cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Inspired by beauty budget collection on IG, I think I’m going to go all in for “Sample September” 

Essentially you try to use as many foil samples as possible throughout the month. Because I’m not one for rules, I imagine DS sizes would be fine, too 🙃 Following all the fantastic groundwork @CorgiMommy has started here, I plan to just post pics of my empty foils each week

Tagging some fine folks who might be interested... feel free to ignore or tag more!

@angel7594 @CorgiMommy @itsfi @Shosh85 @Aaliaa @bakeamuffin @eshoe

@scott1201 I think I am going to join all of you in Sample September! It's a rainy day here, and perfect for picking out lots of samples to use during the coming month 🙂

Welcome, @JenniferOhJenny! ❤️🤗

I am so honored that I am an inspiration to you. i really...

I am so honored that I am an inspiration to you. i really needed to get a handle on my growing numbers that I had to do something. Doing this as my new year's resolution was the thing to do and posting every week has kept me honest. I look forward to your posts.

Thanks for the tag @scott1201! 😄 I’ve started pulling together some samples to use.

Thanks for the tag!! Sounds fun to me, @scott1201!!  I've got some to post already!😉👍

I am totally on board and so thankful you tagged me, @scott1201. Tonight I went through my samples looking for face masks and have so, so many foils that I wanted to set some sort of goal for myself so I don’t keep just collecting them. This is JUST what I needed! 😊 thank you!

@scott1201, Fun idea!! 👍🏻

I will update the thread with your September challenge idea tomorrow, so everyone will be able to see it there as well!!   

I love this idea @scott1201!! I think it would really help me discover more makeup products, and I have quite a few hair care foils too 😄thanks for the tag, I’ll be following along! 

it was a slow week for me using up only 6 samples, however, I also didn't receive any new ones. YTD totals are now 489 used and 330 received. I finished up the Kiehl's 10 day challenge and will seriously consider purchasing this product. I did love the Clarins serum also.

I finally have another batch of used up samples to share! 

45A62F5F-DD00-4074-8E63-70BF59421C74.jpeg

My favorites of this round were the Kilian Princess and Glow Recipe mask. I prefer the BB liquid cleanser over the solid. I did not like the Pinrose Sun Saint, does not smell good on me. Everything else was okay, but unsure if I would purchase. The Nordstrom vial had perfume, but I forgot what it was lol. 🙈

Lots to love in the 14 samples I used up this week. Since I received no new samples my YTD totals are moving in a positive direction; 483 used and 330 received. Two repeats I loved this week are the Tatcha Water Cream and the Kiehl's Line Reducing Concentrate. The Botanics Facial Oil left my skin soft and as a bonus it is 100% organic. The Ren Rescue Mask is a great after sun product and the Supergoop Mousse Sunscreen offered me the sun protection I needed and blends in quickly. I am glad I liked the Moroccanoil Hair Oil has I have about 4 more of these to use up. My favorite this week is the Clarins Wrinkle Control Firming Day Cream. Clarins is becoming my new favorite skin care line. it is more affordable then others I have tried and delivers the results promised.

Hi @CorgiMommy,

This is encouraging me to use my foil samples I always get but never use! I love the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL and OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer.  They are both amazing moisturizers, lightweight and absorbs into the skin quickly. 😉

Warmest regards,

Helen

Lots of good stuff used this week out of the 12 samples I finished. Surprised to love the Living Proof Shampoo and Conditioner. I am a huge Amore Pacfic lover so a repeat of their creme fluid was greatly appreciated. Also repeats of Glamglow melting jelly and Shiseido eye cream were nice to use again. Started the Kiehl's 10 day challenge and so far loving the results of their line reducing concentrate. I did receive 7 samples/foils this week, the new YTD totals are 469 used and 330 received. Hoping to continue to make a dent in my sample stash, I just need to stay away from the GWP.

Went traveling with only foils again. My foils are getting out of control again.

Slow week for using up samples/foils since I am in the middle of finishing lots of delux samples. Only completed 5 samples this week. I did like everything I used and would consider purchasing any one of them. New YTD totals are 457 used and 323 received; another week I did not receive any samples.

Lots of perfume samples used up this round!

My favorite of the bunch was the Bvlgari. I really like the beauty blender cleanser and Clinique moisturizer as well.

27F4F954-6FA4-49C8-9854-E985BD286B68.jpeg

Hi @angel7594,

These are great samples! Which fragrance sample did you like best? The Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette 3 oz/ 90 mL is one of my fav scents. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBT

My favorite was the Bvlgari, but I really enjoyed Good Girl too! ❤️

@angel7594 - Great choices! The Bvlgari sure does smell amazing!

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Loves- The Hourglass primer was so beautiful on the skin and I love that it has an spf in the formula. The C-tango eye cream was really enjoyable, I felt like it did in fact brighten a little and did a great job of moisturizing without being too heavy. I'd be interested in getting a full size eventually and seeing the long term effects of the product. The C.E.O. smelled really nice and my skin seemed to like it, but I'd need to use it longer to see any difference in my skin. Once I finish up my mini of the D.E. vitamin C I would like to try a mini of the C.E.O. and see how they compare. I also really enjoyed the Tatcha deep cleanse sample and regret not getting the 100 point perk while it was still avalible. 😢 Likes- Everything pretty much was good, but nothing I would consider purchasing. The HUM gummie was easy to take and pleasantly sweet, however, I won't be able to see any diffrence in just one dose. Dislikes- Okay, I really wanted to like this. The packaging of the actual product is gorgeous and I love look of the brand as a whole. Unfortunately, as soon as I applied this to my clean skin, my face immediately turned red. I've used chemical exfoliants before but this was a different kind of burn. I did a quick search of the ingredients and realized that this product has fragrance in it. Although its realativy low on the ingredient list, my skin still did not put up with it. The next day I had little bumps all over my face. 😣

testing