cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@Shosh85 I love your loves! 😍

@bakeamuffin I love that you love my loves! Haha! 😂

Another batch of trash to share with you guys 😉

Loves: ❤️

7C6F59E0-43FA-4C31-B6A8-9C4CB9ED719E.jpeg

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@Shosh85 How did you like the CC cream from Alterna ? Was it heavy or weighted your hair down? I’m very curious about this product 🧐

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@keana1 The Alterna leave-in conditioner makes my hair feel soft and smooth and seems to feel light. What I didn’t like was how it made my hair feel a little filmy and the scent was ok but not great. 😊

@Shosh85 Thanks for your honest opinion! I’ll try it in between shampoos since I use 2-3 different shampoos when I wash my hair! Is that weird or normal?

@keana1 What is “normal” anyway? Haha! I say, go with whatever works for you! 👍🤗

@Shosh85 You’re absolutely right ! 

@Shosh85 what did you think of the verb hair samples? Also just curious another person’s take on the good genes verses DE framboos. I love DE’s and was surprised to not be that into good genes. I used it one night, not sure if I want to use the remaining samples.

@MackyDeanna I loved the Hydrating VERB and will probably purchase once I’m out of Amika 👌 It made my hair soft, smooth, light and definitely hydrated. The Sea VERB was good, just didn’t leave my hair feeling as soft or hydrated and the scent wasn’t as good as the Hydrating one.

My main problem with Good Genes is the smell! I’m not sure I can really stand it. I don’t feel like one sample is really enough to get a feel for the product, but it did seem to brighten my face quite a bit and made it feel soft and I liked that, but I did notice it dried out my face a bit too. I’m going to continue to use more of my samples to see how I feel after I’ve tried it a little more. 

The DE Framboos didn’t really do whole lot for me- My face felt soft and it seemed to help brighten just a little but it also dried me out a little. It’s hard to tell from just one sample though. The Good Genes did seem to a better job brightening than the DE.

Recently used samples- 

I enjoyed everything except for the Algenist foil and PTR Thermal Mask. I had some minor skin irritation from both. My favorite this round was the Fresh Rose Face Mask.

76F69C42-0A2A-479C-AB08-B63879CB3D0D.jpeg

Great job, @angel7594!! I really need to break out that mask and try it, haha- it seems everyone likes this one! 🍓👌

@angel7594 I’ve yet to hear something negative about that fresh rose mask- glad you found it!

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Really was an uninspiring week for samples, used 10 and received 4. YTD totals 355 used and 226 received. I did like the Caudalie Premier Cru and the Skin Inc. Pure Renewal Peel. I did find one I didn't not like at all, the coffee body scrub; just too messy for my taste.

Maybe this week is uninspiring for you @CorgiMommy, but you continue to inspire me to use up my samples.  

@CorgiMommy Great job with samples! I feel the same about most coffee body scrubs I’ve tried- just too messy! 😉

I’ve save up a bunch and am now starting to use them as well! So far the only thing I don’t like about it is the smell! If it gives results though, I can get past the smell 👍

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@CorgiMommy, what did you think of the Sunday Riley? Mine had so much of an off-scent that I only managed to finish 1 day.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Hi @eshoe, the first time I smelled it at a store, I thought the sample container had been opened for out too long or something and had turned bad!  But the horrible smell is indeed what it smells like and when I use it I follow up with a good-smelling moisturiser.

I know people love SR but it wasn't a favorite of mine, t...

I know people love SR but it wasn't a favorite of mine, the scent didn't agree with me

Another little batch of samples used: 😉

❤️= Loves

👍= Likes

👎= Dislikes 

2AD8DD86-CCD9-47E3-8AB2-5482A6865C10.jpeg

@Shosh85 did the Biossance remind you of the DE C-Tango? I am working through samples of each now and they seem to have a very similar texture. Do you mind sharing why you thought it was so-so?
2 Replies
testing