Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Welcome to the second year of the challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join at anytime. ❤️

Post your used samples daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. Feel free to suggest any sub- challenge ideas.

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Every morning @itsfi that’s a great run. I’d like to work up towards that just to be able to use it everyday, it’s so lovely!

It was a very nice way to start my day @eshoe. 😃

I used two more foils this month, which is a real high for me!  I tried The Un-Scrub by Paula's Choice:

Image result for paula's choice unscrub sample

It's a very nice scrub, but not for me as I prefer gritty scrubs.  This one started out good, but the beads dissolved more quickly than I would have liked, which limited how much action I could get out of them.  However, I would recommend it for most people that are looking for a scrub that is "just right."

I am IN LOVE with the RESIST Brightening Essence by Paula's Choice.

Image result for paula's choice resist brightening essence sample

I must admit that I thought essences were kind of gimmicky - until I tried this.  My skin is so radiant and plump that I can't believe it!  I got at least 6 uses out of the foil, and there was still more left.  I purchased the full size before I was even done with the foil, though - that's how much I like it!

I love the brightening essensentooo I’m on my third bottle @greeneyedgirl107 

I'm impressed @jen81 !

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Hi, Foil Sample Friends! I had a great week of samples. I’ve been participating in the challenge for six months now, and I’ve worked thru a lot of the random stuff (Rando Foils). Now I’m working on stuff I REALLY WANT to try out and it’s awesome. The O H C Rush Brightening Gel Creme was everything I look for in a moisturizer, plus the bonus of vitamin C of some kind (sorry I did not research which variety it is). It felt immediately hydrating, like my skin was a thirsty, dry sponge, sucking up the hydration. The hydration lasted all day and the product did not break me out or cause any probs with my rosacea. I definitely think my skin looked brighter. Plus it smelled like an orange creamsicle. I loved the gel like consistency. Life got even better when I added the DE B hydra. It’s a nice hydrating Serum but honestly I’m on the fence about whether it will be a purchase. I feel like those hydrating properties should ALREADY be in the perfect moisturizer, right? Why does my serum of choice need to be something that should already be in the moisturizer? So, IDK. We’ll see. I’ve been loving my time with the Tatcha Violet C Brightening Serum. I think I’ve been using it three weeks now (forgive me if this is repetitive). At first I was applying it night and day (didn’t read the instructions lol). No apparent harm, though. I think my skin looked brighter right away. Maybe bc I was using it twice as frequently as I should?? Anyway, it’s fairly unscented or low-scented, not sticky, absorbs quickly, and works well with other products. I did not experience any sensitivities, despite my overuse. Liked the Bad Gal Bang mascara but didn’t feel it was a standout. Just middle of the road. I did not feel like my lashes were separated as much as I would hope for. It just made them black. I have no idea what fabulous properties it’s supposed to have but I did not find it compelling enough to purchase.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

The reason DE has a separate "B" serum is because if you have oily skin, you don't need it.  I really appreciate the fact they focus on a few great products that work very well together, and don't have 3 or 4 lines, each of which have 5 - 40 products. When DE comes out with something new you can make a choice whether you need it.  BTW, unless you  go to a site like "Beautypedia"  it's difficult to know exactly what ingredients are in what.  They tell you in laymen's terms. And there are always far more health ingredients than they advertise .I have no affiliation with Beautypedia, except I check there site before I buy anything.  Certain fragrant oils can cause "later" damage just like the sun, smoking, the environment and any thing suspicious or cancer causing.  I've read all of the information DE has put out and there philosophy is so different.  There are a list of ingredients they don't use in anything because they are the cause of most skin problems.  I am hoping DE comes out with an Essence one of these days.  I use Tatcha's and SKII's. Because it gives the skin a silky feeling, you only need 1/2 to 1/3  of the products you use after the Essence. Also, the products you use after sink in faster  and deeper.

I am sure DE will come out with one at some point.  Sometimes it takes a while for her to do her own thing to make sure the ingredients are safe.

@christyrc Awesome products! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best,

Rebecca

@christyrc  Thanks for the detailed reviews

@christyrc, that OH Gel Creme sounds wonderful - all day hydration is a definite plus! I'm sure I have a sample of this one; will have to look for it asap.

Thank you again for this challenge @angel7594!

16EDBC8D-F820-42B5-9C50-FCB4EC19BCE9.jpeg

Spoiler
Of all my empties this week, of COURSE the photo with the best product I tried is blurry. The Glossier Moisturizing Primer is amazing. I squeezed almost 4 uses out of this tiny sample. It’s a buildable, moisturizing primer that made my life soooooooo easy when I was in a flurry with unexpected company, activities and family. I’ve already ordered the FS and it will be here this week. For reference, I normally use the Tatcha Silk Primer and Becca Velvet Blurring something or other. They are both excellent but while the Tatcha gives my skin a dewy look, I don’t always have the time to dedicate to the tedious application. It’s going to become more of a special occasion primer to me this year as life continues to get busier and busier. Meanwhile the Glossier gives me the glow I’m looking for without the work and it’s buildable. And moisturizing. And Sephora when will you carry Glossier because there are so many products I want to try😄

The UD Perversion mascara is fine, I just have SO many mascaras to use up and this started to dry after about a month’s use. Great for quick applications when I didn’t have time for mascara primer. The bliss Mighty Marshmallow is a fun mask, probably great for the tween set. Fun mask that requires zero thought.

The PTR is not my cup of tea, pumpkin scents aren’t either😉 Now just waiting for my Glossier package to arrive! @bakeamuffin for the Glossier review;)

@eshoe Awesome empties 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you so much @RebeccaBT, this thread is fun, love it👍🏼!

@eshoe  can you tell me your perfect way of application for this "Tatcha Silk Primer ". I want to try it but don't know how to use it 🙂

@naturalooks15 @after scooping a small amount into the little disc, I remove a bit with my middle and ring finger and tap-tap-tap it onto my skin. It’s like a stippling process. I may brush a bit on in between the tapping so that it’s a blend of both. It takes some time, which I don’t mind when I have it!

Thanks @eshoe . This helps. I will try it now. 

I find if I try to swipe too much it leaves streaks @naturalooks15. And pills. I have to gently coax it where I need it to go😉

I'v used Tatcha's Primer for a year.  The secret is to seriously minimize how much u need.  I find lightly patting it, with a little rubbing to even it out works well.  I recently found out you can use it to prime your eyes and it seems to work well.  I love it. I have a lot of primers but haven't used any others since Tatcha's came on the market.

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

OMG, I’m always switching around and trying new things, but the Glossier priming moisturizer, milky jelly cleanser, and boy brow have been my staples for 3 years. I stock up during their once-a-year Black Friday sale since the store is always packed.

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

They hav a big sale starting today and running for a few weeks.. Today it's 20% for Rouges, (just like the November Sale) 15% coming soon, and 10%for Insiders a little later on.  Just check the website, or a mailing you have received, or an email, or the store itself.

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@eshoe unfortunately, it’s the only sale all year! I stockpile like crazy. If you’ve never ordered anything, I or anyone else can give you a referral code, but I’m assuming you’ve already gotten something in order to get the sample.
144 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • 669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg
  • 347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg
  • 20190105_221617.jpg
  • 20190105_221417.jpg
  • IMG_3915.JPG
  • 3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg
  • I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.
  • Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.
testing