cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called โ€œDeluxe Decemberโ€ Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). โค๏ธ

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@eshoe I havenโ€™t yet tried the DE C-tango! Thatโ€™s on my list though! The Biossance was just ok for me because it didnโ€™t really seem to do much except hydrate my eyes a little. 

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

The Tatcha Deep Cleanse was an unexpected love for me, considering I don't like their cleansing powders or their cleansing oil at all.  It's the perfect balance of gel, lather and exfoliating grit.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I totally agree, @MlleCC! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿค—

Great sample use @Shosh85!  I also love the DDG daily peel pads.  I'm trying to stock up on the 100pt rewards right now ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Yup, me too, @RachFace2921!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜‚

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Ok my husband thinks I am weird for saving my empty samples but that is not going to stop me. This week saw me use what I think is a record 25 foils/samples and receiving 0. That is right I received zero samples. YTD totals are now 345 used and 222 received. Lots of old favorites including Algenist Anti Aging moisturizer and Smashbox Primer in the week's samples. Others things I liked include Ole Henrikson Face the Truth Gel Cleanser, it has a yummy smell. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Cream, hated to use this up as it is a new favorite eye cream. Loved SK-II RNA Essence, I can't wait to see if this is something I can afford. Also loved but probably can't afford the Tatcha Deep Hydration Firming Eye Cream. Until next week...

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@CorgiMommy I hide my empty foils in a little box in my makeup drawer until I do the photo and start a new batch- just because I donโ€™t feel like trying to have this conversation with my husband lol. Will never understand ๐Ÿ˜‰

Way to burn through those samples @CorgiMommy!  I've also used / like the truth cleanser.  It smells so citrusy!

Edit: I just saw your note about the bye bye undereye.  Also a fav of mine; really good for sensitive eyes.  This is my HG eye cream!

@CorgiMommy Awesome job using samples! Sometimes I literally cringe after trying a sample and then looking up the full size cost! There are some samples I havenโ€™t tried yet, just because Iโ€™m afraid Iโ€™ll like them, haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@CorgiMommy. Tatcha direct has alot of their products in...

@CorgiMommy. Tatcha direct has alot of their products in travel size so if you really love it i would go with that, $30 is alot easier to swallow than $85. I love their silk cream but only use it during the winter & if I feel my oily skin needs something extra so I plan on ordering the travel size when Im out of my samples. They offer free shipping over $25 & 3 complimentary samples๐Ÿ˜

@CorgiMommy, you're an inspiration!

@CorgiMommy, you're an inspiration!

Thank you!

Thank you!

I have been going through my skincare products 

1CEF1017-E2CB-4F85-917C-A6CBAC5B9116.jpeg 

I liked the Guerlain and Makeup Forever primers. Hourglass primer is ok. Enjoyed the cover girl foundation. Dennis Gross pads are nice, and I enjoyed the Peter Roth water cream.

Another little batch ๐Ÿ˜‰

โค๏ธ = Loved

๐Ÿ‘ = Just okay

The GlamGlow Bubblesheet does what itโ€™s supposed to and has a really nice fit- but I think itโ€™s a little overpriced for what it is. The SOO AE mask is just a random mask I got in a subscription. It felt nice, but was nothing special- also the hole sizes were extremely large- (seriously, do they test these on real-life human faces?๐Ÿค”)41463AE0-3731-41CE-A3A5-6B98545A8B23.jpeg

I'm swimming in samples and deluxe size products between my Play subscription box and past orders.  I picked a few samples to work through and when I finish them I'll replace them with new samples.  These are the ones I picked to work on:IMG_8717.jpg

I'm most excited to try the cover FX shimmer and REN mask.

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Got through a lot more samples the past 2 weeks. Even though Iโ€™m getting a lot more samples this year, I think Iโ€™m still managing to make a dent in my stash ๐Ÿ™‚ Below, the TOP ROW are products I will or would buy; definitely getting the YTP kale cleanser. The MIDDLE ROW I enjoyed but wonโ€™t be buying. The Fresh serum was great, but doesnโ€™t fit my needs. I want to buy the glam glow, but Iโ€™m not sure if itโ€™s as great as it was fun. The BOTTOM ROW products were disappointing/meh. Really thought I would love Good Genes, glad I could figure this out for free!

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@MackyDeanna Just out of curiosity, what did you dislike about the Bum Bum Cream?

RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@Shosh85 I think that one was just meh, and not really anything bad about it. Iโ€™m pretty attached to my kiehls creme de corps, have been using it for about 10 years. So that might have something to do with it. Have you tried it?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@MackyDeanna It seems like everyone loves it and I see people raving about it all the time- so I was super excited to try it. I really enjoy the scent, but itโ€™s just too strong for me- every time I wear it, I just get headaches ๐Ÿ˜ข

I always hear everyone saying they absolutely love it, so I was surprised to see you didnโ€™t! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@MackyDeanna, that's great!  It's always better to find out via samples if something doesn't work for you!

RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

I agree 100% with you @curlychiquita ! Itโ€™s great when the sample size is good enough to be able to try a product for a decent time! Having only 1 foil sample is not enough to really appreciate or not a new product
testing