Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Welcome to the second year of the challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join at anytime. โค๏ธ

Post your used samples daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you want. Feel free to suggest any sub- challenge ideas.

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.

@bakeamuffin, I have a few DS of the Tatcha primer but was nervous about using it because of the mixed reviews, but if it hasnโ€™t caused you any skin irritations or break out, I may give it a shot. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค”

Itโ€™s nice that the Tatcha primer is available in a smaller size now, too @bakeamuffin! ๐Ÿ’— that one ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm notorious for giving away my foils instead of using them.  But I wanted to begin using them, so I started with AHA which I'm been wanting to incorporate into my routine.  (I already use BHA and am nuts about it).

I started with Paula's Choice 5% AHA

Image result for paula's choice 5% aha sample

And I tolerated it just fine.  I got 4 uses out of it, and there's more in there.  I was anxious to try the 8% gel, which I started three days ago.

Image result for paula's choice 8% aha sample

I loved it so much that I just ordered a bottle of it.  I figure by the time I use it up, it will time for the April sale and I can move up to the 12% AHA in the DE TLC Framboos. 

@Anonymous7 I am so happy that you loved the samples you tried! I need to get better about using mine as well! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

Hi! Lots of leftovers from the December Deluxe Sample sub challenge. LOVE and will purchase the Dr Dennis Gross C plus Collagen Deep Cream. Love the bright, sunshiney, orange scent and the deep, rich hydration. LOVE the DE C Firma serum. My skin looked very evenly textured and brighter while using. Of the recent C serums Iโ€™ve tried, this is my favorite. Will purchase. If I buy both will I overdose on vitamin C? LIKES. Nothing too noteworthy on the likes.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@christyrc,

Love the Dr Dennis Gross C plus Collagen Deep Cream as well! I just tried a sample of it and my skin just drink it up. I like that it also gives my skin a bit of a glow.

โค๏ธ Melissa

Great empties! I love the DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firmaโ„ข Day Serum as well! I probably have gone through like four bottles! I never want to run out ๐Ÿ˜› @christyrc

Foils from this past week, no loves.3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

I am ready to burn through the stash in 2019! Woohoo! ๐Ÿ™Œ LIKED the Amorepacific Treatment Enzyme Peel. Only 2uses in the sample, tho, so idonโ€™t really know. Gentle exfoliation. I always love the idea of enzymes going to work on my skin. LOVE the Tatcha Water Cream. Very similar IMO to Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. Light, gel-like formula, but very hydrating. Light scent that does not give my hubby migraines. Itโ€™s a contender for purchase, once I run out of moisturizers. LOVE DE C-Tango eye cream. This will be my new eye cream, when I run out of eye creams. This is one of the few products Iโ€™ve tried where I saw a little bit of a difference in my lines. My eye area felt more hydrated. Again, unscentedso thatโ€™s a plus in my family.

I love the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL!It was one of my greats finds honestly. Also am such big fan of the packaging! I haven't tried the Drunk Elephant C-Tangoโ„ข Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mLyet,but have heard nothing but wonderful tings @christyrc

Mostly skincare products, which is not a surprise. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

IMG_3915.JPG

Spoiler

LOVE

AmorePacific Future Response Age Defense Crรจme โ€“ this crรจme is an excellent moisturizer in the winter for me when my skin is dehydrated combo-leaning-dry. I have some good moisturizers that Iโ€™m working through this winter, but, unless something better comes along at a price point that is more wallet-friendly, Iโ€™ll likely purchase a full size during the November sale.

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil โ€“ I get the hype now. This is a really nice oil and my skin really liked it. I have a mini of this from an old DE set so I wonโ€™t need to pick one up for a while, but if I did not have that mini, I would repurchase.

Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask โ€“ creamy goodness for my skin. It can be used as a wash-off or overnight mask. My preference is to use it as an overnight mask or as a daytime moisturizer. I picked up a full size already.

Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask โ€“ this was a gift from the lovely @mermadelove, and it could not have been more perfect. Iโ€™ve really found this treatment mask to be so helpful with the clogged pores along my jawline that crop up periodically and the pesky pimples that find their way back on my face - in my experience, it does its most powerful work against active acne, but it does a good job at the the ones that you're just waiting on to make their appearance fully known and ruin your day. This product has been good to me and Iโ€™ll definitely be picking up a full size. 

AmorePacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System โ€“ Iโ€™ve been incorporating this into my morning and evening skincare routines and have been taking it with me to work to spritz throughout the day and my skin has responded very well to the burst of hydration it gives. I have another of DS of this mist as well as a few other mists I need to try so Iโ€™ll hold off on purchasing a FS, but depending on how my other mists perform, I would consider picking up a full size of this AP one at the spring sale.

Kilian I Don't Need a Prince by My Side to be a Princess - I like the scent. Just not sure if I need another fragrance right now. No, that's not entirely accurate - I know I don't need another perfume; I'm not sure if I like this one enough to that my want for it would override my not needing more perfume at the moment. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Mahalo The Bean Antioxidant Mask โ€“ this was a great recommendation from the fabulous @veronika23. The ingredients are good and it did a great job as an exfoliator, especially with the blackheads on my nose. I have a handful of exfoliating products that I want to get through and will hold off on purchasing this one for a few months until Iโ€™ve tried out the others I have and then will reassess whether to purchase or to hold off a little longer.

MAYBE

amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask โ€“ this mask grew on me, but I prefer to use it as a leave-in conditioner. I wouldnโ€™t say โ€˜noโ€™ to this but I also wouldnโ€™t run out to get it if I knew it was in short supply. I have a couple of other masks from amika, as well as several hair masks from other brands and will give them a shot before deciding whether this is one I want to repurchase.

MEH

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment โ€“ Iโ€™m not sold on this one โ€ฆ yet. It does a decent job of color correcting on some dark spots from blemishes, but I have some areas of redness that seemed to turn grey when I applied this treatment. I think I may have received a mini or DS of this as part of a sub box so Iโ€™ll give it another try at a later time.

@itsfi really glad you are enjoying the Saturn. Itโ€™s a definite HG product for me! You should get the SR Space Race kit. I think youโ€™ll love it!!!

@mermadelove, I was gifted the SR Space Race Kit for Christmas - I asked for it specifically because I loved Saturn so much and I recall you having good things to say about the kit. Yay!

@itsfi it is my go to hands down best ever skin care kit! ๐Ÿฅฐ

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@itsfi I canโ€™t wait to get my hands on a Glow Recipe Avocado Mask. Good tips!

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2019

@christyrc, itโ€™s soooo good! โ™ฅ๏ธ Perfect for this cold, winter weather!! I hope Sephora has a promo for a sample size soon or the brand comes up with a mini. I feel like if people can just try it out, theyโ€™ll love it! Creamy avocado goodness!! ๐Ÿฅ‘ I placed an order for the full size within the first few days of trialing this sample. 

Wow you finished a lot @itsfi!!!

@veronika23, many of these were started at some time in 2018, with a more concentrated effort (read: using daily or every other day) last month and beginning of this one when I decided I really need to not open any new samples until Iโ€™ve finished the ones that are already open. 

@itsfi  gotcha! That's what I am doing now... very hard not to open new things I want. ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23, itโ€™s soooo hard!!!  I have so many open samples in varying stages of usage - some have just a few more uses left and I just need to incorporate them into my routine; others are halfway done and some have only been used once and just stare back and taunt me! Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m just gonna keep chipping away at โ€˜em, and decide if Iโ€™m going to use them up or toss โ€˜em because theyโ€™re not working for me. 

Conversation Stats
Photos62
  • 669302DA-6E6B-4363-8788-37610AFE4AD1.jpeg
  • 347A1926-E2EE-4A96-9C44-42C99DB63F4E.jpeg
  • 20190105_221617.jpg
  • 20190105_221417.jpg
  • IMG_3915.JPG
  • 3327F8A8-5C50-4D92-8C84-0B69A6AD3494.jpeg
  • I think I liked the FAB radiance pads, I didn't see an adverse reaction when using them, but I also didn't dig into the ingredients. Love Beste, I've gone through multiple full sized bottles and was glad to have these back ups on hand when I ran out. Protini is nice but it wasn't as moisturizing as I need. Fell in love with the Tatacha primer, enjoyed the Melt Into Moisture Matcha hair mask, and the KVD super brow worked well but I wouldn't purchase because I prefer beow pencils.
  • Mostly skincare. The GlamGlow should probably be posted in the Empties thread instead of here since it's a mini and not a foil or DS. Oops.
testing