Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Welcome to the second year of the challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join at anytime. ❤️

Post your used samples daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. Feel free to suggest any sub- challenge ideas.

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Go for it @tsavorite! 😊 It’s been a great way to remind me to use my foils. I have another one of my DS. Being able to see them does wonders for remembering to use them. 😂 Not sure why I ever thought keeping them in a shoebox in the closet was a good idea. 🤪 Yup, sometimes I amaze myself with ideas like that. Hahaha! 😂🤣😂

@itsfi I'll do it with you!  Good luck.  I like my little colorful packets, but they're taking over my space.  I need to understand that they're not Pokemon cards and I need to USE them to see if I like the product.  😄

It is a great way to find brands you wouldn't think you w...

It is a great way to find brands you wouldn't think you would like. I discovered Kiehl's lady year by using up my foils and deluxe samples. good luck.

Yaaaay!! It would be so much fun to do this with you @tinobiscuits!! 😃 

I so know what you mean about using them in order to know if they’re worth purchasing. LOL! 🤣 Okay, how did I not know that there were Pokémon cards?! Of course they exist. 

Recently used foils:

Loves- I will definitely consider purchasing. My favorite was the Biossance eye gel, very soothing for my sensitive eyes.

29003A68-B603-41F3-AF06-4EFD7DB5EB4E.jpeg

Not for me- All of them broke me out. 😞

BC850593-7E58-486C-B33F-22FC675DE742.jpeg

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

The only foil sample I tried this month that was new for me was the Coola Mineral BB Cream. I loved it and I’m purchasing it. Loved that it was not TOO matte. Looked totally reasonable on my dry skin. It’s just slightly tinted so it worked well with my very pale complexion. Looked like regular ole me but better on the no makeup days. No breakouts or irritation for my sensitive, rosacea skin. Unscented, which is fabulous for me. Did not seem to cling to any spots of texture. I love that it’s reef safe and cruelty free. I will let you know how it goes when the full size is empty, over on the Empties 2019 board. I love it when I find a new favorite from a foil sample!

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

I love the Farmacy Cleansing Balm as well and the little sample packets are perfect for travel. <333

@christyrc I love the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

It is one of my favorite items!

Best,
Rebecca

A little progress since the end of March:

Black X indicates I already finished and discussed the product. Red X is newly completed and Orange Check is using but not finished.

Skincare:

Foils skincare 2019.07.PNG

Lancôme Visionnaire Eye Cream Advanced Multi-Correcting Eye Balm 0.5 oz/ 15 ml

Spoiler

tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment 0.35 oz/ 10 mL

Spoiler

CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Spoiler

Makeup:

Foils makeup 2019.07.PNG

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

Spoiler

Question for anyone: belif aqua bomb vs. drunk elephant protini - would either be better for summer vs. winter? I have deluxe samples of both and want to incorporate them in but if one or the other works better at different times of the year I'd like to take it into account. Though winter isn't much in Florida. I guess it does get less unbearably hot. 😉 Thanks!

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@ShortErica Hi, it’s me again! ☺️ my two cents on your question. Personally I would pick Aqua Bomb for summer and Protini for winter. One weird thing I’ve noticed this summer with Protini: on hot days, I get beads of sweat on top of the moisturizer. It feels like it’s so thick that it’s not workingwell with H2O if that makes any sense. I never had that happen with the Belif moisturizers. Maybe TMI, but definitely a consideration in hot weather.

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Thanks @christyrc - I appreciate it. Even though they are only deluxe samples, I want to give them the best shot to prove their worth. 😃

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Whoa, @ShortErica that does not sound right on the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. No wonder you didn’t like it! The consistency should not be like cottage cheese! I wonder if it was a bad sample? Yuck is right!

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

I’ll tag you in my empties post where I have a picture.

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Two foils for the week! I’ve been using the DE Protini exclusively for about one month, so I was thrilled for the opportunity to compare it to La La. I can definitely see that LaLa would be great for my driest winter skin. I love that, like Protini, LaLa is unscented and works great under my foundation. It’s much creamier and thicker than the Protini. I will gladly purchase for winter. I LIKED the Wander Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks. They were fun, but I did not think they did anything for my dry under eye area and lines. Hard to tell, though, from one use.

Good to know the protini is lighter. I'm curious about the protini vs. belif aqua bomb in case you've tried both @christyrc. Thanks!

RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

I have tried both , @ShortErica here are my thoughts: I used Belif the true cream cream for a few years. I loved it and thought it was just right for my dry, but sensitive and acne prone, rosacea skin. Compared to the true cream, aqua bomb is heavier and thicker, like a winter weight moisturizer. But, I think Protini is a little heavier and thicker than Aqua Bomb. Thankfully, the ingredients are gentle enough that I don’t break out. LaLa is heavier than Protini. LaL> Protini > Aqua Bomb > True Cream (as far as thickness and hydration). BTW the reason I changed from True Cream to Protini is my skin is getting drier as I get older 😲

Re: RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

This is really insightful @christyrc. I really appreciate it. Thanks for all the info!

@christyrc Two great products! I use the eye mask when I am on the plane and find it keeps my under eyes so hydrated!

Best,
Rebecca

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

July Week 1 (last week) with my Fun With Foils challenge for the month. Not too bad. No loves only likes/just ok. Just ok is La Mer. Playa, I did get 2 uses out of these & so far it hasn't wowed me but didnt do anything negative either. Boscia- I like that it warms, it cleans pretty well too. I'll try to keep my posts on Sundays.

@angel7594 

I started a 5 foils in 5 days challenge on this thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/5-foils-in-5-days-challenge/m-p/4823701#M123871

It would align with this use your foils thread quite well!  A challenge to all those with foils! 

@l8totheparty 

I agree! The more the merrier, and I like your challenge idea. ❤️

Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • 669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg
  • 347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg
  • 20190105_221617.jpg
  • 20190105_221417.jpg
  • IMG_3915.JPG
  • 3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg
  • I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.
  • Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.
testing