Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Welcome to the second year of the challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join at anytime. โค๏ธ

Post your used samples daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. Feel free to suggest any sub- challenge ideas.

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Ok thatโ€™s good to know @JenL87! I canโ€™t wait that long๐Ÿ˜„ I will keep it in mind for backups and gifts though. I want to try the rose mist, hydration mask, cleansing jelly, boy brow...to start with.

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Ooooh do they have any other annual sales, @JenL87? This is only the second product Iโ€™ve tried of theirs and I am already planning another purchase๐Ÿ˜„

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Happy Valentineโ€™s Day, fellow Foil Sample Slayers! My foils this week were complicated. Kind of. First, the Sephora Charcoal Exfoliating Wipes. I love the idea of a wipe that I can use in a single spot for targeted exfoliation without getting the whole rest of my face involved. They are scented. And they are not for faces that canโ€™t tolerate a heavy duty scrub. This is like 40 grit sandpaper, not 180. It was not kind to my rosacea. But I definitely see how it has itโ€™s place in the world. Next up: Bite Lip Balm. Iโ€™ve been using this off and on for 2 years. Loved it. But now Iโ€™m wondering if the whiteheads that are popping up around my mouth might be related? I love the brand and the product but Iโ€™m gonna go on a balm fast. The jury is out. Love that itโ€™s unscented and very Moisturizing and frequent reapplication is not needed. I have lots of samples so Iโ€™m sure this topic will come up again. Sunday Riley Tidal. Love this. So Moisturizing. Gel moisturizer like I love. Does not anger my sensitive rosacea skin. Very lightly scented. Feels soothing. Itโ€™s one of my HG moisturizers.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@christyrc Love seeing your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

@christyrc, the Sunday Riley moisturizer sounds lovely! ๐Ÿ’• Will need to see if I have a foil or DS of it. 

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

A few foils and DS this week:9C8C7945-0239-41DE-BCA4-52429F18645A.jpeg

Spoiler
When I tried the Givenchy for the first time, my immediate thought was, โ€œWow, thatโ€™s beautifulโ€-it is really, really nice and most comparable to my favorite so far-the Armani Luminous foundation. The Jo Malone is Wood Sage and Sea Salt which I loved. The Lather Caviar Lime AHA cleanser left my skin gorgeous and if I wasnโ€™t overloaded with cleansers and on a low buy I would immediately purchase this. The SR was the first retinol Iโ€™ve used in awhile and I MAY have overdone it; my skin hurt like a sunburn after 2 weeks of daily use. Iโ€™m decluttering and introducing the new DE I received as gratis into my routine this week. Itโ€™s also 1% but vegan/plant-derived, so we will see what happens!

That Givenchy foundation sounds good @eshoe! Armani LSF is one of my favorite foundations.

@eshoe Awesome foil empties ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi. Only two of the samples this week were new for me: the two Mehs. The Origins GinZing Moisturizer was not Moisturizing enough ๐Ÿ˜ž Usually I love a good gel type moisturizer. Ten minutes after applying this product I felt like I needed to apply moisturizer. So I pretended this was a great smellling GinZing Serum and that worked. I really do love the scent. The Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating Cleanser is not for amateurs. Itโ€™s a Cleanser with physical AND chemical exfoliants so itโ€™s very easy to overdo it. I have sensitive skin w/a little dryness and itโ€™s sometimes acne-prone. I also use Retin-A. I used this deluxe sample for a month. Two weeks in I realized I had to be totally dialed-in and present when using this stuff. What other products was I using? Was I about to apply Retin A? Planned sun exposure? Seriously. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s great for some peeps, but my skin is just too fragile to chance over-exfoliating. If this were the only exfoliant and AHA/BHA I was using, then I would totally love it. This is my problem, not Muradโ€™s.

@christyrc Loving your foil empties. I love the BELIF - Moisturizing Eye Bomb.It is so hydrating!

Best,
Rebecca 

Hi, friends. I made a boo-boo and put the Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask in both photos, but really itโ€™s a LOVE. Very effective and powerful mask, but not so strong that it would leave my face too dry or peeling. Just beautiful, fresh looking skin. Smells like orange juice concentrate. As always, I love the Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. I strongly LIKED the Saturday Skin Featherweight Moisturizer. My skin felt moisturized, but it was not too rich. Nice gel consistency. Low key scent. Also strongly LIKED the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. Smells like the rest of the Vino products. Very Moisturizing and did not break me out. LIKED the Murad Retinol eye cream. Reminded me very much of the DE C Tango eye cream but the Murad has a light scent. LIKED the Belif Hungarian Water Essence. But I donโ€™t feel like it provided so much moisture that I need to buy it. Seemed kind of like a toner, if anything. Origins Ginzing eye cream. Loved the scent for morning to keep me awake. But it did not meet my eye cream needs: hydration, hydration, hydration. LIKED Dp Hue ACV Salt Scrub. The scent was not terrible. It was very difficult to work thru my long hair. How is the hair not tearing from the big chunks of salt??? LIKED the Sephora wipes but IMO, it would take a very, very special wipe to compelmetopuchase (since I have so many backups). The scent was gentle. It arrived moist and ready to go to work. Not a BAD wipe.

@christyrc Loved reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing. 

Best,

Rebecca 

Love your "loves" @christyrc! Both are great products! โค๏ธ

I love the Ren mask also.

I love the Ren mask also.

Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.

Spoiler
Love
Kiehlโ€™s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Masque โ€“ I asked for a sample of this mask in the store and was able to get 2 uses out of it and I think this is a fabulous mask. It feels cooling on the skin, works great after a peel to calm any redness left behind, leaves skin soft and hydrated. Each time Iโ€™ve used this, Iโ€™ve felt a little tickle on the sides of my nose, so Iโ€™m rather intrigued to try this mask out another time to see if that continues to happen! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment โ€“ this one is too strong for me to use all over my face, but itโ€™s fantastic as a spot treatment or for use on the oilier parts of my face, like my nose and along my jawline. It dries up active blemishes and helps with the dormant ones.

Maybe

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm โ€“ I have more lip balms than I can get through but that doesnโ€™t necessarily stop me from picking up more. This oneโ€™s a thicker balm; nice for the evenings. I have miniโ€™s of these from the holiday set so I probably wonโ€™t be picking up a full size anytime soon.

Meh

AmorePacific Botanical Radiance Oil โ€“ I really liked this oil when I first started using it, and I still think it's fine (it's between okay and good-but-not-great), but Iโ€™ve since started using the Herbivore Emerald Oil and find that one to provide both moisture and a glow and to be a better it for my now dehydrated-dry skin. I do wonder whether this AP Radiance Oil might work better for me in the warmer months; I may see about getting a sample of it then to try it out again.

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Regenerating Eye Treatment Gel โ€“ this gel is very emollient for a gel; thatโ€™s not necessarily a bad thing, but for me, it meant it took a little longer than I like for it to fully absorb. Since finishing this sample, Iโ€™ve been using DS of two different belif eye creams and I like the texture on both of those more than this AP gel.

Living proof. Perfect hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector โ€“ this one really is just โ€˜mehโ€™ for me. I didnโ€™t see any difference in my hair when I used it as an overnight treatment. I ended up using this as a leave-in conditioner because I needed to use it up. For me, this works best as a detangler, but thatโ€™s about it.

@itsfi - I also had a mini of the agave lip balm in a holiday set. I found the sample packet easier to use than the mini which is in a tube. The formula is just too soft for a tube in my opinion. The balm itself was nice but with that packaging it wasn't for me.

@ShortErica, Iโ€™ve heard that about the Agave lip balm. I will probably transfer the mini tube into a small container. 

@itsfi Love seeing all of the items you used and how you felt!

Best,

Rebecca 

Thank you @RebeccaBT! โค๏ธ

And Iโ€™m STILL working through DS fromDecember Deluxe Sample sub challenge! This first LOVE caught me off guard. It was just a random foil sample. I havenโ€™t used liquid blush since sixth grade. The NARS liquid blush below is perfection. Blended in to a truly subtle, glowy, translucent finish. If it didnโ€™t have micro sparkles, I would not have known It wasnโ€™t natural. thatโ€™s my goal with makeup: Natural, but with sparkles. I also love the Caudalie Vinoperfect and have said so before. LIKES: Laniege Eye Sleeping Mask. Itโ€™s light, hydrating and I like the gel consistency. Did not bug my sensitive eyes. dp Hue ACV shampoo/conditioner substitute. Would like to try again before making a purchase decision. It was not stinky, my hair felt good afterwards. IDK if it solves any kind of problem and I NEED to buy it? Caudalie Vinactive Eye Cream. Like this one so much better than the Premier Cru. This one feels more Moisturizing. Murad hydro dynamic quenching Essence. Felt good. Again, gel consistency and I love those. But is it really hydrating or is it just some silicone? IDK. There are serums and moisturizers I like better.

@christyrc Iโ€™m in the same boat - Iโ€™m still working through a couple of products from the Deluxe December sub challenge too. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • 669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg
  • 347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg
  • 20190105_221617.jpg
  • 20190105_221417.jpg
  • IMG_3915.JPG
  • 3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg
  • I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.
  • Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.
testing