cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called โ€œDeluxe Decemberโ€ Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). โค๏ธ

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@Shosh85 I love your loves! ๐Ÿ˜

@bakeamuffin I love that you love my loves! Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Another batch of trash to share with you guys ๐Ÿ˜‰

Loves: โค๏ธ

7C6F59E0-43FA-4C31-B6A8-9C4CB9ED719E.jpeg

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@Shosh85 How did you like the CC cream from Alterna ? Was it heavy or weighted your hair down? Iโ€™m very curious about this product ๐Ÿง

Re: RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@keana1 The Alterna leave-in conditioner makes my hair feel soft and smooth and seems to feel light. What I didnโ€™t like was how it made my hair feel a little filmy and the scent was ok but not great. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85 Thanks for your honest opinion! Iโ€™ll try it in between shampoos since I use 2-3 different shampoos when I wash my hair! Is that weird or normal?

@keana1 What is โ€œnormalโ€ anyway? Haha! I say, go with whatever works for you! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—

@Shosh85 Youโ€™re absolutely right ! 

@Shosh85 what did you think of the verb hair samples? Also just curious another personโ€™s take on the good genes verses DE framboos. I love DEโ€™s and was surprised to not be that into good genes. I used it one night, not sure if I want to use the remaining samples.

@MackyDeanna I loved the Hydrating VERB and will probably purchase once Iโ€™m out of Amika ๐Ÿ‘Œ It made my hair soft, smooth, light and definitely hydrated. The Sea VERB was good, just didnโ€™t leave my hair feeling as soft or hydrated and the scent wasnโ€™t as good as the Hydrating one.

My main problem with Good Genes is the smell! Iโ€™m not sure I can really stand it. I donโ€™t feel like one sample is really enough to get a feel for the product, but it did seem to brighten my face quite a bit and made it feel soft and I liked that, but I did notice it dried out my face a bit too. Iโ€™m going to continue to use more of my samples to see how I feel after Iโ€™ve tried it a little more. 

The DE Framboos didnโ€™t really do whole lot for me- My face felt soft and it seemed to help brighten just a little but it also dried me out a little. Itโ€™s hard to tell from just one sample though. The Good Genes did seem to a better job brightening than the DE.

Recently used samples- 

I enjoyed everything except for the Algenist foil and PTR Thermal Mask. I had some minor skin irritation from both. My favorite this round was the Fresh Rose Face Mask.

76F69C42-0A2A-479C-AB08-B63879CB3D0D.jpeg

Great job, @angel7594!! I really need to break out that mask and try it, haha- it seems everyone likes this one! ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‘Œ

@angel7594 Iโ€™ve yet to hear something negative about that fresh rose mask- glad you found it!

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Really was an uninspiring week for samples, used 10 and received 4. YTD totals 355 used and 226 received. I did like the Caudalie Premier Cru and the Skin Inc. Pure Renewal Peel. I did find one I didn't not like at all, the coffee body scrub; just too messy for my taste.

Maybe this week is uninspiring for you @CorgiMommy, but you continue to inspire me to use up my samples.  

@CorgiMommy Great job with samples! I feel the same about most coffee body scrubs Iโ€™ve tried- just too messy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™ve save up a bunch and am now starting to use them as well! So far the only thing I donโ€™t like about it is the smell! If it gives results though, I can get past the smell ๐Ÿ‘

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@CorgiMommy, what did you think of the Sunday Riley? Mine had so much of an off-scent that I only managed to finish 1 day.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Hi @eshoe, the first time I smelled it at a store, I thought the sample container had been opened for out too long or something and had turned bad!  But the horrible smell is indeed what it smells like and when I use it I follow up with a good-smelling moisturiser.

I know people love SR but it wasn't a favorite of mine, t...

I know people love SR but it wasn't a favorite of mine, the scent didn't agree with me

Another little batch of samples used: ๐Ÿ˜‰

โค๏ธ= Loves

๐Ÿ‘= Likes

๐Ÿ‘Ž= Dislikes 

2AD8DD86-CCD9-47E3-8AB2-5482A6865C10.jpeg

@Shosh85 did the Biossance remind you of the DE C-Tango? I am working through samples of each now and they seem to have a very similar texture. Do you mind sharing why you thought it was so-so?
6 Replies
testing