At least it gives me a good idea of the product!

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

You guys! I have to post this urgent challenge update. I finished the Bobbi Brown Primer Plus Radiance spf 35 today. I was using it as sunscreen this week bc I didn’t read the name carefully. Also, I don’t use primer so I might not have tried it if I didn’t think it was spf. No breakouts for my sometimes acne prone skin btw. Anyway, my dear hubby, who has never complimented my skin said, “your face is glowing. Your skin looks beautiful!” Wow. So this is a love now. It has the tiniest amount of a pearl sheen. Good stuff. I shoulda tried it under makeup but I didn’t know! Thanks for reading.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Ohhhh, this one sounds nice @christyrc! Gotta love a product that garners compliments like that! ❤️

Love those compliments @christyrc, especially when they are rare gems! Yay for a new beauty l💖!

That is so exciting @christyrc!

@angel7594  Thanks for doing this thread!! I hope to start posting my foils because I've found some great products by using my foils!! Imagine that!!😉😊

My hope is to use all of my foils minus the lip ones since I have some lofty panning goals for lip products.

Skincare:

20190105_221617.jpg

Spoiler

7 total items

Eye Cream

• Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter
  • Lancome Visionnaire Eye Correction
  • belief Moisturizing Eye Bomb

Moisturizer

• belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb
  • Caudalie Moisturizing Sorbet

Other

• belif Hungarian Water Essence
  • Son&Park Beauty Water

Makeup:

20190105_221417.jpg

Spoiler

11 total items

Foundation

• First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint
  • Sephora Collection 10hr wear perfection foundation

Concealer

• NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - maybe use darker shades for bronzer/contour?
  • Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

Primer

• touch in Sol No Pore Blem Primer
  • Benefit Porefessional
  • J.One Jelly Pack

Lip

• Givenchy Le Rouge A Porter in N104 Beige Floral x4

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Good luck everyone, I did this for a year and discovered lots of stuff I love. I am onto a new resolution this year. I will say this was very satisfying.

Samples (deluxe + foils) I used up in Nov / Dec:

Loves

669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg

No to these two- the Nars Powermatte is too drying for me, and the Kiehl’s mask made my face irritated.

347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg

Good to know about the Kiehl's @angel7594! Thx!

I think we have some similar samples @angel7594. I used my yuzu mask and plan to try the micellar gel foaming cleanser this year.

Excited to use up my foils in 2019. Thanks for posting @angel7594!

I tried to tag eshoe as well, but cannot for some reason. 😞

I've had the problem before so let's see if I can help. @eshoe

Got it, thank you for the tag @ShortErica, and thank you @angel7594 for starting this thread again! It’s one of my favorites😊

I will do my very best to come and post here when I'm done my samples/minis. It's one thing I hope to get done this year! Thanks for starting a thread again @angel7594 🙂

@veronika23 Yay! Thank you for joining! ❤️

I need to really use up my stuff this year, I didn’t meet my goal in 2018. 

Me neither!  I really hope I can get this done. 😄 @angel7594

144 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • 669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg
  • 347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg
  • 20190105_221617.jpg
  • 20190105_221417.jpg
  • IMG_3915.JPG
  • 3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg
  • I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.
  • Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.
testing